Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MVA's FACEBOOK POSTS..BACKLASH

+4
Nemo
bigrex
Teentitan
Dannypaj
8 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

MVA's FACEBOOK POSTS..BACKLASH - Page 2 Empty Re: MVA's FACEBOOK POSTS..BACKLASH

Post by Guest Thu 21 Apr 2016, 01:23

I agree teentitan 100%. Although I am relatively new in posting to this forum I have been a longtime lurker. While I also know that the liberals have only been elected for a small amount of time, their communication skills are totally inadequate in keeping veterans informed.

I so wish I was in contact with the minister. I would submit to have a veteran from one of these boards to act as information intermediary directly for the minister. One single point of contact who's sole job was keeping information flowing to veterans such as answering questions, supplying new information as it comes out.

No political BS, just straight facts. That person would be an actual veteran suffering from the same things we are suffering from. The biggest thing I see from looking at all these boards is that people have to go searching out for information that should be communicated directly to Veterans and not sent off as some news release in an obscure paper somewhere. Heck I would even go so far as to have a message board such as this one to directly relay information to veterans.

Back to top Go down

MVA's FACEBOOK POSTS..BACKLASH - Page 2 Empty Re: MVA's FACEBOOK POSTS..BACKLASH

Post by Teentitan Wed 20 Apr 2016, 22:04

There is no fricition between propat and me. I am trying to point out if you want a voice at the table on bringing back the lifelong pension and other PA benefits then Rex we have to bring the same rules to CSAT as the Ministers facebook page.

Rex you have to remember this is an open forum. If you don't think the Ministers staff or VAC is reading CSAT then you are wrong.

I want to see someone from CSAT at the table. There is a lot of intelligent people in CSAT and in my opinion propat is one of them and would be a good candidate at the table for the non-affiliated veteran.

As I pointed out the 6 groups at the table their membership numbers combined come no where near the amount of veterans "who do not" belong to one of the 6 groups.

I know you are thinking I'm trying to stir the pot. I'm not. I'm trying to 'encourage' civil thoughts, respectful comments to show the Minister that CSAT does deserve a seat at the table to bring the respect, that propat points out, for the Canadian Veteran. Canadian Veterans who are not being respectfully represented.

It's time everyone realizes that the Liberals know they have made a very huge promise. A very complicated promise. An extrememly divisive promise of bringing back the lifelong pension.

So how do they delay, delay, then end up denying that promise? Have their hand picked sycophant veteran organization leaders at the table. If it goes sideways then they can blame those 6 orgs. If it works then they look like the heroes and get a 2nd term as the leaders of the GoC. Win, win.

Sitting back and bitching gets us squat. This has been proven over the last 10 years...right? So let's play their game and prove that we are not the crazy, angry, mean spirited veterans.

Let's show...check that...let's prove that we have adapted and are going to push forward and prove that veterans do not need organizations like the Legion to speak for us. Let's prove to them, and the media, that a group of veterans who gather together on CSAT are intelligent enough to do what is right for veterans once and for all.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Wed 20 Apr 2016, 19:59

I was a scullery xxxx once as well bigrex. We all started there once upon a time.

But I digress... back to... LASHES!!!  for our MVA.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 20 Apr 2016, 19:39

You can keep your vinegar Pinger. The only time I ever used the stuff was while cleaning as a scullery staff.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Wed 20 Apr 2016, 19:05

C'mon on now you guys, stand down the frickin frackan. Does no good amongst us. Better to light a fire under the MVA's butt. So if anyone needs to vent, send him the propers Smile

MVA incommunicado on our file to me is flat out ignorance! Same old, same old to me... a fracking crime...

Don't steal my vinegar rex lol
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Apr 2016, 18:50

fully agree .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 20 Apr 2016, 18:45

Ok, I think that things have gone way off of topic. It doesn't matter how one chooses to post on another site, that is their right. So whether you agree with the new rules on his page or , which to me are pretty similar to the ones we have here, there is no need for it to carry over to this site.

But for those that are upset, and really want to say so on his page, you can still do so, just be respectful. You know that whole honey catches more bees than vinegar saying.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Apr 2016, 17:39

sure I guess that's your opinion an angry vet I belive is what you said . well.... im a vet and SOMETIMES I am angry so yup ya hit the nail on the head there ... so im an angry vet and if that somehow belittles me that's fine . doesn't bother me guess that's just who I am . gotta tel ya though im probably not the only one out there OK I guarantee ya that .

I don't get angry a lot much though MOST of my posts are not put forward in an angry manner .

yup when I see people trampling on Canadian laws rights and freedoms no matter how insignificant they may be to some I get a little peed off ta say the least . ill accept that as a fault sure but I spent many years fighting for those very things and in some small way im still doing that I guess. so that's gonna take some time to let go I guess . some day that may not anger me and some day I might not even care . unfortunately that's not the case at this time .

so ya I sure can show him some of what you are talking about . thing is if he decides to do something like what was done in 2006 or trample , curtail or mitigate ANY Canadian laws ,rights,freedoms or privileges for anyone especially vets well ill do my best but all bets are off.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Wed 20 Apr 2016, 16:29

OK your first part was a good explanation of who you are. Good but can be bad. 99.9% of us on CSAT are like that and I know that and accept that. Yes I'm even that way and you know it too.

Your second para, the one I quoted in my response, is what I was replying to. I pointed out what you opened yourself to be perceived as....it's up to the reader to decide.

You literally belittled yourself in the mind of the reader. Now if you post a point like that about yourself on Hehr's facebook page he will ignore you because you essentially told him so.

You have great points propat. All I'm saying is, and this applies to me as well, Hehr has dropped the hammer....you either post comments with ettiquitte or you are ignored. That also includes commenting on CSAT.

Hehr has and is holding his ground that only 6 veteran orgs will be at the table to bring back the lifelong pension. We are all trying to point out to the Minister that there is more independent, non-affiliated veteran organization veterans then the combined membership of the 6 groups and we need a voice at the table.

CSAT has been pointed out in one of Bruyea's articles as a possible representative for these veterans.

So let's show Hehr that if he wants rules on postings we can do that. If he wants civility in conversations we can do that.

So let's show Hehr and his staff that CSAT is an open forum that can discuss any topic without getting angry, vulgar and insultive.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Apr 2016, 16:08

exactly teen but that was the entirety of my response to you was it ??? ya want to go back and read the very first two sentences .

that's why I said

WOW I don't know how the heck you got that !

that is so far from what I said its not even funny .

ya want to take part of the message out of context you giver kid but when you do that don't expect me to take you seriously .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Wed 20 Apr 2016, 16:00

ya see I am who I am a Canadian vet and all that entails is part of that . I dictate the message for sure but the attitude in witch its presented well that's another matter . that teen I allow to be dictated by the receiver of the message .

Your words and my response is how I 'dictated' when I read it.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Apr 2016, 15:53

WOW I don't know how the heck you got that !

that is so far from what I said its not even funny .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Wed 20 Apr 2016, 15:49

So you want to be understood by the recepient as an angry vet then?

propat you can look at yourself anyway you want when you are looking in the mirror. But if you want to be taken seriously as a Canadian veteran on any open forum maybe you should consider changing your ways on "how" the recepient thinks of you. Otherwise no one will even give your posts a second thought.

Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Apr 2016, 15:40

well if him and his constituents are Canadian .

how about this crazy idea .

use Canadian law .

not to much to ask I don't think .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Apr 2016, 15:37

actually teen for the most part I actually do . but yes every now and then I don't . no hard and fast rules for me . im not some political robot IM A VET . im not the nicest guy on the planet I get that but I am one of them most of the time . then sometimes I can be thee most evil person on the face of the planet .

ya see I am who I am a Canadian vet and all that entails is part of that . I dictate the message for sure but the attitude in witch its presented well that's another matter . that teen I allow to be dictated by the receiver of the message .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next