Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dennis my friend , can you " The Lead Plaintiff " take a stand for " The Class " Feb . 14 /15 & " VOICE OUR CONCERNS " ? Nothing to lose , Right ? Justice Barnes will give " You " the Floor

+2
bigrex
dennismanuge
6 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Dennis my friend , can you " The Lead Plaintiff "  take a stand for " The Class "  Feb . 14 /15 &  "  VOICE  OUR  CONCERNS "  ?  Nothing to lose , Right ?  Justice Barnes will  give " You "  the Floor Empty Re: Dennis my friend , can you " The Lead Plaintiff " take a stand for " The Class " Feb . 14 /15 & " VOICE OUR CONCERNS " ? Nothing to lose , Right ? Justice Barnes will give " You " the Floor

Post by Teentitan Tue 29 Jan 2013, 19:57

OK folks I believe all that can be said has been said. We are losing focus and starting to say things that are of no benefit.

So it's time to lock this down and move on.

On a personal note as the Forum Master I have read enough about taxes, legal fees, we are a special group and deserve special treatment. So please no more of this talk.

We joined the military and we should be used to being in the "non-favourable" category of Canadian society. So let's just agree we are still in that category and move on.

It's time to help not re-hash over and over and over laws we cannot change just because we are veterans.

Your VOTE in the next federal election will be more important personally then in the duty of voting for everyone.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Dennis my friend , can you " The Lead Plaintiff "  take a stand for " The Class "  Feb . 14 /15 &  "  VOICE  OUR  CONCERNS "  ?  Nothing to lose , Right ?  Justice Barnes will  give " You "  the Floor Empty Re: Dennis my friend , can you " The Lead Plaintiff " take a stand for " The Class " Feb . 14 /15 & " VOICE OUR CONCERNS " ? Nothing to lose , Right ? Justice Barnes will give " You " the Floor

Post by dennismanuge Tue 29 Jan 2013, 19:01

Guest, I have been advocating and assisting veterans from coast to coast since 2003/04, not just with sisip issue, but the NVC, helping them get shit together with VAC, bringing political folks of multiple parties to advocate for individual; issues, I have heard personally, between 500-and 1000 stories, by phone or email of what happened to my fellow vets, how they got ptsd, how they had to pick their best friends body parts up, bag them, and God knows what else, to the point I was carrying not only my own baggage but hundreds of other vets baggage too...I voluntarily took it on, I'd do it again, despite the mental and emotional toll it had on myself and my loving and caring wife. Why, because some people do, and some people don't,

You have no right to question me,my integrity as a person or my integrity as the lead plaintiff for the sisip class action...ask teen where I been and what I've done on behalf of my veteran brothers and sisters.

I have walked the streets of Halifax with Jim Lowther, president of Veteran Emergency transition services, looking for homeless veterans, getting them hooked up with VAC, and in fact, Rob D, who appeared in the documentary Broken Soldiers, was homeless, a year and half ago, now he is married, and living in a house. I have heard and shed so many tears that some days I just cry

So you can take your comments and re-think them.

I agree 100% with what Peter and Mcinnes Cooper have asked for. They deserve it they did the legal work and made history doing it on our behalf.

"The author, a prominent lawyer, singled your case out as setting a precedent that would help marginalized Canadians fight the government.
Also, we made history as being the first constitutional class action certified by the Supreme Court of Canada."

In quotes came from Dan Wallace today....

dennismanuge
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2012-12-04

http://leavenovetbehind.ca/home

Back to top Go down

Post by dennismanuge Tue 29 Jan 2013, 18:50

once an issue is before the courts, political bullshit has no pull, other then both sides trying to illuminate their side of the story

dennismanuge
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dennismanuge Tue 29 Jan 2013, 18:49

It would have taken 2-3 years to get to trial, then another 1-2 years to beheard on appeal in the Supreme Court of Canada. We would have lost all class members, I say again, from 2000 back to 1976 and we would have had a 50/50 chance at damages

dennismanuge
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Jan 2013, 18:09

the only reason the GOC did not appeal this is bscouse it would have ended up before the suppream court just prior to the next election.that aint 10 years.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Jan 2013, 17:56

This deal is the best we will ever get , a gift from god, because the GOC could have said no, lets fight it for another 10 years

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Jan 2013, 16:46

wills thats right it is as good as we can get in negotiations.and your point on the other vets is a great one.if it were just me well im have verry little needs so i dont need much so id push this thing to hell and back over tax peneties.not everyones biggest concern but something that really pees me off to no end.but this is not just me so i think with my head not my heart.will i do everything in my power to eliminate these penelties?sure but not at the cost of this deal.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Jan 2013, 16:24

Guest, nnis did his part, where were you when we starded this a few years ago? Battle is ver suck it up find a life!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Jan 2013, 16:21

Propat, thanks for your comments last night and yes we are definitely on the same page on this. I believe this deal is the best we could have gotten without rolling the dice again and trying to get full justice. Don't think it would have been worth the risk, especially for these vets that are facing undue hardship.

Back to top Go down

Dennis my friend , can you " The Lead Plaintiff "  take a stand for " The Class "  Feb . 14 /15 &  "  VOICE  OUR  CONCERNS "  ?  Nothing to lose , Right ?  Justice Barnes will  give " You "  the Floor Empty Even a Dumbo gets it!

Post by Guest Tue 29 Jan 2013, 15:22

Can I call myself dumbo?

Dennis is a Veteran like we all are!
Dennis was asked to speak up about our concerns and he rejected it and called us whiners!
Dennis I have heard will receive all his claw back plus $30000.00 -.300% more ---is that true?

Everyone other Veteran will get HUGE deductions- - 55-65% less>>>>this is true!
(See Facebook -Canadian Veterans Advocacy comments)
His lawyers! The lawyers(?) Will become multimillionaires!- $65000000.00----if its accepted by the Federal Courts!

Even me with less than a grade 9 education understands what is happening here.!
The Veterans get the Shaft, the Lawyers get rich, and they buy off the only one that could likely make a difference at the hearing.

Here dreaming that Dennis will reconsider his role here and stand up for and speak up for the Veterans he represents.

Back to top Go down

Post by dennismanuge Tue 29 Jan 2013, 14:43

why blame me or legal for the justice system, very reduced legal fees proposal, and the Canada Revenue agency??????????????????????????????????

lunacy

dennismanuge
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dennismanuge Tue 29 Jan 2013, 14:41

why continue to post things like we should have a vote on this or that...........

will you get un deducted SISIP LTD checks moving forward or are you a bigrex individual that is only getting retro and no go forward payments?

dennismanuge
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Jan 2013, 14:39

I know how it works but it don't make it right.

It is what it as and we cant change the outcome now.

Back to top Go down

Post by dennismanuge Tue 29 Jan 2013, 14:30

DCHD
Do some homework on what a class action is and how it works

class members don't get a vote on anything

I am not saying this in anger or anything, but you guys don't have a clue....do your homework and understand the process

Dave is my friend too, I give to my friends, straight and everyone else too

If Dave has hurt feelings about my response, he can deal with me direct like he has for a few years

dennismanuge
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next