Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm Zero summed Out by vet disability in 1998, not on sisip list for Oct 22nd. Why? Please help

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

I'm Zero summed Out by vet disability in 1998, not on sisip list for Oct 22nd. Why? Please help Empty Re: I'm Zero summed Out by vet disability in 1998, not on sisip list for Oct 22nd. Why? Please help

Post by acerman1234 Tue 16 Oct 2012, 08:15

I was told by my CM, that my case would of been closed if I "HAD"
paid the overpayment to them(8 years ago). By not paying them.......they were required to sent a letter once a year to remind me of such outstanding balance. The Moral of this story,,,,,,,,its pays some times not to pay?"

acerman1234 What a Face
acerman1234
acerman1234
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2008-12-02

Back to top Go down

I'm Zero summed Out by vet disability in 1998, not on sisip list for Oct 22nd. Why? Please help Empty Re: I'm Zero summed Out by vet disability in 1998, not on sisip list for Oct 22nd. Why? Please help

Post by peep Tue 16 Oct 2012, 01:21

My point is the same. I can call to update my info, but can not ask the status of my file.
peep
peep
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 843
Registration date : 2012-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Oct 2012, 22:08

Thank you for everyones info and have asked Kristeen the same question. What I still dont understand is also that year I was told that if I can't send my sisip rep my qualification for the federal tax disability credit cause had a new doctor in a new province I moved to and he didnt know my full history and didnt have the time to research all my file he could not put his name on it, sisip rep told me that sorry but thats it and loss my insurance coverage until i qualify for the disability tax credit again.They never asked me or told me i could go for a medical repor i would be okt. So because I am deemed unisurable I stayed with sisp life insurence and started paying my life insurence monthly premons. I was never told my file was closed and I still can call,to this day give my service number under the sisip origanal plan Peter and Dennis won for us under that policy number and change my benifisuries. Just did so not to long ago. This is why I dont understand why I am not on there list for 22nd of october.

Back to top Go down

Post by peep Mon 15 Oct 2012, 22:08

Well that gives me hope then, and I hope they notice no closure letter.
peep
peep
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Mon 15 Oct 2012, 21:39

PMED if there is an estimate of $600 million I can only assume that the final amount will be released. Probably not down to the penny but every year there is an audit of expenditures and I think it can be found on the internet.

Actually Peep OFSI will check the most important parts of everyone's files...the numbers which add up to dollars. They are accountants and numbers is their passion.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by puddleduk2 Mon 15 Oct 2012, 21:09

without reading into your comments too much Peep, I can see your reasoning, not with OFSI, but with the closure of files by our insurance company.

our insurance company always has the last word on the file, whether it be continued coverage or to cease coverage.

It is great that McInnesCooper is representing us, keep up the awesome work
puddleduk2
puddleduk2
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2012-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by peep Mon 15 Oct 2012, 20:43

Had to read my comments 3 times but finally am beginning to see what you read. Was not my intentions, style or past history, and will be the first to admit I am in error.

What I ment was OFSI will do their job, but in a way, find it hard that they can micro manage down to the level that they read each and every file case and questioned each and every CM comment, while never hearing the other side (the Vets). It's clear no ilegal thing is done to the fund monies it self.

I stand corrected, sorry.
peep
peep
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Oct 2012, 20:31

will the MoF release results to media or is it an internal report?

Is what I ask!, MOF is the receiver of any audits down by IFOR right. Is the MoF ablged (sp) to share results?

That is NOT an accusation or any just thing....just asking dude...

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Mon 15 Oct 2012, 20:07

Well Peep you said SISIP will tell OFSI an imaginary number so they can keep the money.

I read your comment that OFSI will not do their job which would mean that our lawfirm would not do their job to make sure everyone in the class gets their money.

To even suggest that an insurance company would try to fudge the books even though OFSI (a independent government watchdog of banks and insurance companies) will fine them and downgrade their status as a secure financial institution in my opinion is not a logical way to think.

Ask yourself this...do you really think SISIP/Manulife insurance would risk the fines, downgrade of good status with trade partners, and reputation to try and screw a client? Even when a very large portion of that money owed to said client will come from the government not their coffers?

Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by peep Mon 15 Oct 2012, 19:45

Hum.. Not sure where I insulted OFSI, or the law firm. Am very pro the law firm. Sorry if my logical comments gave uncertainy.
peep
peep
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Mon 15 Oct 2012, 19:27

Why would OFSI jeopordize their reputation? Do you understand what OFSI is? It is an independent financial watchdog for the citizens of Canada.

Peep I know you and others are worked up about your situation but that acusation about OFSI is absolutely uncalled for!

You gave a backhanded insult to our lawfirm that they will roll over and let SISIP and OFSI commit FRAUD under their noses!

I think it's time everyone takes a step back and get off this forum for more then an hour. It's Monday watch some sitcoms, grab your spouse and go to a movie, rent a movie, read a book. Just step away for a night and calm down.

This forum is to exchange information not spread conspiracy theories and make wild acusations of fraud.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by peep Mon 15 Oct 2012, 18:57

They do not have to, SISIP simply makes what ever entry they want, and OFSI has no reason to question them. Dening us money is not embezzling it.
If they make a comment that they have not received anything since 2003 from Sloth, and close his file, 2004 passes with no appeal, then he is no longer zero summed. I know that for sure now. Sorry Sloth, but you will win on the second wave at least Wink
peep
peep
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Oct 2012, 18:49

will the MoF release results to media or is it an internal report?

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Mon 15 Oct 2012, 18:44

Just want to remind everyone that Manulife is not going to hide/delete/ignore/lose a clients file because OFSI is the third party monitoring SISIP

Who is OFSI?
http://www.osfi-bsif.gc.ca/app/DocRepository/1/RA/0506/eng/osfi-at-a-glance_e.html
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Oct 2012, 18:30

does that include on inaction, ommision and ignorance on SISIP's part, Ignore and they'll go away or they told us F/O, that means no thank you?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next