Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Well?

+10
Rustytheviking
Unknown Soldier
Teentitan
Iceman
LAD
propat
SCUD
johnny211
By the Bay
Supremedebater
14 posters

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Well? - Page 4 Empty Re: Well?

Post by Unknown Soldier Sun 01 Sep 2019, 18:09

bigrex wrote:See, none of you have been around long enough to know this, but Teen used to be a forum admin, for several years, but it was because many felt that he was being overly zealous of his defence of Harper, that he felt the need to step down. So he is by no means, a Liberal supporter. But he is correct that Trudeau never promised to bring back the PA. Was it deceptive? Hell yes, but that is what every politician does. Say one thing, while meaning another.

So you have to ask yourself, is it better to vote for a politician that promises you the moon, but ends up giving an asteroid instead? Or a politician that promises you absolutely nothing, and therefor feels like they don't have to give you anything, because they're already in power.
but you can’t honestly believe that the Conservatives are not going to at least throw some kind of pitch at veterans before oct..? And by your logic Shceer would be okay in your book if he said “ vote me in and I’ll give every injured veteran a 100 thousand”...and then he gets elected and says “ here ya go, a 100 thousand...pennies, you didn’t think l meant dollars did you, silly veterans.”. You seem happy with the bone JT tossed, ask yourself this, what kind of offer from the Conservatives would make you jump ship., or are you a liberal supporter through and through no matter what stunts they pull.
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 608
Registration date : 2019-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sun 01 Sep 2019, 17:54

It is correct, just that most veterans do not get all the available benefits. All the numbers, other than the IRB, are directly from the VAC website.

https://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/resources/rates
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 01 Sep 2019, 16:41

[quote="bigrex"]Lets compare the two programs, between 2 married Corporals, rated at 100% and getting maximum rates of all available benefits

Pa

pension - $3570
EIA - $1512
AA - $1890

= $6972

PFL

PSC - $1150

APSC - $1500
IRB - roughly $3700/mo, after taxes
FCRB - $1028

= $7378

And severely disabled Veterans, that fall in between the three different legislations, can actually be even better off, than that. But the problem is those Veterans who are moderately, or less severely disabled, but are not eligible for the maximum rates of these available benefits, if at all, in spite of having these permanent limitations.[/quote

I will take the report of the PBO office over your post.

https://www.pbo-dpb.gc.ca/web/default/files/Documents/Reports/2019/Veterans%20Benefits/Veterans_Benefits_EN.pdf

Sean Bruyea has proved this Rex, why post something that is not correct.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sun 01 Sep 2019, 16:32

Lets compare the two programs, between 2 married Corporals, rated at 100% and getting maximum rates of all available benefits

Pa

pension - $3570
EIA - $1512
AA - $1890

= $6972

PFL

PSC - $1150
APSC - $1500
IRB - roughly $3700/mo, after taxes
FCRB - $1028

= $7378

And severely disabled Veterans, that fall in between the three different legislations, can actually be even better off, than that. But the problem is those Veterans who are moderately, or less severely disabled, but are not eligible for the maximum rates of these available benefits, if at all, in spite of having these permanent limitations.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 01 Sep 2019, 16:23

bigrex wrote:See, none of you have been around long enough to know this, but Teen used to be a forum admin, for several years, but it was because many felt that he was being overly zealous of his defence of Harper, that he felt the need to step down. So he is by no means, a Liberal supporter. But he is correct that Trudeau never promised to bring back the PA. Was it deceptive? Hell yes, but that is what every politician does. Say one thing, while meaning another.

So you have to ask yourself, is it better to vote for a politician that promises you the moon, but ends up giving an asteroid instead? Or a politician that promises you absolutely nothing, and therefor feels like they don't have to give you anything, because they're already in power.

Not sure what point you are making there Rex in regards to Teens past by inserting it into the discussion?  

“Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s pie in the sky promise in 2015 that the budget will balance itself by the October 2019 election showed that he either had no economic knowledge whatsoever, was deeply naive or just plain disingenuous.
Evidently the deficit didn’t just balance itself as it’s now hovering around the $20 billion mark. But that hasn’t stopped Trudeau from borrowing former Premier Kathleen Wynne’s playbook of spending like a drunken sailor less than two months before an election.”

I base my decision to vote for a leader based on his record not what party he represents period.  Trudeau is a lair and thinks it’s okay to break some laws and only follow laws he wants too.  If I was a lawyer and had to sum up my case against Trudeau.  I would direct your attention to one name, Jody Wilson-Raybould, MP and ask her to explain her interaction with the PM while she was the attorney general of Canada.

