Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kent Hehr pledges to fix “overlooked” and “bungled” treatment of vets

+16
Brasidas
prawnstar
chillier76
Slaket
Sapper Zodiak
Recon031
johnny211
rucksack031
czerv
Teentitan
Rifleman
Kramer
bigrex
BinRat
Dannypaj
pinger
20 posters

Page 12 of 37 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 24 ... 37  Next

Go down

Kent Hehr pledges to fix “overlooked” and “bungled” treatment of vets - Page 12 Empty Re: Kent Hehr pledges to fix “overlooked” and “bungled” treatment of vets

Post by Guest Mon 21 Dec 2015, 19:25

PA PEOPLE PA that has to be what we push for that is the one true freedom, you cannot be lead around with a ring in your nose like a bull if you have PA. They cannot threaten to take it away if you don't jump threw their hoops. that is the one thing we cannot back down on. Every thing else is them putting a treat on your nose and saying wait wait wait.

Back to top Go down

Kent Hehr pledges to fix “overlooked” and “bungled” treatment of vets - Page 12 Empty Re: Kent Hehr pledges to fix “overlooked” and “bungled” treatment of vets

Post by Brasidas Mon 21 Dec 2015, 19:07

That's the same answer as always. Basically we are going for Christmas break and will be back JAN 15th. Call on Jan.15th, we are just getting into the swing off things, give us a few months. Call in March, it is too late to meet this new fiscal year in April, we will work on it after this years budget. End of May they are on Summer break after that getting back into the swing of things until October. Then there is no time to finish before Christmas break and the cycle repeats.

Brasidas
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2012-08-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Mon 21 Dec 2015, 16:04

I asked The Honourable Minister of Affairs  a question and he replied with the above statement.  Cheers,
Waiting on the budget ! ! ! We will have answers soon. January is just around the corner...........stand by.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Mon 21 Dec 2015, 16:02

Dan Hurt
Today at 10:02am.All the promisies! where are they and when will they be implemented? The rumors are creating uncertainty amongst veterans, check it out on CSAT and read the concerns that are amognst veterans of NATO, UN, and AFGANASITAN. By the GoC and the MVA unwilling to be trasparent on our file, it seems to be creating the same quagmire as prior to the change of government. All we are requesting is a brief situation report before Christmas, Thanks.

2Like · Comment

Chronological
Comments

Kent Hehr

Kent Hehr Hey Dan,

Here's a brief report.

Those 9 offices closed by the previous government are going to be reopened in the next year. Those are in the same cities that they were closed in. Those are being reopened. My apologies on the Sydney snafu in early November: it's on the docket for reopening.

We've begun to hire the 400 new front line staff members to bring down the average veteran per caseworker load down from 35 to something more reasonable. That's happening as I dictate this comment.

On the ELB, four year education benefit, and more, these are projects that are tied into the budget process that's happening. Budget consultations are starting in earnest in mid- to late- January, so please stay tuned as we work through the Privy Council Office and with the Minister of Finance on the promised funding.

KH

Like · Reply · 4 hours ago..
Fran Caravan
Fran Caravan KH, I have read your reports and to be honest, some of the items you are addressing do not affect the veterans directly. We need better health care coverage, reinstate our rehabilitation program (cuts on our physio, chiropractic care...) have affected us and the monthly pension amount has to be re-assess.

Last edited by Dannypaj on Mon 21 Dec 2015, 16:55; edited 2 times in total
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Dec 2015, 13:05

Welcome to the zoo FABA84U.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Dec 2015, 09:49

I think thats a good thing .... good luck sapper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Zodiak Sun 20 Dec 2015, 15:15

I just got a reply from MVA Kent Hehr. The message said "thank you for your service, I will have my staff look into this problem for you, Have a very good christmas". KH
sent from my I-phone...
Interesting to get a response and sent from his I-phone no less. He has given me hope, even if it wasn't him responding.
Sapper

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2012-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Fri 18 Dec 2015, 11:53

I give up, waiting over a year for what! A chance to appeal. Thanks VAC!
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Dec 2015, 19:52

lol pinger still a mushroom kept in the dark and not even being fed s--- anymore!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Thu 17 Dec 2015, 17:57

Meanwhile, back in the mushroom patch even the shytes missing.

All I got back from my email was a generic automated, "Thank you for your inquiry... etc."

pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Slaket Thu 17 Dec 2015, 17:13

Let's not fool ourselves. It has started again. The MVA and his office are not answering the emails that are being sent. How long must his office be granted a "transition period"? The other Ministers have come out running and cracked the whip within their departments and have provided updates and timelines. Nothing from Veteran Affairs. Yes they put out job openings. But really that is it!!

You can be assured someone in his office is reading and filing the emails that are piling up. Yet nothing has been done.
I voted for a change of government on promises and so called open policies. For Veterans I have really seen no change.
We really are second class citizens. The first to be called upon to defend our people and believes but the last on the list once the uniform is turned back into supply.

Slaket
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2015-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Thu 17 Dec 2015, 16:14

Okay, so I snail mailed a letter to Clark Kent. Apparently(?) their gc website has been transitioning
the last few days which is why links were dead for me.

But lo and behold I found one that worked today so I emailed it as well, double trouble :0

Don't care if it's is too cheesy or lame... damn the torpedoes.

To the Honourable Minister of Veterans Affairs, Kent Hehr.

Dear Sir:

I am a veteran having served in the Canadian Navy.
   I was injured, but kept moving forward.
   Still do and was treated overall fairly by DVA/VAC.

A lot of my peers and friends are/were not. Those currently serving,
   especially recent afghan veterans, parity for the reserves, those
   medically released, not forgetting Korean veterans either.
   But a veteran is a veteran... period.

I voted for your party where I live.

Now then... could you in your voted capacity as the MVA
   please tell this country, veterans, and the media what you
   have thus far implemented?

Better yet, a timeline of forthcoming implementations
   would be very much welcomed to hear of.

Promises which Justin Trudeau campaigned on, promised
   and that you have been tasked with on your file.
   You have been tasked by his mandate letter and orders.
   Yet, veterans like myself and so many others do not hear
   anything at all?  Please update us.

What are you prepared to action and do?

Very respectfully...    bla bla bla bla pinger.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Dec 2015, 08:24

Riddick stick around buddy we value your opinion and i'm sure if the promises are not kept you will see the action you want evolve from discussion to action. I will personally donate to the lawsuit, and attend any rally to fix this BS. Until we know what they plan to do which we should find out in the new year basically our hands are tied we cannot tell GOC they stink until they try to s--- on us like harper.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Thu 17 Dec 2015, 08:22

Ration pack and Gerry cans and all that crap, leave that in the past and lets kick some a..!   We want answers dammit! ......but in all seriousness,  thanks you virtual veteran forum friends for the help, I appreciate it.
My VAC account as of yesterday stated that my reassessment is completed.  
This is new to me in reference to my file, so whatever comes of it, is what it is.  
Brown envelope phobia!
I Really do hope that it all stops soon and this is a new beginning .
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Dec 2015, 07:24

Well said teen & Danny...this has always been the place for me to get the info an share discussions among the group...it is an always will be a place where we can band together to help out one another.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 37 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 24 ... 37  Next