Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legal Fees (Assorted Topics)

+27
oldsailor
Dove96
Wife of a Veteran
tiger660
1993firebird
sabrelove
ceedee
beleaf67
puddleduk2
DeeCee
Newfie
Rags
MaggieinNB
Nemo
meathead
pteadams2002
dennismanuge
froggie2u36
OldZipperhead
bigrex
sailor964
Sapper Zodiak
peep
acerman1234
K9
Teentitan
snrnavcom
31 posters

Page 31 of 67 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 49 ... 67  Next

Go down

Legal Fees (Assorted Topics) - Page 31 Empty Re: Legal Fees (Assorted Topics)

Post by Guest Fri 01 Mar 2013, 12:50

TeenTitan ,

Thank - you Ron for the explanation , Very Detailed as Always , my concern is that for the Veterans left hanging , still unsure of their future with sisip ltd or the retro payment .

Hopefully , Peter will give direction once the Decision comes down & these Veteran's left hanging , are taken care of in the Best Possible Way ,
& Re-Instated .

For Country
Retired Army Master Sniper
dave Fitzpatrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Fri 01 Mar 2013, 12:22

Fitz don't you mean fallout of the "legal fees"? LOL We all know the decision is yes so the elephant in the room is about 65 million tons. So either the Judge does liposuction on the elephant to remove, hopefully, 35 million tons! Or he says "okey dokey".

I wouldn't say they let us down they just changed venues of comms. CSAT for them ran it's course so now they want the info to be released on their website, Leave No Vet Behind.

One thing everyone needs to remember the CSAT was/is the only open discussion forum about the SISIP issue. Also VeteranVoice was identified as a conduit of comms to the class after basically every court date leading up to May 2012.

The CSAT to the MC was either a minefield or gift-horse. There is no denial that CSAT propelled the negotiations, raised issues (taxes, interest, legal fees etc) that needed to be passed to other members of the class.

Well negotiations are over, all that's left is the legal fees so I did expect MC to stop posting on CSAT. There is nothing they can say or do right now so as we know lawyers...nothing to report? Keep mouth shut. They did not cancel their account so maybe, just maybe when the Judge is done and the payments start someone at MC comes back to CSAT and gives direction, info, advice when payments start to be sent out.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3413
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 Mar 2013, 11:40

Oldvet ,

They have clearly let us down , ever since the Hearing in Halifax , they figured out the GOC -- DOJ had them under the microscope & shit was about to hit the fan pointed in their direction , so they obviously skipped town before the Fallout Of The Decision .

For Country
Dave Fitzpatrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 Mar 2013, 11:28

Hey Dave, just checked. No updates. Perhaps if we volunteer to open a seperate account, where we could send volunteer payments to MC and PD for actual updates, they would respond. What a load of crap.......

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 Mar 2013, 11:06

Has anyone checked the Court Dockets today ????????????

For Country
Dave Fitzpatrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 Mar 2013, 10:43

Hey Sapper; the day is still young. I was kinda thinking the same as you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Zodiak Fri 01 Mar 2013, 10:21

Shit I did it again...got my hopes up for March 1st ruling on Legal Fees. I really thought that this was the day to finally get some info.

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2012-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 Mar 2013, 09:20

dchd outside the tax penelty issue its a pritty good deal.even with the tax issue i think it may be the best deal you can negotiate with the GOC.should the tax issue have been pushed farther?yes maybe we could have got something better but im not sure either way it should have been pushed maybe trade the education fund for a better tax deal.but just guessing.the leagal fee issue has never been much of an issue for me as the judge decides the fees and i dont think he wants his swan song to be turning the canadian class action system into an american type free for all.i think we will all be pritty happy withe the leagal fees in the end as im sure the will reflect the normal rate of similar classes nothing crazzy like they are asking for.

just my oppinion

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 Mar 2013, 09:19

You know I believe that for most brother it's a matter of putting behind this lawsuit who took an eternity to get to it's conclusion. No matter how outrageous the fee was, it's the matter of putting an end to our misery and all that stress and frustration, it's the case from my part. When you have a wounded animal, you don't want him to suffer so you put an end to his life as fast as you can. What's pissing me off is both sides GOC and the lawfirm brought more suffering and distress in their way to long procedures.

GOD HELP US

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 Mar 2013, 08:31

I really don't know WHY most people didn't see that legal fees were outrageous.

We all saw that the other major class action only got less then 4% of the pie but YET people here said sign the deal great deal wrote letters saying that MC deserves 17% or more what were you thinking it was in black and white.

We had a poll good or bad, I don't know where people heads were before 14 15 Feb 2013 and even after it was over saying fee were acceptable it could have been 30%.

I guess brain washed comes to mind or were they just saw something different.

Also where is Dennis???? What does he think now was he duped too??

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 Mar 2013, 01:32

Is the rumor true?

I heard that 9 lawyers agree that the 10th(?) is a douche.

Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Feb 2013, 20:00

That's probably not to smart, piss off a lot of guys with mental illnesses. Than take advantage of their good nature.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Feb 2013, 19:54

No different than when you buy a new cloth to shine your car, once it's done and the cloth is used , you throw it away, see you all in the pail!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Feb 2013, 19:52

Looking back , it was a strategic move on their part, they entered this territory found allies, told us to keep quiet(were used to that) now it's over and bang, they pack up and evacuate , inform us we'll keep you posted!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Feb 2013, 19:40

ya oldvet we really should have made all parties negotiating our fate know what we expected.no they didnt want to here it but we should have found a way.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 67 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 49 ... 67  Next