Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

With all due respect - A point of view - This isn't Christmas or a Birthday party - But at times it sounds like children playing ..IE:4 more sleeps etc

+4
pteadams2002
froggie2u36
K9
Sapper Zodiak
8 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

With all due respect - A point of view - This isn't Christmas or a Birthday party - But at times it sounds like children playing ..IE:4 more sleeps etc - Page 5 Empty Re: With all due respect - A point of view - This isn't Christmas or a Birthday party - But at times it sounds like children playing ..IE:4 more sleeps etc

Post by Guest Sun 06 Jan 2013, 10:35

I haven't seen my accountent on this yet. Sence I do not have my TLD confurmed yet. If I only get the two years retro I will barally pay of dept. But it's cool to see you guys counting down the time and working on what to do.

Back to top Go down

With all due respect - A point of view - This isn't Christmas or a Birthday party - But at times it sounds like children playing ..IE:4 more sleeps etc - Page 5 Empty Re: With all due respect - A point of view - This isn't Christmas or a Birthday party - But at times it sounds like children playing ..IE:4 more sleeps etc

Post by Guest Sun 06 Jan 2013, 10:26

navrat good 4 you buds i hope all in the position to do so will.those not getting a lot may have different ideas but it still might be worth looking at.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 06 Jan 2013, 10:18

I have got an appointment with an accountant mid jan for taxes purposes, any way to save, Wills, is great in my books, I am deducting the power I use on my iPad for the CSAT forum!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 06 Jan 2013, 10:15

Propat, yes indeed. I have garnered several good ideas from this site. I am, however, expecting some negative feedback from my post as there are numerous people here and elsewhere that believe we all should be living at or near the poverty line. The key is finding the right fit for each of us and a professional can definitely help. Again I refer to the wealthy....they always seem to pay far less tax than they should and it's all based on learning how to invest and utilize the tax laws to their advantage.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 06 Jan 2013, 10:09

Anything important happening this week, oh ya, JoeCdn is registering with a new alias , and LMFAO is at home in halifax getting ready for court on the. 9 of Jan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 06 Jan 2013, 09:42

will thats just it isnt it you have to go see a pro as some of these things peep read on here they get leery about witch they should but still wright some of them down.when they get their settlement take these ideas to a independent financial advisor.the advisor may like some of them ore have better ones who knows but bottom line go see a pro.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 06 Jan 2013, 09:27

Propat, yes its a difficult task but is possible. it simply all depends on individual situation, investment knowledge, risk factor etc. I have already taken my necessary steps and convinced my wife to cash in her total RRSP's last year to purchase a 20 acre piece of land which I am very familiar with.. Once this was done we approached our bank, had them appraise the land in its raw state and also appraise it once land changed from rural to residential and a road constructed. Bank financed the whole deal and even loaned wife the 350,000 cost to construct road using her land as collateral. Road was completed 04 December but we will have no individual lot sales until next spring. Since land was in her personal name she gets to claim a Non-Capitol Loss on her income tax. Because we income split I now have approx. a 175,000 Non-Capitol Loss to report. Basically CCRA lets us go back 3 years or forwards 5 years to recoup this loss. I intend on claiming this loss at same time i claim my settlement (2012) thus I will not pay a penny in taxes on my settlement. My wife also gets back the taxes she paid when she cashed in RRSP's. As of 02 January 2013 the land was transferred to a Corporation of which wife owns the shares. Future sales of the 14 lots should bring in a very good profit, however, profit now based on Corporate Tax rate which is far less tham personal tax rate. She can keep the funds inside the corporation or pay herself dividends as she sees fit. I have already received a decision from CCRA on this venture and I am good to go. I realize most people don't have the luck of having inside knowledge of a valuable piece of land but i did and decided to see how it could benefit. I have visited lawyers, tax consultants, banks, politicians and a myriad of other people to assist.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Zodiak Sun 06 Jan 2013, 09:16

Guest...I agreed with your first post, in that we can be childish and perhaps get carried away. I did post to let you know that this is no lottery win and that attached to all these grand dreams of big cheques, are peoples broken dreams of family etc. I wanted to put a face to the "winners" and let you know that we have all lost more than can ever get repaid. Please don't stop posting. Just realize where we are coming from. The people on this forum, no matter from where they hail, have become my family. Peace.
Chimo

