Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Important Info for Zero Sum Clients

+3
snrnavcom
VetWife
Teentitan
7 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Important Info for Zero Sum Clients  - Page 5 Empty Re: Important Info for Zero Sum Clients

Post by Guest Tue 09 Oct 2012, 13:37

CLEAR thanks

Back to top Go down

Important Info for Zero Sum Clients  - Page 5 Empty Re: Important Info for Zero Sum Clients

Post by Teentitan Tue 09 Oct 2012, 13:36

Sending your info to Kristine Hunter was for McInnes Cooper to compile their own database of zero sum. The purpose was to make sure no one is missed by SISIP.

And YES EVERYONE HAS TO CALL THE 855 NUMBER. EVEN IF YOU HAVE BEEN IN CONTACT WITH YOUR CM AT SISIP. CALL THE 855 NUMBER TO IDENTIFY YOURSELF WITH SISIP.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by VetWife Tue 09 Oct 2012, 13:30

Just to clarify, do we still have to call 855- and give this info if we have already submitted to Peters Law office? It was my undertsanding that a couple weeks ago that we only had to send to Kristine Hunter, can somebody clarify this for me please?

VetWife
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2012-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Tue 09 Oct 2012, 13:29

Geatfoot to cover all bases and situations I encourage everyone to contact the 855 number.

It is the first step to get your wheel moving with SISIP.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Oct 2012, 13:26

Last edited by Greatfoot on Tue 12 Feb 2013, 21:12; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Oct 2012, 13:21

so teentitan I have and have for every year since (except 2003 due to marige break up) 1997 when I applied for coverage, was released 1998 given SISIP a medical report and I have recived a responce from them including 2012 that states I meet there diffinition of totaly disabled I have CPP(D) DVA ponision and they have all my information due to the fact that they called me back in Jun 2012 to confirm every thing and I also called them on Fri and talked to the same person to reconfirm so I will call again and be proactive. The only thing new I can give them is what I had for lunch hope it helps.

Last edited by F foundry on Tue 09 Oct 2012, 13:28; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Tue 09 Oct 2012, 13:07

Trucker I really can't give you an answer as I don't know but to be safe, and this the same message to everyone, call the 855 number.

Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Oct 2012, 13:03

Teen Titan,

Does "Dormant" fall under open or closed file?

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Tue 09 Oct 2012, 13:03

YES THE FIRST STEP EVERYONE HAS TO TAKE IS TO CALL 1-855-370-0025 AND GIVE THE PERSON THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION:

NAME
SERVICE NUMBER
HOME ADDRESS
CONTACT PHONE NUMBER
EMAIL ADDRESS

IF YOU DO NOT GET A PERSON BUT VOICEMAIL LEAVE THE ABOVE INFO ON THE VOICEMAIL.

AGAIN THE FIRST STEP IS TO CALL THE 855 NUMBER
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Oct 2012, 12:59

Thanks TeenTitan.

Just to be clear, the process starts with a call to SISIP/Manulife as noted above. We are monitoring this very closely.

We are also e-mailing this information to everyone we have in our database.

Back to top Go down

Important Info for Zero Sum Clients  - Page 5 Empty Important Info for Zero Sum Clients

Post by Teentitan Tue 09 Oct 2012, 12:51

Class Members:

We understand there has been confusion with respect to the commencement of the processing of “zero sum” claims on October 9th by Manulife Financial on behalf of SISIP. We have just received the following from the Department of Justice confirming what steps will be taken, beginning today, to process “zero sum” member benefits:

“Beginning today, October 9, 2012 Manulife Financial has started the processing for qualifying "zero sum" class members (those members of the Class who received nothing from SISIP LTD due to the deduction of their VAC disability payments).

We require that you provide your current contact information so that we can send you an information package requesting a status update on your medical condition and financial circumstances since your file was closed with Manulife Financial.”

What this means is that SISIP/Manulife is “open for business” for “zero sum” members whose file has been closed. As you can imagine, some class member files are more complete than others. Some members may not have been in contact with SISIP/Manulife for some time, and some may be in regular contact and have up to date information on file. What is being required from members above is what is required under the terms of the SISIP LTD policy. If you have an “open file” with SISIP/Manulife your case manager may be able to assist you.

Manulife may be contacted by using toll free 1-855-370-0025.

Please keep in mind this is just the initial manner in which we are attempting to get benefits into the hands of zero sum class members. As outlined in the memorandum concerning the negotiations, we are still in the process of finalizing proxies (such as a determination of total and permanent disability under CPP, for example) and an independent adjudication process as ways members can qualify for benefits outside of the normal process required under the SISIP LTD Policy. We will update you further as soon as we are able.

Peter

Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5