Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Those class members who are not reinstated are getting hosed

+7
Sapper Zodiak
peep
puddleduk2
pteadams2002
1993firebird
MaggieinNB
bigrex
11 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Those class members who are not reinstated are getting hosed - Page 6 Empty Re: Those class members who are not reinstated are getting hosed

Post by Guest Sat 12 Jan 2013, 07:02

big rex well i can see them spinning the crap out of things and you are right a breakdown would help.

propat

Back to top Go down

Those class members who are not reinstated are getting hosed - Page 6 Empty Re: Those class members who are not reinstated are getting hosed

Post by Guest Sat 12 Jan 2013, 00:34

Don’t what to sound rude but all you so called first listed guys and girls need to leave and let the rest of the 95% of us class personnel get on figuring out some sense to all this crap
Got hold of sisip today yes I said it, a women called me back after 7 tries
She said that the list was made up and sent to them by the firm and they had nothing to do with it, I need to contact the front desk 1-800-565-0701 to reapply for LTD and get this she said that by what the group at coffee were saying is that we need to get out of the glass to save our self’s a shit load of money in lawyer fee's

Don’t know what to do

Anything from you other" not receiving a dime people"
Could use help
Please do not reply if you’re as first listed

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Fri 11 Jan 2013, 22:47

Here is one example of someone who will not make out so well.

A married vet pensioned at 5% who release in 2011

2011 - 156 x 12 = $1872 x 3% = $56.16
2012 - 159 x 12 =$1908 + 1872 = $3780 5% = $189
Tax top up = 3780 x 3.27% = $123.60
Total refund = 3780 + 368 (int. and top up) = 4148
4148 x 17.7% = $734.
So in this case, the legal fees are double what was earned in interest

A 50% Veteran released in 2009 with a wife and 2 kids. His VAC pension was say $21600.
2009 - $21600 x 3% = $648
2010 - $22304 + 21600 x 3% = $1317
2011 - $43900 x 3% = $1317
2012 - 43900 x 5% = $2195
Top up = $1435
total = $50816 x 17.7% = $8994
So this guys legal fees are almost $2700 more than earned in interest.

So there are class members that will be paying legal fees out of the money that should have been theirs, and not just from the interest earned.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Fri 11 Jan 2013, 22:07

That is what i don't understand. Where are they getting the 93% from? I highly doubt 93% of the 7500 have been reinstated. If they didn't deem me totally disabled with my laundry list of conditions, then they obviously have very strict criteria for allowing someone to remain on the books.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 Jan 2013, 22:00

Nothing is going to change this deal, no deal is perfect but Peter explained to me that this s the fairest way to go for the majority of the class, the 93 percent

Back to top Go down

Post by pteadams2002 Fri 11 Jan 2013, 21:52

If this benefits the Vet... Yes. If not... NO!
pteadams2002
pteadams2002
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2012-08-04

http://pteadams2002@hotmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Fri 11 Jan 2013, 20:26

The government said that propat, they wanted a good spin on things, but the truth of the matter is, of the 7500 identified class members, the majority were only eligible for two years, so therefor, when compared to the total amount of money that will be collected from SISIP, the 24 month guys will be paying a considerably higher percentage. I think that we need a breakdown from the lawyers of how many of the class members belong to the different groups, and only then will it become apparent that the majority have been screwed.

A) 24 months only,
B) on extended reduced SISIP,
C) Zero sum clients that are reinstated, and
D) Zero sum clients that are not reinstated.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 Jan 2013, 18:35

big rex im not saying your wrong its just that after the decision was made to stop the clawback they said that the vast majority of the class were having their clawbacks stoped.hence the way i understand that is that since they couldnt stop the 2 year guys clawback and at the time wouldnt stop the zero sum guys clawback.both of these groops would be in the minority.tell me what im missing.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 Jan 2013, 18:15

Lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 Jan 2013, 17:49

well no to the uniform thing but in rememberance to my service years ill bend over.will that work for you nav.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Fri 11 Jan 2013, 17:48

This is not the fairest deal for the majority of the class, it is the best deal for those that have been reinstated and getting future monies that will be free from any reduction . I will say again that the majority of the class, those of us entitled to a limited refund covering only two years, are getting screwed so that the minority can get hassle free future payments.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 Jan 2013, 17:37

I think , as a show of resect, on the 14 of feb(deal day) , we should all watch the court proceedings on CSAT while wearing our CFs , polished boots and say to ourselves , Thank God we pay our Legal Fees in One Shot, Best Most Fair Deal for the Majority of the Veterans!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 Jan 2013, 15:44

I could not have said it any better, it's a pleasure to have served with you,Robbie, on this Sisip Quest, enjoy!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 Jan 2013, 15:37

Yes my man Nav it has been a long road to hoe, I at first was thrown into a spin with all this tax stuff but once you get the hang of it, it only becomes somewhat scary. But I think i will have a beer tonight and celebrate our victory I will by the way accept this deal I just hope that Justice Barnes can express his dissatisfaction towards our Government in the way they will continue to treat us war heroes and soldiers of great value to this wonderful country, now drop the damn puck you greedy bastards.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 Jan 2013, 15:16

Ya, Robbie , it's over, thank God, good deal, my man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next