God help us if Canada re-elects Trudeau.

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Sun 01 Sep 2019, 16:04

Trudeau didn’t promise the terrorists anything during his pre election platform, but gave them millions he promised us everything and gave us, not peanuts, but just the peanut shells

I have 5% PA and that gives ~200 / month, with married and 2 kids. That is roughly equal to 20% PFL.

in what world is that equal?

Is it possible that scheer is not going to promise anything, as he does not know what to do to fix the liberal mess?

Rather than promise the world, abd break a promise, is it not better to promise nothing and come up with a solution that is acceptable during his term.

Also, Don’t forget, the NVC was brought into force by the conservatives, but it was actually the liberals that conceived, wrote it, and made it a law during Paul Martins term in 2005

BTW, I also fell for the liberal spiel last election.
Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Iceman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2016-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Kramer Sun 01 Sep 2019, 15:41

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/canada-election-2015-trudeau-liberal-veterans-pensions-1.3201506

Teen.......In the attached link......JT uses his own words....."We will reinstate lifelong pensions."  He also lies and says....." no veteran will be forced to fight their own government."  

To "reinstate" means to....restore...bring back.....he did not bring it back. Pretty hard to reinstate something that has never been.

Riddick
Kramer
Kramer
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 670
Registration date : 2015-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sun 01 Sep 2019, 15:38

See, none of you have been around long enough to know this, but Teen used to be a forum admin, for several years, but it was because many felt that he was being overly zealous of his defence of Harper, that he felt the need to step down. So he is by no means, a Liberal supporter. But he is correct that Trudeau never promised to bring back the PA. Was it deceptive? Hell yes, but that is what every politician does. Say one thing, while meaning another.

bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Unknown Soldier Sun 01 Sep 2019, 15:09

Rustytheviking wrote:I personally don’t like any political party. Empty promises and expectations. I’ll do my due diligence in the coming weeks to see where my interests may end up lying.

The hard fact for me is I was making peanuts a month before 2015. Now things are far better. The trade off is the rest of the portfolios are in the shithouse. Another party may have made things better for us, but I don’t deal in what ifs. It’s not good for the mental health, so why bother using it in these scenarios. Same applies to the three tiered pension system. Someone may have brought it back to the pa, but they didn’t. And those of us on the nvc now are okay. As for the pfl only ones, that’s a different story with cias being eliminated. We’ll see what this election brings when people start peddling their goods
like I said, it worries me that the Conservatives have come out with NOTHING concerning veterans, but they must before poll day one would think, and yet, my anger at Trudeau has not yet subsided, so even if Scheer is quiet on the matter at least he has no promise to break if he gets in, lol. It doesn’t matter what the Liberals “ say” they are going to do, I’m not voting for them this time unless Trudeau steps down.
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 01 Sep 2019, 15:06

Rustytheviking wrote:I personally don’t like any political party. Empty promises and expectations. I’ll do my due diligence in the coming weeks to see where my interests may end up lying.

The hard fact for me is I was making peanuts a month before 2015. Now things are far better. The trade off is the rest of the portfolios are in the shithouse. Another party may have made things better for us, but I don’t deal in what ifs. It’s not good for the mental health, so why bother using it in these scenarios. Same applies to the three tiered pension system. Someone may have brought it back to the pa, but they didn’t. And those of us on the nvc now are okay. As for the pfl only ones, that’s a different story with cias being eliminated. We’ll see what this election brings when people start peddling their goods

Okay, I agree with you in regards to your better off then before but why not get more that you in fact actually deserve.
I am not asking for any more or less then the previous PA Vets have received.  

Wouldn’t you like the following:

Benefits Available under the Pension Act
Disability Pension
Exceptional Incapacity Allowance
Attendance Allowance

Monthly tax-free payments paid for life to disabled veterans. Additional amounts are also awarded for qualified dependents.
The amount is based on the degree to which the disability is related to the military service and the extent of the disability.
Monthly tax-free allowance for veterans who are permanently and exceptionally incapacitated.
The amount of the allowance is based on the extent of the pain and loss of enjoyment or shortened life expectancy.
Monthly tax-free allowance for veterans who have a disability pension or who receive prisoner-of-war compensation; are totally disabled, whether by reason of military service or not; and need help with daily livIng tasks.
The amount payable is based on the degree of attendance, or attention by a caregiver, the veteran needs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rustytheviking Sun 01 Sep 2019, 14:34

I personally don’t like any political party. Empty promises and expectations. I’ll do my due diligence in the coming weeks to see where my interests may end up lying.

