Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Those class members who are not reinstated are getting hosed

+7
Sapper Zodiak
peep
puddleduk2
pteadams2002
1993firebird
MaggieinNB
bigrex
11 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Those class members who are not reinstated are getting hosed Empty Re: Those class members who are not reinstated are getting hosed

Post by dennismanuge Fri 18 Jan 2013, 06:12

For the record, I am 77% disabled between mental health and physical health, I was only 20% disabled when I retrained through sisip and returned to school for two years, post med release.

When this started I was one of the least ill/injured

The people that you mention also, deserving credit have been thanked and appreciated time and time again, some of whom have already received compensation for other issues.

Vvi and CSAT are both mentioned in Peter's affidavit, as is Ron Cundell...

dennismanuge
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2012-12-04

http://leavenovetbehind.ca/home

Back to top Go down

Those class members who are not reinstated are getting hosed Empty Re: Those class members who are not reinstated are getting hosed

Post by beleaf67 Wed 16 Jan 2013, 23:24

Do you mean the same Legion that supported the NVC? No thank you!! The Legion of today, compared to the Legion of the past, is one, that is dominated by individuals who have had very little, if any time in uniform. It's now a quasi civilian Rec club that caters to the profit margin. The decision of the Legion to support the NVC when it was initially introduced, was due in large part to the predominantly number of civilians holding leadership positions who had minimal comprehension and/or exposure to our unique challenges. When the mostly civilian leadership cadre were presented the parameters of the proposed NVC in 2005/06, they immediately viewed it in terms of their limited understanding of what a fair and inclusive compensation package should be! Due to the simple fact, that their exposure to danger and multiple stresses, were, for the most part, none life threatening, the mostly civilian leadership viewed our compensation package somewhat akin to that of an insurance policy that one would purchase! This view of course is completely false! Military personnel basically sign on the dotted line, stating: Do with me as you see fit! The successful completion of the mission is what matters and if a member needs to be sacrificed, then, so it goes!
The civilian leadership cadre in the Legion on the other hand studies the NVC, subconsciously compares it to his/her own insurance policy and suddenly proclaims, Eureka, what a wonderful package! Not knowing of course that there is, never was and never will be any correlation to the sacrifices, stresses and dangers encountered by the Vet! At the end of the day, we ended up with a globally recognized package that negated the compensation entitled, the respect deserved and justice ignored!
That in my humble opinion, and with all due respect, is what the civilian leadership cadre has contributed to our cause! No thank you to their supposed contributions regarding this Class Action and no thank you again to their endorsement of the NVC in 2006!

beleaf67

Number of posts: 9
Registration date: 2012-12-01

beleaf67
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2012-11-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Jan 2013, 20:59

Mental health, ya I get it every two weeks!! For the past 11 years. For 9 of them I was always made, angree, pissed of and I could barrally live whit myself. Ya I did blame the hole wolrd for my problems and I did get out two times after 24 hours, As for facts I am now working part time as a fire fighter, I do initial investigations and pass it to the police when nessesary. Car accidents I work whit police all the time, do they get all the facts? Not always thats were I TRY to help. Many a times people texts and kill, the facts are there but prooving it in court is a different mater. How many times have you testyfied and the prick was sent home clear as a puppy? Fact, I was and still hurt. Fact, I will never complitally recover. Fact, If you can work full time your one of the lucky ones that could start over. Please understand that many of us are still at war in our heads, every day is a battle just to have a smile on my face and endure the stupidities of the human race. As far as false impresion I totally agree but humans are humans and money is money. Hope this does not sound agresive, non intended.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 16 Jan 2013, 19:23

Ok, but you have to admit that as a 24 month client, of whose disability is probably minimal or you wouldn't have qualified for HRPD, that you cannot understand what those moderate to severely disabled Veterans, who are not getting reinstated have gone through, or are going through in this last little while.

And as far as the lack of proper mental health here in the HRM, I will agree with you. I used to work as Security at the HI, until my disability worsened to the point I could no longer stand or sit upright for more than a few minutes, and the "locked" ward would lose patients almost on a daily basis, except they wouldn't report until the patient has been gone for several hours.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Jan 2013, 19:05

The sad truth , Big Rex, everyday I come across mentally ill individuals who need help that does not exist, they are in and out 48 hours released, This is why I get extremely upset when I see these posts that have no basis in fact. These false ideas just stir people up and cause undue hardships. I have a scenario for you, go and take this deal to any Lawyer in the HRM ,ask him to review it for you, come back with the facts. If I am wrong I will publicly apologize

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 16 Jan 2013, 18:49

I haven't even said that he doesn't deserve a stipend, but if you look at it this way.

There are 100 veterans who had $10000 stolen from them, one of them is approached and told that he will be payed $50000 plus his $10000 to say yes to a deal that will allow those other 99 veterans to get their $10000 back, but nothing extra. All he has to do is say yes. Now to most people it would appear that this person has taken a buy out. Now if Dennis was a zero sum client and making $300000+ in retro, the $50000 would not be as significant, but he is not. It's all about perception. And Kyle, just because someone doesn't share your views, doesn't mean they need mental help, and I would hate to meet up with you in uniform because that might have explained why we had so many people admitted to Abby Lane for evaluation.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Jan 2013, 18:46

Mr. Dumont , As I am a new member to this thread maybe I don't have the rank as of yet but when I see untruths and scernio s being forwarded that seem to come from people who are suffering some sort of delusional disorder, I had to post my thoughts on this most bizarre thread. Who's getting hosed? It's absolutely ridiculous to post such theories which have no basis in fact. Nobody is getting hosed with this settlement, nobody is thinking of some plan to screw veterans. I will now not comment anymore but you all served so start acting like it, it's called respect and dignity, start acting like it, Sometimes the comments on this site make all veterans look pathetic .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Jan 2013, 18:33

Kyle, bigrex does not say Dennis took the deal for the money!!!! he does not agree whit it,that's all

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Jan 2013, 18:32

In some manner kyle and bigrex both your observations are valid. I think Dennis deserves the 50000G as compensation, could be more could be less gut a number had to be given. Personnally I think Dennis is getting some of what he deserves. It is easy to say he should get more sence the lawyers are paying (i think) I will send Dennis my once of appriciation. If you think he should get more take it from your pocket, that way it will come from your beliefs, if not keep your money it's yours. Ether way you can give the judge your impressions on the mater. He has the last word for the group. You have your own last word.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Jan 2013, 18:31

Well I stand corrected, it was 5 years ago not 9 years as I stated, nevertheless , I believe you stand alone in your very narrow view of events, Nobody believes that Dennis accepting a fair payment would cloud his view and move him to accept a deal that wasnt in the best interests of veterans. Dennis's motives have, in my opinion, never been about financial gain. The settlement is done so any extra compensation given to Mr.Manuge would and if be beyond his control. The judge will finalize this agreement with or without Mr.Manuge approval, it's out of his hands at this point . So at this point extra compensation would not give the appearance of a personal motive or any motive at all. This is the problem when they release mentally ill service members without the proper care or follow up, you get conspiracy theories, paranoia and people like , Big Rex, making false accusations. Please Pm me as I serve in the same city that you reside, I might have connections and leads with the Nova Scotia Hospital that maybe able to help with your perception of events.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 16 Jan 2013, 18:12

Well seeing as you are new to the forums, and even if you have been reading the forums for the last few months, you cannot assume you know my thoughts. hell someday I do not even know my thoughts, but over the last several years I feel that I have offered more than my fair share of assistance to other Veterans. But when you start telling me to know my facts, I suggest you use accurate ones yourself. This lawsuit was only started in 2007, that is 5 years, not 9 years. During this time Dennis has been busy being the face of the class, but he has not been alone in the fight. There have been other Veteran advocates that have been present at the news conferences, in the media, and even in front of HoC and Senate committees, but yet they are not getting any extras. Veterans like Perry Gray, Sean Bruyea, Gerry Blais, Don Leonardo, even Pat Strogan, to name a few, have each spoken out publicly about the SISIP clawback. Plus, on it's face, since the stipend is so large compared to the amounts that were clawed back, deserved or not, it gives the appearance that Dennis could have personal motives for approving this settlement since it will allow him to fair far better than any other 24 month class members.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Jan 2013, 17:43

Well from your posts it tells an entirely different story, needless to say, I was upset with your views on an extra payment for Mr.Manuge. You stated that it diminished his credibility , the question I will ask is how ? This gentleman took 9 years of his life and put it on hold and both him and his family endured insults and questions of integrity . Do you think that 50000 dollars is fair compensation? I think I am in the majority and believe a payment much higher, in the 200000 range, would be a fairer amount. Understand, Big Rex , that when you post on an open forum, your not talking in a coffee shop! Alot of people read these and it's always better to think , get the facts straight, then make a comment. Hopefully you will recognize what this lawsuit has achieved and adjust your thoughts accordingly.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 16 Jan 2013, 17:12

OK Kyle, I am glad that you are well enough to have been able to find gainful employment, but unfortunately, there are class members who are no longer able to work, but still not deemed totally disabled by VAC or able to be reinstated by SISIP. Those are the members that am being so vocal for. I am not in need of this money, as it will be used to buy furniture for the new house I just bought, so a few thousand extra I would get with lesser legal fees will not make that much of difference. I am doing fine financially based on my monthly benefits, but there are veterans that were likely looking forward to this settlement to live off of or to get them out of a financial crisis, so for every additional dollar that goes into someone else's pocket is just one more injustice perpetrated upon them.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Jan 2013, 16:50

I am a 24 month client who retrained and I am now a member of the Halifax police Dept. Sometimes in life you have to give a little for the greater good, I have been following the case, and I believe the lawyers and government came up with about as good as a deal could get under the circumstances. In my new career as a police officer I daily come across all sorts but it's the people who choose to give and make reasonable comprises that succeed. So any advice I can give to you Big Rex would be to let it go, stop worrying about something that is ,when seen in the big picture, a fair and honest deal with no hidden clauses or secret agendas. In reality it's just a good, fair deal, with a little give and take on both sides.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 16 Jan 2013, 16:36

Kyle, I have to ask you, are you a 24 month client, or are you a zero sum client that is applying to be reinstated?
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next