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2012-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 06 Jan 2013, 09:02

will i as well hope the class does the best thing they can with their retro including topping up their DSP.all we can do is keep talking about these things and hopefully some will listen.i have a financial advisor at present albiet my bank advisor as he their products suit my verry modest portfolio however my retro will go elswhere as i would like to hide as much as possible and through my own reaserch it looks to be a difficult task.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by froggie2u36 Sun 06 Jan 2013, 08:51

When i posted 4 more sleeps it wasnt to be childish ..it was to try to lighten the mood or at least make someone smile.As for the money issue...well in my hubbys case he was zero sum...so we never had any money since 1998.so for us anything is better than nothing.But thats my opinion others think differently and thats fine.We cant even guess how much we may have coming our way.I sometimes forget that theres the old charter and the new charter and not everyone is in the same boots.As for some posting numbers good for them if it makes them feel better.I will feel better when we get a cheques as it will make us financially better than we were before.Of course it wont give him back his health (they could keep all the money if they gave him back what hes lost..his HEALTH!) I realised after reading many of these posts that theres one thing i have to be and thats VERY thankful for what we have as Many dont.For me it opened my eyes that theres always worse than you.God bless each and every one of you !

froggie2u36
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2012-07-03

Back to top Go down

With all due respect - A point of view - This isn't Christmas or a Birthday party - But at times it sounds like children playing ..IE:4 more sleeps etc - Page 5 Empty Froggie I shouldn't have pointed that out. Sorry!

Post by Guest Sun 06 Jan 2013, 08:28

I left because Navrat comments completely disappoints. I came back only to say I am sorry.For the life of me,"my humble opinion", was only to provide how others may perceive your words. 2100 or more forum comments from less than 8 people that are were totally absorbed in how much you will get or not get. IT's Your Money We all realize that. YOU have every right to comment vent, bitch, moan and complain..EVERY RIGHT I know many of you have suffered a great deal. After the attacks on JoeCdn, I have learned a huge lesson. I would ask Teentitan, Propat,WoV,George,Lmfao and/or Supreme to reread/review my initial post and comment was it truly meant with malice? If is was I am sorry that wasn't at all my intent.

God Bless Canada and its Disabled Heros!

Gonzo!

PS: Almost all of us are anonymously posting here for a wide variety of reasons it gives us freedom to speak without many repercussions. I will close my account because this isn't about ME its about a wrong (sisip claw back) that was made right! Additionally I prefer to not have personal relationships online.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 06 Jan 2013, 01:18

Nothing, I ask nothing from them. But I will tell you this, your being ignored now because I'm not going to engage with your idiocy any longer. Your a child, and the bigger person walks away

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 06 Jan 2013, 00:40

LMFAO,

You come on here and expect everyone to birl at your spiteful comments...are you a mole from the GOC that is pissed off that your lunch money is being reduced? You use words you have no idea as to the meanings. Minion is also a highly regarded person. Seriously though whats your purpose coming here? You have nothing positive to say on here. Has mommy taken your Xbox out of your basement apartment at the house she pays for. Are you aware that you can actually gain friends by being affable?

Supreme

Last edited by Supremedebater on Sun 06 Jan 2013, 00:41; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I took out the word idiot)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 05 Jan 2013, 20:30

jocolor lol!

Last edited by LMFAO on Sun 06 Jan 2013, 01:19; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 05 Jan 2013, 20:23

Propat..Ah yes, I am familiar with that quote and it is very true. Yes i am educated but not just at the University level. I tend to delve into things until I know every aspect of a situation. That is why I was so obsessed with our guys and gals seeking proper advice from tax experts. I don't simply mean the local bank or even bigger players like Investors Group etc. as they all want to sell you their individual products. We all need to look at the long term and not just the short. Somebody now getting the extra 1000 or so dollars per month that they are entitled is great. The backpay though, can be used strategically to produce long term benefits with minimal tax consequences. There are so many avenues to take. There are Capital Gains vs Capitol Losses, Non-Capitol Gains vs Non- Capitol Losses, Dividends, Tax Shelters, etc. A settlement for some of us will be in excess of 150,000 dollars. Properly invested, that 150,000 could bring in 12,000 annually (based on 8% return) and you could have the financial institution send you 1000 per month and never touch the capitol. Again, this should not be conscrued as income by SISIP so they can't claw back. Anyway, poor CCRA know me now as soon as i call or drop in to see them with questions and specific scenarios. I have actually submitted strategies direct to CCRA in Ottawa and received judgements or decisions in advance so even if a specific auditor 5 years down the road audits me they cannot reverse the written decision already received. I just hope our fellow vets seek out the best advice that suit their specific situations.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next