Rustytheviking
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2017-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 01 Sep 2019, 14:16

Unknown Soldier wrote:
Teentitan wrote:Well Unkown that's what is great about a democratic society even if the political leader of a country is a wolf in sheeps clothing he is entitled to be defended when what he says isn't what is understood by the citizens.

Look at England right now.  Johnson prorogue's parliament.  Citizens are saying it's the death of democracy when actually it's a democratic tool in the PM's toolbox that can be legally used.  Is it right what he did? IMO he is wrong to do so right now.

But what the citizens of England are not doing is calling for the removal of said tool from the PM's toolbox.  Now that's democracy.
it’s age old dirty pool, yes Trudeau did a play on words and managed to get a term, hurray for him, but imagine the support he would have gathered if did exactly what veterans “believed”he was going to do. I mean he might have sucked in a lot of people and got elected for now, but if he got rid off the 3 tier vet system, he would win the vote of all soldiers for decades , who would switch parties after keeping a promise like that, .? It would have appeased the pre 06 vets, the 06-April 1/19 vets and the 2019 and beyond vets. Would it be costly yes, but what isn’t these days, the PM seems to have millions for terrorists and the other countries of the world, but little for its own military.

Great post and glad you didn’t get sucked in by changing the topic on the post.  A typical political move when they have no option but to change the topic, deflect, and darn right lie.  

But I would not give Trudeau my vote to slimy, but I would applaud anyone that gets rid of the 3 tier system soon to be 4 tier system after election maybe?  Stick a fork in its done, back to original recipe the PA.

Back to top Go down

Post by Unknown Soldier Sun 01 Sep 2019, 13:36

Teentitan wrote:Well Unkown that's what is great about a democratic society even if the political leader of a country is a wolf in sheeps clothing he is entitled to be defended when what he says isn't what is understood by the citizens.

Look at England right now.  Johnson prorogue's parliament.  Citizens are saying it's the death of democracy when actually it's a democratic tool in the PM's toolbox that can be legally used.  Is it right what he did? IMO he is wrong to do so right now.

But what the citizens of England are not doing is calling for the removal of said tool from the PM's toolbox.  Now that's democracy.
it’s age old dirty pool, yes Trudeau did a play on words and managed to get a term, hurray for him, but imagine the support he would have gathered if did exactly what veterans “believed”he was going to do. I mean he might have sucked in a lot of people and got elected for now, but if he got rid off the 3 tier vet system, he would win the vote of all soldiers for decades , who would switch parties after keeping a promise like that, .? It would have appeased the pre 06 vets, the 06-April 1/19 vets and the 2019 and beyond vets. Would it be costly yes, but what isn’t these days, the PM seems to have millions for terrorists and the other countries of the world, but little for its own military.
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Sun 01 Sep 2019, 13:11

Well Unkown that's what is great about a democratic society even if the political leader of a country is a wolf in sheeps clothing he is entitled to be defended when what he says isn't what is understood by the citizens.

Look at England right now. Johnson prorogue's parliament. Citizens are saying it's the death of democracy when actually it's a democratic tool in the PM's toolbox that can be legally used. Is it right what he did? IMO he is wrong to do so right now.

But what the citizens of England are not doing is calling for the removal of said tool from the PM's toolbox. Now that's democracy.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Unknown Soldier Sun 01 Sep 2019, 12:55

Teentitan wrote:WOAH Unkown I'm not defending him.  Last thing I would do for any politician that openly lied to Veterans.  

I only pointed out that Veterans back in 2015 "heard" Trudeau say he is going to bring back the PA.

If anything during this election I hope Veterans have learned a lesson and will hound the hell out of a politician for details when they make a statement/promise to Canadians.

Veterans aren't the only ones to fall prey to Trudeau's vague promises.  The MMIW that went from coast to coast is only going to produce a report that the provinces can use as a "guideline" when dealing with Indigenous People.  The Federal government...Liberals....used it as a deceptive tool to make themselves look good and deeply cared about Indigenous People.

Politicians are like the snake in the Garden of Eden except they have a thousand bushel baskets of apples to bribe people for their vote.
l don’t know if someone says “ I don't like defending him but...”, that sounds to me like you’re defending him, lol. It’s weird but l find that people tend to stick by their political party no matter what they do, I’m not ashamed to admit it, for decades I supported the PC, but when Trudeau went around with that bogus promise I switched horses in mid stream and jumped on his band wagon, but not this time, even if he does promise to offer something extra to injured veterans who have wives and kids to support.
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum: