Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

With all due respect - A point of view - This isn't Christmas or a Birthday party - But at times it sounds like children playing ..IE:4 more sleeps etc

+4
pteadams2002
froggie2u36
K9
Sapper Zodiak
8 posters

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

With all due respect - A point of view - This isn't Christmas or a Birthday party - But at times it sounds like children playing ..IE:4 more sleeps etc - Page 8 Empty Re: With all due respect - A point of view - This isn't Christmas or a Birthday party - But at times it sounds like children playing ..IE:4 more sleeps etc

Post by Guest Sat 05 Jan 2013, 17:47

I just had the opportunity to review the comments made in response to "Guest" previously JoeCdn. I have a few observations of JoeCdn's comments:
1. I thought we had moved past the judgemental attitude between veterans and civilians, at least that was my impression JoeCdn. I felt very positive after your engaging chat conversations and your professed support of our battles.
2. When I signed on the dotted line, part of my commitment to Canada was to serve the Canadian people in the pursuit and preservation of all forms of freedoms. Therefore, because I did my civic duty as a Canadian and because I paid a hefty price on my body, heart and soul all in the protection of your freedoms, it would only seem fair that we as vets are free to participate in conversation on a military based forum amoungst military people. You always have a choice not to read any and all posts.
3. I have come to realize that when people act out negatively against another person/persons in a deflamatory or condescending way because they don't agree with the content, it is usually more about that persons issues then the person/persons they are annoyed with.
4. I believe we have the right to bitch and complain all we want. If you were in our combat boots, based on your low tolerance levels, you would not have survived boot camp let alone a career in the Armed Forces that can take the best of a person and throw them away.
5. The phrase "he aint heavy he's my brother" is in our dna and we don't run and hide when the going gets tough.

Back to top Go down

With all due respect - A point of view - This isn't Christmas or a Birthday party - But at times it sounds like children playing ..IE:4 more sleeps etc - Page 8 Empty Re: With all due respect - A point of view - This isn't Christmas or a Birthday party - But at times it sounds like children playing ..IE:4 more sleeps etc

Post by Guest Sat 05 Jan 2013, 16:42

"Four more sleeps."

Anyone, soldier or otherwise, is well familiar with this kind of countdown, if they have spent time away from their families. And I am not talking about the two-week in, one-week out kind of jobs, or the weekend road trip away from their families. I'm talking about the six, eight, twelve month or longer duration forced separations from their families and friends. Soldiers are very familiar with this sort of countdown.

In actual fact, it is three-and-a-wakey, because today doesn't count because it's already started, and Wednesday doesn't because all we have to do is wake up, so it's the wakey.

Until you've been there, and eagerly anticipated the countdown, I don't know that you truly understand the concept.

Saturday (today, doesn't count because it's already started) - Sunday (one) - Monday (two) - Tuesday (three) - Wednesday (wakey).

THREE AND A WAKEY!.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 05 Jan 2013, 16:38

I tend to agree with the people who have been wronged. Money has been taken that was unwarranted from them. I couldn't care less if they said they were getting $10,000,000 each. They do have a right to speak. And I do not know anyone that if they knew money was coming there way wouldn't want to get excited in some way. And truly, this is a forum and Canadians have a right to freedom of expression and belief. So be it...if anyone does not want to read it...mouse over to another comment and tada...you can save yourself the heartache of having to type out negative comments. As well Canadians have a choice with regards to joining forums...and also have a choice to leave the forums.

Supreme out

Back to top Go down

Post by froggie2u36 Sat 05 Jan 2013, 15:48

Well excuse me JoeCdn for my childish behavior......at least i dont have to CHANGE MY NAME every 10 minutes!Oh and i dont have to come on here as a guest so no one will know who i am.Sometimes its nice to lighten the mood...if its chilldish OOPS and oh well.Oh and btw....if you dont like it dont read it!

froggie2u36
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2012-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post by K9 Sat 05 Jan 2013, 14:10

Sonetimes you've got to learn how to say what the fuck, what each of us will receive is up to us and if you don't like your proposal, you do what you want with it and if you like it, the same. And for all those Mother Theresa in the house, just give it to the SPCA, I'm pretty sure Denis and all of us animal lovers will be happy about it!

