Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Well?

+10
Rustytheviking
Unknown Soldier
Teentitan
Iceman
LAD
propat
SCUD
johnny211
By the Bay
Supremedebater
14 posters

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Well? - Page 5 Empty Re: Well?

Post by Teentitan Sun 01 Sep 2019, 12:43

Steelgunner wrote:Say one thing mean another fucking thing.  A spade is a spade.

Correct yourself or edit.   Or better yet join the political parties.

Look it's your decision to believe what you want. I just pointed out a fact. Ignore it or think about it. It's your choice.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Sun 01 Sep 2019, 12:39

Steelgunner wrote:The PFL is in fact illegal and didn’t get approval from Vets.

I guess not everyone reads the links fully or likes to twist the words of the reporter to fit their agenda.

Beyond me why a Veteran nowadays wants to defend a particular party regarding the mess the Veterans File is presently in.  Both parties royally screwed any veteran after 2006.  

A part From one the links.

“ When asked why there was no opportunity for public input after the regulations were published to enact the Pensions For Life, the Veterans Affairs department told The Globe and Mail there is no requirement to publish regulations for consultation before they are approved.

“Cabinet may exempt regulatory proposals from pre-publication on a case-by-case basis, and the specific rationale for exempting pre-publication is protected under cabinet confidence,” the department said in an email.

The department also pointed out that O’Regan has been travelling the country to explain the Pensions For Life to veterans and their families, “to get their feedback, [and to] ensure their voices are heard and their questions answered.”

Seamus and Uncle Walt went around the country hold meetings about the PFL saying they where informing and getting feedback from Veterans.  In fact what they where doing was they where setting up the approval of the PFL without  a true approval from Veterans/public.  They just found a way to skirt the regulations/rules that we can’t even see.  Now that’s ironic, we the Military are told to fight for freedom and democracy but in reality the government we serve is not a democracy.

Ps at least a few soldiers get it.
Thanks Unknown!!!

Again NOT DEFENDING TRUDEAU. I pointed out a fact that Veterans have absolutely NO POWER TO APPROVE A BENEFIT FOR THEM FROM THE GOVERNMENT. Think about it for one second. If we did have a vote why didn't we stop the NVC back in 2005 like the unionized RCMP voted NO to the NVC and kept the PA as their benefits package?

Walt and Shameus did go across the country to get feedback, which in the end meant jack squat. But they did get what they wanted from the cross Canada tour...photo ops with Veterans. Usually veterans that do not fall under the NVC or PFL (Korean, WWII vets). Canadians still have a hard time looking at a 25 year old as a veteran from a war and VAC takes full advantage of that lack of knowledge for their benefit.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Sun 01 Sep 2019, 12:39

Steelgunner wrote:The PFL is in fact illegal and didn’t get approval from Vets.

I guess not everyone reads the links fully or likes to twist the words of the reporter to fit their agenda.

Beyond me why a Veteran nowadays wants to defend a particular party regarding the mess the Veterans File is presently in.  Both parties royally screwed any veteran after 2006.  

“ When asked why there was no opportunity for public input after the regulations were published to enact the Pensions For Life, the Veterans Affairs department told The Globe and Mail there is no requirement to publish regulations for consultation before they are approved.

“Cabinet may exempt regulatory proposals from pre-publication on a case-by-case basis, and the specific rationale for exempting pre-publication is protected under cabinet confidence,” the department said in an email.

The department also pointed out that O’Regan has been travelling the country to explain the Pensions For Life to veterans and their families, “to get their feedback, [and to] ensure their voices are heard and their questions answered.”

Seamus and Uncle Walt went around the country hold meetings about the PFL saying they where informing and getting feedback from Veterans.  In fact what they where doing was they where setting up the approval of the PFL without  a true approval from Veterans/public.  They just found a way to skirt the regulations/rules that we can’t even see.  Now that’s ironic, we the Military are told to fight for freedom and democracy but in reality the government we serve is not a democracy.

Thanks Unknown!!!

Again NOT DEFENDING TRUDEAU. I pointed out a fact that Veterans have absolutely NO POWER TO APPROVE A BENEFIT FOR THEM FROM THE GOVERNMENT. Think about it for one second. If we did have a vote why didn't we stop the NVC back in 2005 like the unionized RCMP voted NO to the NVC and kept the PA as their benefits package?

Walt and Shameus did go across the country to get feedback, which in the end meant jack squat. But they did get what they wanted from the cross Canada tour...photo ops with Veterans. Usually veterans that do not fall under the NVC or PFL (Korean, WWII vets). Canadians still have a hard time looking at a 25 year old as a veteran from a war and VAC takes full advantage of that lack of knowledge for their benefit.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 01 Sep 2019, 12:37

Say one thing mean another fucking thing. A spade is a spade.

