Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legal Fees (Assorted Topics)

+27
oldsailor
Dove96
Wife of a Veteran
tiger660
1993firebird
sabrelove
ceedee
beleaf67
puddleduk2
DeeCee
Newfie
Rags
MaggieinNB
Nemo
meathead
pteadams2002
dennismanuge
froggie2u36
OldZipperhead
bigrex
sailor964
Sapper Zodiak
peep
acerman1234
K9
Teentitan
snrnavcom
31 posters

Page 61 of 67 Previous  1 ... 32 ... 60, 61, 62 ... 67  Next

Go down

Legal Fees (Assorted Topics) - Page 61 Empty Re: Legal Fees (Assorted Topics)

Post by Guest Fri 14 Dec 2012, 13:17

Look the GOC is cutting EI starting 1 jan , they are in no mood to pay anything, it's a dam disgrace and makes me want to puke, we have been had, as always the veterans get screwed, no legal fees paid, but boy just what the pr spin the GOC will try to make out of this in Feb

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Dec 2012, 12:55

agreed Greatfoot,
ther question here is, do we have other ways to presnente this in a polically right way. Saying we were ripped off, scw---d ect will not go a long wait. I think that we need to demonstrate that the GOC have spent a lot of money, only to go complete cercle, and in the end we pay the tab. People here have all the figures. Can we put them to get? present a well wieghed argument?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Dec 2012, 12:35

I know that we have been over and over the whole 'Who pays the legal fees' question but I need to throw this out there again:

The Government of Canada was in the wrong and forced us, as a group, to take them to court to get a resolution to this problem. In that regard, then, they are completely, totally and wholly responsible for this court action taking place, therefore they must be held completely, totally and wholly responsible for the legal costs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Dec 2012, 11:34

I spoke to a store owner down town today who had his store front window smashed out, he was so pissed because he had to pay 1000 dollars out of his pocket for something he didn't do just to get his money to pay for the window, he said how unfair I am being penalized , and I said I know how you are feeling brother, I have to give 30 percent on the dollar just to get my money back also

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Dec 2012, 08:32

boys you must hve read the deal to say we got screwed.can you tell we where its at id like to read it to?dont you guys get it?i will youse extream exaples this time to make my point.if we get 400%in pocket the they can take the full 30% i will not care.if we get 10% in pocket i will do everything i can to make sure this deal gets rejected.that will lead to future court action witch will hopefully lead to 100% in pocket plus top up and interest yes in pocket means after all deductions including leagal.and in this case the 30% will be worth it to me as well.you only get what you pay for so lets see what we are getting first before we see if the price is to high.
propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Dec 2012, 07:56

There is no options , it's done, that's why there is no talk, take it or take it no choice but paying legall fees is wrong and that's what this deal will go down in history as, a deal where we veterans had to pay to get our ltd back from money that was meant for us, our 75 percent release pay, so while everyone else got 75 percent release pay we got, because now you can't include vac , about half that once legal fees are knocked off

Back to top Go down

Post by acerman1234 Fri 14 Dec 2012, 06:31

With out going to trial..(as DM stated to me would be in 2016)........it was guarantee that justice would not be served. With that said, negotiating this "DEAL" sold us out. We the veterans continue to pay the price, with a (bend over and take it attitude) why not stick it to us? We do nothing as a whole. I feel as a failure not to take this case on myself rather, then a member with so little to lose ($10,000). So bend over georges take it like the rest of us poor sick fuc#ks and let the rich sons of bitch lawyers screw us!

What are our options?

acerman1234 affraid
acerman1234
acerman1234
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2008-12-02

Back to top Go down

Legal Fees (Assorted Topics) - Page 61 Empty why should GOC pay legal fees

Post by Guest Thu 13 Dec 2012, 20:04

I'm not much of a lawer nore do I have know a lot about court system, but I do know that we should not pay legal fees. YA YA it was part of the deal, said that two days ago!!! but why should the GOC pay! Well I'm not suiwing because I slipped on a city sidewalk. Even then legal fees are most of the time payed if the claiment wins. Not only that, on top of we won, we should not have had to go to court if the GOC had listened to the many, and I say many reports, findings, evaluations and others that were in are favor. Let's not forget that the GOC payed a lot of money for thous assesments and evaluations. So first they pay to be told they are rong, two, they pay to defend themselves against us and 3 we pay the bill just to return to square one!!!!! Come on here, if I drop a bucket of water I don't try to slup some of it up, I just go back to the lake and start a new trip. going full cercle was already crazy, having to pay for answers they had for years is very very crazy. Sometimes, what we right seems crazy, and yes we do look like we are going in cercles but at least it deos not cost us legal fees. Just a idlee.

Back to top Go down

Post by peep Fri 07 Dec 2012, 08:07

lol to 10%

I do not have PTSD. yet I do have 92%VAC. Busted up and in pain I am. But I just sat with my psychologist and oddly we just talked about this class action. Guess that is my current stress-or. Not so much because the GOC is giving us a raw deal, but I am talking to military again, Vets!

I hope you all can just hang on in this time of doom and gloom, but always remember Peter leaks (he is new at this) positive comments all the time.

This year maybe be toast, but your way of life will change next year with the added funds. I know I will not have to move as often.
peep
peep
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 844
Registration date : 2012-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Fri 07 Dec 2012, 03:07

Yes, after all this, I think VAC should award an additional 10% on our pensions because the stress of this case has likely worsened or created many additional OSI's.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4064
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Dec 2012, 22:26

I like the way you think Foundry, I am really worried about people as well. There is a lack of understanding towards what makes a sick individual even sicker. When you are throwing out dates and timelines and so on and so forth there are people out there that then plan the life they live accordingly, which means the build up the llet down the build up the let down. So on and so forth, this is unhealthy for an already sick individual. Seeing the light at the end of the tunnel but not being able to get on the train that leads there for fear of the train stopping once again 100 ft down the line. Delays are okay to a degree however, timelines that continue to get pushed back become very annoying and destructive.

Heres an idea, the GAG is for who? I believe every veteran in this class action has a voice just like the chief plaintiff, as well there is 7000 people that are in this class and I am unsure how just it is for 1 of the 7000 to have information with regards to the lawsuit. We as veterans have had security clearance up the yang and yet we cannot be given information about ourselves??

Why not have the members of the suit sign a document of sorts that stipulates word outside of yourself with regards to the case is forbidden and punishable unless otherwise directed in writing or for the record by the lawyer in the lead.

We as members of the class have the same right as Dennis does to be included in the negotiations as well as informed on a regular basis. No knowledge is not keeping the class members informed.

Back

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Zodiak Thu 06 Dec 2012, 09:30

I am very worried about some of our brothers falling apart with the stress and anxiety over this lack of information. Please keep your shit together a bit longer. I really feel the lawyers are doing what they can, and if there is a Gag order, they cannot break it. I am pissed over the lack of info too. But all we can do is wait. When the time comes to be heard...we have the power to blow the freakin lid off this. Be well.
Chimo

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2012-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Zodiak Thu 06 Dec 2012, 09:25

I sent a note last night regarding the lack of information. Here is the reply I got this morning. Its a cut and paste.

Good morning David,

Thank you for your email.

Please do not take the lack of communication to mean that things are going poorly. Things are progressing well and on schedule and we will be sending another update within the next few weeks.

Best regards,

Kristine Hunter

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2012-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Dec 2012, 09:01

good man foundry good man.
propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Dec 2012, 08:57

oh yes very much so.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 61 of 67 Previous  1 ... 32 ... 60, 61, 62 ... 67  Next