Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legal Fees (Assorted Topics)

+27
oldsailor
Dove96
Wife of a Veteran
tiger660
1993firebird
sabrelove
ceedee
beleaf67
puddleduk2
DeeCee
Newfie
Rags
MaggieinNB
Nemo
meathead
pteadams2002
dennismanuge
froggie2u36
OldZipperhead
bigrex
sailor964
Sapper Zodiak
peep
acerman1234
K9
Teentitan
snrnavcom
31 posters

Page 13 of 67 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 40 ... 67  Next

Go down

Legal Fees (Assorted Topics) - Page 13 Empty Re: Legal Fees (Assorted Topics)

Post by Guest Tue 29 Oct 2013, 10:12

I was once told by a man of great knowledge, "Good luck taking the GOC to court over legal fees, if it was not for the GOC you would still be licking your nuts trying to get anything from them regarding any thing SISIP".
I think he meant don't bark up a storm and think you can forecast showers unless it rains then you can say its raining

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Oct 2013, 09:38

RDS, do you mean Mike Duffy ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Oct 2013, 09:08

Funny how Patrick Duffy can have some of his legal fees paid while serving as a Caucus member, but Veterans are on their own when it comes to legal fees....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 24 Oct 2013, 18:06

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifleman Thu 24 Oct 2013, 16:46

I totally agree with propat Sapper you and your family waited far to long for the money that was taken from you look for and get every scent they owe you this is not greed it is what is wright and if I find any errors in my calcalation sheet I for one will be looking for that penny and expect interest on it

Rifleman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 24 Oct 2013, 16:07

sapper you deserve every frackin dime! you have a larger retro than most because you got fracked the most and will again come tax time. you take every dime they owe you.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Zodiak Thu 24 Oct 2013, 16:01

Yes my numbers seem fudged too... I know I received a lot, but if there is any missing for waiting from Sept. 07/89 I would like it.
Sap

Last edited by Sapper Zodiak on Thu 24 Oct 2013, 23:54; edited 1 time in total

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2012-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 24 Oct 2013, 08:15

bigrex that is very correct I had my rough amounts of retro figured out and when I got my worksheet they were roughly in line with what I had. looked at the interest but BY DATE anyway it looked like the POST interest was paid yet (witch made me happy) so I didn't do my interest calcs. looking back I probably should have done them. 1 lousy separate line could have been added for POST interest and that would have made things a whole lot easier.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 24 Oct 2013, 08:02

ok did my calcs and everything checks out so at least in my case SISIP DID NOT calculate till may first but did calculate the post judgment till they released the check to MC. it also seems ALL MEMBERS will get post judgment interest and many already have it. it also seems that they did charge legal fees on the post interest portion that is calculated on retro amounts prior to may 31st NOW THIS KINDA SUCKS but according to the agreement it seems only interest on retro post may 31st are exempt from legal fees.

IMPORTANT;

DO YOUR CALCS CARFULLY AS ALL MEMBERS ARE SUPPOSE TO GET POST JUDGEMENT INTEREST IF YOU DO NOT HAVE IT APPEAL IMMEDIATELY THE WINDOW IS CLOSEING.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Thu 24 Oct 2013, 00:33

Well, I submitted a request with the Bruneau group and said that the post judgement interest doesn't appear to have been paid, so they will look at it. The worse thing that can happen is they say that I am wrong. All I know is that Peter said that to calculate a rough estimate of what your simple interest would be was to add up the interest rates for the years since your release, and then add the total to the amount that had been deducted. When I did that the estimate was only off by $300, so an extra 7.25% would be quite noticeable. Also, post judgement interest is supposed to be based on the entire court award, so the 5% interest should have been calculated on the clawback amount, the interest AND the tax top up, not just the base amount being returned.

All the confusion could have been avoided if the worksheets had broken down the interest into prejudgement and Post judgement, instead of lumping them together as they claim. I think that they may have assumed that most people would not realize if the interest applied was off, because we're not accountants. But I think my case is the perfect example to examine if the interest is properly being applied, because it really doesn't involve partial months or even years, as the dates go from Jan 04 2006 to Jan 04 2008, and I wasn't zero summed, so there are no other deductions that would reduce my retro amount. also, since it was only 24 months, my retro didn't involve yearly increases to the base amount, which would further complicate things.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4064
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Oct 2013, 19:02

Bigrex, yep its frustrating. MC is telling me the extra interest up to and including the date MC received my funds is included but it cannot be. The numbers just don't show it. I figure I am out by approx 8,000.00

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Oct 2013, 18:51

so it seems they are saying we already have it witch I guess is good but im left now wondering about paying leagal fees on the post judgment interest. im goanna fully calculate mine tomorrow to see what they did.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Oct 2013, 18:19

Here is email I recd from MC below. They are saying that the interest DOES include all interest up to and including when MC recd my funds??? which would be 15 Oct 2013

Thank you for your email.

The amount of interest on each line is calculated from the beginning date to the date the amount was received by McInnes Cooper in trust.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Oct 2013, 16:36

Sorry Teen, I am getting all fracked up with this tax deductions , insurance premiums etc. it's driving me FRACKING crazy! Now I am worried about that Deloitte audit, knowing that sisip is making mistakes in calculations, and mine was over 300000 I am scared shitless about any overpayment, I've tried to figure it out the interest and calculation sheet and you need a university degree just to start

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Oct 2013, 15:52

sounds exactly like what I am seeing on mine bigrex now when I first seen it I wasn't worried since I didn't think the post interest was deductible for legal fees we would get it later directly from sisip so never gave it a second thought. with the talk going around now im starting to get worried.

why did sisip use as an excuse for one payout a month that they wanted to get the interest right if it wouldn't be an issue after may???

what am I reading wrong in this agreement??

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 67 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 40 ... 67  Next