Correct yourself or edit. Or better yet join the political parties.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Sun 01 Sep 2019, 12:30

WOAH Unkown I'm not defending him. Last thing I would do for any politician that openly lied to Veterans.

I only pointed out that Veterans back in 2015 "heard" Trudeau say he is going to bring back the PA.

If anything during this election I hope Veterans have learned a lesson and will hound the hell out of a politician for details when they make a statement/promise to Canadians.

Veterans aren't the only ones to fall prey to Trudeau's vague promises. The MMIW that went from coast to coast is only going to produce a report that the provinces can use as a "guideline" when dealing with Indigenous People. The Federal government...Liberals....used it as a deceptive tool to make themselves look good and deeply cared about Indigenous People.

Politicians are like the snake in the Garden of Eden except they have a thousand bushel baskets of apples to bribe people for their vote.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 01 Sep 2019, 12:22

The PFL is in fact illegal and didn’t get approval from Vets.

Thanks Unknown!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Unknown Soldier Sun 01 Sep 2019, 12:09

Teentitan wrote:I don't like defending him but JT did not say he would bring back the PA.  He worded the statement to "sound" like he was bringing back the PA because that is what he knew Vets wanted....we wanted the PA brought back.

He said he would bring back a monthly pension.  Over the course of the election and following it was Veterans who said Trudeau is bringing back the PA.

If his intention was to bring back the PA he would have tied not just the tickle trunk to his rising stature in the Veteran community he would have bragged about and rubbed it in the Cons face every frickn' time a veteran issue was brought up on the floor of the HoC.

Remember CSAT hounded the hell out of Andy Leslie during the election to get info and he said jack squat until after the election when he went from "Call me Andy" to "Call me MP Andrew Leslie".

you answered your own question , to say “ he never promised to bring back The PA , he just “ worded it “ to sound like he would”, lol, and veterans are supposed to defend/honor his deceptiveness, ..??, lol. It’s not the same as respecting an enemy in war . Why didn’t he just tell the truth, and say “ hey, you know that $350,000 you’re entitled to, how would you like it divided up into equal monthly payments until you’re 83.?,!”, doesn’t have the same ring to it does it.? I mean defendants will say “ cmon , all politicians lie, what did you expect how else would they get elected”, but that doesn’t wash with me , lying to men and woman who  this country sends into harms way at the drop of a hat. And then when they come back with one leg and ask the PM to compensate them equally,  Trudeau basically says “ I’ve given you enough already ”, I mean the guy went base to base in front of throngs of soldiers on video and said “ I’m going to bring back the pension for life”, to get elected on that promise and then drive a bayonet into the backs of troops is as low as you can get. People come back and say “ ya, well the PC s did this and that”, and they did, but we can’t help what happened in the past, the Liberals took power and had a chance to heal old wounds, instead they just peed in them, as far as I’m concerned. I’m not expecting many to agree with me.
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 608
Registration date : 2019-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Sun 01 Sep 2019, 12:01

bigrex wrote:Teen is correct. The Liberals only promised to reinstate the lifelong pension for Veterans. Veterans assumed that meant the PA pension. But I still feel that the PFL was intentionally kept on the low side, so that the Liberals could use further improvements to it, as campaign promises. So as the campaigns ramp up, I would not be surprised to see them promise an increase to the maximum amount, additional amounts for dependants, and maybe even forgiving some of those past lump sum payments, that were used to reduce the pensions for NVC Veterans.

Rex that promise he is going to make during the campaign is he will factor in spouses and dependents to the PFL with a small increase of the max PFL to around $1350-1400/month to compensate for the single vets.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sun 01 Sep 2019, 11:55

Teen is correct. The Liberals only promised to reinstate the lifelong pension for Veterans. Veterans assumed that meant the PA pension. But I still feel that the PFL was intentionally kept on the low side, so that the Liberals could use further improvements to it, as campaign promises. So as the campaigns ramp up, I would not be surprised to see them promise an increase to the maximum amount, additional amounts for dependants, and maybe even forgiving some of those past lump sum payments, that were used to reduce the pensions for NVC Veterans.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Sun 01 Sep 2019, 11:40

I don't like defending him but JT did not say he would bring back the PA.  He worded the statement to "sound" like he was bringing back the PA because that is what he knew Vets wanted....we wanted the PA brought back.