Patrick.
K9
K9
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 333
Registration date : 2012-09-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 05 Jan 2013, 13:33

Greed, it's never about greed, it's about fairness, why do I have to plead and beg for what is rightfully mine, that retro is my money, it was stolen, then denied, and now it's being returned to me, but you forget Joe, I have to pay someone( legal) to get it back for me, so if someone stole your car and you called the police and the police said to you , ya well get it back but it will cost you 30 percent of your cars value , is that fair, So please forgive us if we bitch because you as a civilian would never do this, fair, justice, you have no idea

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 05 Jan 2013, 13:26

Please JoeCdn, I have seen you retreated again, why delete, if you want to fool us, and that's not easy, get a completely different style of writing, did they not teach you that in university,

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 05 Jan 2013, 13:22

JoeCdn we know who the f---- you are, you have been coming on here for months under different alias , I have studed you and can tell as soon as you come on, Mr. UBC?........ You seem to have lost the point of all this it doesn't matter how much we are owed, it's the fact we are owed it, and it's our money! WTF do you know, dick all, try serving first then come talk to me, you don't know my situation, if I wasn't owed that then I would not get it. Should I get less than what I am owed, would you take less, f---- no, and for us sounding like children, who gives a crap , aren't we entitled to have any fun? You never deployed , were away from your family, believe me when serious counts , we've done it been there. Your the type of civilian I would love to slap, slap the higher than God and I want to help the poor veterans, stay out of my space you freak, stay at you're university and study human relations. LMFAO , I believe your one of those two faced fellows you so fondly preach about, why are you on here, every time you come on its just to trash everyone , if you don't like the company go somewhere else!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 05 Jan 2013, 12:49

my thanks go out to THE VAST MAJORITY OF ALL CANADIANS who have supported us in the past and those of you who will chose to support us in the future for if not for you guys we would be nowhere.

thanks again for your support

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 05 Jan 2013, 12:41

joe all this money you are talking about is OUR money we are just trying to get as much of OUR money back as we can.if any canadian reading these posts had 200,000 saved in the bank for retirement and then their financially healthy bank told them their account was deleated and they now had nothing then they would have some understandind of how we feel.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 05 Jan 2013, 12:34

i will hope to think that moast will see it just as it is.lots of regular canadians were owed money they never got and would understand how that feels.im sure not many had hundereds of thasands stolen from them but sum have and im sure they took leagal action as well.why should we not?why should we just have to take what we get and shut our mouths?joe you may think canadian citizen dont understand but i belive they are smater than you give them credit for.lmfao i dont think this is about self but what was stolen from us.in my oppinion you cant pleas everyone but if its a good deal moast will be pleased.

thank you for your oppinions

propat

Last edited by propat on Sat 05 Jan 2013, 12:42; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Zodiak Sat 05 Jan 2013, 12:22

Thanks for the sound check. When you have been screwed for so many years, lose your family, career, house, car, family heirlooms and pride, you lose sight of reality a bit. I see where you are coming from, and although I agree with you, you and most bystanders must realize this is no lottery win. Lives have been destroyed by this. When MY family left, I was told I was a worthless "gimp". Nice. I have been minimized and made to feel worthless. This is OUR RESTITUTION. Please understand this.
5th Generation Canadian Soldier.
CHIMO

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2012-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 05 Jan 2013, 12:15

.. lol!

Last edited by LMFAO on Sun 06 Jan 2013, 01:16; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

With all due respect - A point of view - This isn't Christmas or a Birthday party - But at times it sounds like children playing ..IE:4 more sleeps etc - Page 8 Empty With all due respect - A point of view - This isn't Christmas or a Birthday party - But at times it sounds like children playing ..IE:4 more sleeps etc

Post by Guest Sat 05 Jan 2013, 11:53

I am sure this isn't you intent but I think about 5 of you should share Facebook, emails or a phone call to discuss this money you will receive and deductions etc.
For the 100s of us Joe Canadians who are watching your every word all this money and what ifs may be perceived as greed and some will be very jealous. As you know, you are the ones for years that have been without but there is so many with so much less than what many of you will receive with in a month or so.

Navrat it is my opinion you are getting like 10-15 times,even after deductions of 40%, what the average ill veteran will receive from this law suit.

Think about human nature people we are so full of faults two are jealousy and greed. Be careful in you discussions or do it privately.

Just my thoughts!

PS: If you wish to discuss it maybe refrain from using numbers, $140000- 300000- 24000- 240000 over $350000 etc are huge numbers to me even if they take 60%

Last edited by JoeCdn on Sat 05 Jan 2013, 12:08; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : corrections)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8