Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Those class members who are not reinstated are getting hosed

+7
Sapper Zodiak
peep
puddleduk2
pteadams2002
1993firebird
MaggieinNB
bigrex
11 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Those class members who are not reinstated are getting hosed - Page 5 Empty Re: Those class members who are not reinstated are getting hosed

Post by Guest Sat 12 Jan 2013, 17:41

We can dissect the deal till the cows come home! Lets just accept it and move on,it's not the worse deal like some people believe, it's a good deal, the best we will get, 93 percent of the class , the majority

Back to top Go down

Those class members who are not reinstated are getting hosed - Page 5 Empty Re: Those class members who are not reinstated are getting hosed

Post by Guest Sat 12 Jan 2013, 15:48

Who's bitching? I think it's a fair deal, however concerned about people like firebird; among others.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 12 Jan 2013, 15:44

Stop the Bitching guys

opt out and you save [17.5%] of your own money

the firm cant take that from you if your not in the class Right?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 12 Jan 2013, 14:13

Hey Firebird; that does not seam fair at all. When I was released I was on SISIP however not collecting benefits full time. I would always call SISIP to let them know my situation. After the intial two years I was approved for ongoing benefits past the 24 months and too this day collect benefits. I would call Peter and/or SISIP as outlined in their guidelines, you would meet their criteria. Good Luck brother.

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Sat 12 Jan 2013, 12:27

fair deal not far deal.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Sat 12 Jan 2013, 12:27

first two years I mean.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Sat 12 Jan 2013, 12:24

I was not re-habilitated as I am not able to concentrate , have memory loss and slow thought process. I said no to re-habilitation for those reasons and others. I did not submit a medical at 18 months and 24 months because my VAC Pension is more than what SISIP would have gave me for 75% of my final salary. So I did not get anything from SISIP for the first two months as well as nothing after that. A far deal would be for all those who are only getting 24 months retro pay 7.5% legal fees and those getting going forward payments to age 65 pay another 7.5% legal fees. Instead of people who are only getting the first 24 months retro paying 7.5% legal fees for money to age 65 that they will not get. I am happy for any money that I should have received but was done an injustice by the government , as I do not need it to survive and will be giving most of it to family. For me this is a good verses evil situation as I have always fought for what is right.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sat 12 Jan 2013, 12:18

It's simple oldvet, in order to get reinstated, SISIP has to deem you incapable of being able to do any job. If you have lost 2 legs and an arm, but can type with one hand, they could say that you could work in an office with light typing, with the proper adaptations. When I was on SISIP, I had been diagnosed with severe OA of both knees (after 3 surgeries and waiting for 2 more to replace them both), degenerative lumbar disk disease with stenosis, cervical spondlyosis with peripheral neuropathy, and major depressive and anxiety disorder, but they said that I should be able to hold an office job, which I did, but only for 3 years before no longer physically able to continue. Unfortunately, SISIP does not allow you to get back on once you are removed, regardless of your situation.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 12 Jan 2013, 11:28

Firebird, I don't understand how can one be deemed not TPI after 24months? Is it just that you were re-habilitated?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 12 Jan 2013, 11:22

Why would a member not be re-instated? After 24 months and approved for continued LTD benefits? I was released and tried to get back to work, after several attempts and different jobs lasting a month or two MAX, SISIP was always there to assist me.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sat 12 Jan 2013, 10:03

Puddleduk, my frustration isn't aimed at those who have been reinstated, or getting future payments, it is aimed at the legal team because it seems they are forcing a far less fair deal on the majority of the class, to please those lucky few that get reinstated. when taking into consideration the total amount of money that they will receive between their retro and payments until 65, the percentage is considerably lower. And then getting pissed when the lawyers try to claim that 93% of the class are getting future payments without providing any real evidence to back it up. Hell, even those who have been identified as zero sum clients are guaranteed to get reinstated, like Firebird.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 12 Jan 2013, 09:54

Everyone got the same legal services, the firm could always split the cost equally across board, then the ones with less will be getting dinged, nothing's perfect but this is the most fairest for the 93 percent

Back to top Go down

Post by puddleduk2 Sat 12 Jan 2013, 08:49

I will be lucky to reach 65 and yet am paying the percentage fee as if I am.
puddleduk2
puddleduk2
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 341
Registration date : 2012-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Sat 12 Jan 2013, 08:30

I am zero summed and 24 months only retro and I am being charged legal fees for monthly payments to age 65 that I will not get because I am not TPI.

FAIR THIS

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by puddleduk2 Sat 12 Jan 2013, 07:43

quote from yesterday

"Re: Taxes and Lawyers fees will these be taken off the sub total or after all interest are added
by puddleduk2 Yesterday at 10:53

.legal fee's are 17.83% (taken from LNVB website) of the lump sum amount payable to each member involved including the scholarship fund, without taking anything more from potential future LTD payments.

the fee amount that is being asked for is based on what you are owed past and the potential you might be owed in the future to age 65.

I am okay with the fee itself, not with the explanation given to support it as there is no guarantee I will make it to age 65."

_______

followed by a "don't count your chickens" story

it was stated in the past that the going forward amounts that were reinstated for any member of the class would not be touched, this was a misnomer as the end of the sentence should have read that the firm would be seeking it now, in the settlement terms.

The % asked for is not 30% which could have been asked for, i could have done without the explanation, but the law firm must be clear to the court in justifying its fee schedule amount.

The zero sums are going to be paying a higher amount, not percentage wise, just amount.

I will be paying in excess of $30K in fees to the firm, so for every five members paying under $4-5K there is a zero sum paying five to eight times the amount in fees.

My end contribution (straight 17.87%) with or without an explaination given as to the fee's and disbursements requested would be that I had the same representation but paid 5-10 times the amount to represent 5-10 other members.

Does this give me anymore of a voice than someone less injured or getting less of a settlement, my answer is no it doesnt,

did it get us more representation, yes it did,

am i any less injured with the beginning of my ltd or coming settlement, no

in my scratch figures, I calculated the zero sums paying half the settlement and the remainder of the class paying the other half of the sum

I also didnt say it was fair, my injuries, loss of my family, house and sanity isnt fair, what the goc accomplished by letting this go on as long as it did wasnt fair, what the law firm accomplished without going all the way to a trial is fair in my books. Please aim your frustration at another entity beyond another part of the class.

Last edited by puddleduk2 on Sat 12 Jan 2013, 08:47; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : addition of last two lines of text, changing $10K amount to "paying under $4-5K", and third edit was to wasnt fair)
puddleduk2
puddleduk2
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 341
Registration date : 2012-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next