He said he would bring back a monthly pension.  Over the course of the election and following it was Veterans who said Trudeau is bringing back the PA.

If his intention was to bring back the PA he would have tied not just the tickle trunk to his rising stature in the Veteran community he would have bragged about and rubbed it in the Cons face every frickn' time a veteran issue was brought up on the floor of the HoC.

Remember CSAT hounded the hell out of Andy Leslie during the election to get info and he said jack squat until after the election when he went from "Call me Andy" to "Call me MP Andrew Leslie".

Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kramer Sun 01 Sep 2019, 11:29

Trudeau PROMISED to REINSTATE the PA. He did not reinstate it as he promised, instead he/they gave us a bastardized version of it. I don't expect any government to give us (Cdn's, vets etc) everything we ask, but please don't insult our intelligence. Fine....give us what we need.....give us what is fair....be a crappy leader....but show us at least a little respect and don't bloody LIE. Trudeau and his government have helped us.....as they should! Most times only after much protest and fighting. I can forgive a lot of things, but he really disrespected every Canadian by lying to us all.....time and again.....Those lies won't be forgiven by me.

Riddick
Riddick
Kramer
Kramer
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 670
Registration date : 2015-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Sun 01 Sep 2019, 11:25

[quote=  The PFL is in fact illegal and didn’t get approval from Vets.  [/quote]

Vets have zero approval or vote on any pension brought forward by a sitting government.  Only the RCMP, and Members of Parliament (they are grandfathered under the PA) can vote NO....and they both did back in 05'.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Unknown Soldier Sun 01 Sep 2019, 10:36

bigrex wrote:We did see the Tories end game though. What we had prior to 2016 was it. Their only campaign promise to Veterans, was to issue a Veterans ID card, which is happening anyways. So if they weren't even willing to promise improvements the NVC, in order to stay in power, why would they have felt the need further improve benefits over the last 4 years? Out of the goodness of their hearts? No, ELB would still be at 75%, and cease at 65. There would be no lifelong monthly pensions, for those injured after 06, even if they are not as good as the PA. But now that it exists, it can be improved and expanded upon.
There is really only two ways this can go, l mean Trudeau must know he’s angered the veteran community with his little shell game of benefits and telling amputees that they are asking for more than the government is willing to give, so if they were to actually reinstate a true PFL, I’d like to think all would be forgiven...but we all know soldiers love to bitch, so we’d all just find something new to complain about, lol. And the same goes for the Conservatives, if they were to come out and say they were going to keep the promise mr. T broke, I’m sure they would get plenty of votes, what theyed actually do for veterans once they got in power is a different story. Some like to go with the devil they know vs the devil they don’t, but I’m a risk taker, otherwise I wouldn’t have joined the army.
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Unknown Soldier Sun 01 Sep 2019, 10:26

Rustytheviking wrote:Unknown SoldierToday at 07:24
by Unknown Soldier
Rustytheviking wrote:
I tend to vote conservative, but I will admit that since the libs have been in office us veterans have been getting a better “pay check” if you will. It was bleak in 2015 making ends meet, now I have zero worries.
none of my business but we’re you injured before 06 or after?

I was injured after 06. Brain injury and ptsd due to Afghanistan. And I’m of the “snowflake” generation as some call us.
How any person willing to go to a war and die for their country can be called a “ snowflake” is beyond me, it’s definitely not a term I use, but not to rub salt in your wounds, but if you were to compare your injuries to a similar vet hurt before 06, you would probably see why you found it bleak making ends meet in 2015. At the end of the day we are all at the mercy of time. I know there are groups advocating to dissolve this 3 tier system of disabled vets, l just don’t know how to turn than into a reality. For instance if a soldier with a wife and 2 kids was injured in 09 and received a total of $150000 over the last decade, if he/she were compared to a veteran with the same injury same family situation from 05 who received $350000 up until now, l guess the gov. Would have to pay the 09 vet an additional $200000, and moving forward the 09 vet and 05 vet start getting the same monthly, payment, it would be a financial nightmare and yet, l think things like this have been rectified in the past.
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sun 01 Sep 2019, 09:58

We did see the Tories end game though. What we had prior to 2016 was it. Their only campaign promise to Veterans, was to issue a Veterans ID card, which is happening anyways. So if they weren't even willing to promise improvements the NVC, in order to stay in power, why would they have felt the need further improve benefits over the last 4 years? Out of the goodness of their hearts? No, ELB would still be at 75%, and cease at 65. There would be no lifelong monthly pensions, for those injured after 06, even if they are not as good as the PA. But now that it exists, it can be improved and expanded upon.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum: