Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MVA's FACEBOOK POSTS..BACKLASH

+4
Nemo
bigrex
Teentitan
Dannypaj
8 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

MVA's FACEBOOK POSTS..BACKLASH - Page 4 Empty Re: MVA's FACEBOOK POSTS..BACKLASH

Post by LostTrucker Wed 20 Apr 2016, 10:49

Trooper wrote:I see where our MVA has posted "Rules" on his Facebook page.

Maybe we should post "Rules" for being a Veteran Affairs Minister.  Seems he don't understand what his duties and responsibilities to Veterans are........either that or just don't care.  He is one of the most secretive and non public when it comes to Veterans.  He is very public and open when it comes to any other subject......except the one he is responsible for. Evil or Very Mad
LostTrucker
LostTrucker
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2016-03-24

Back to top Go down

MVA's FACEBOOK POSTS..BACKLASH - Page 4 Empty Re: MVA's FACEBOOK POSTS..BACKLASH

Post by Guest Wed 20 Apr 2016, 09:45

I see where our MVA has posted "Rules" on his Facebook page.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Apr 2016, 16:58

I agree ,

I have said that from the beginning , he passed everything down without taking command of those he passed his mandate promises  too.

This is going to come back and bite him hard !

He is talking about everything but his actual duties , if his not willing to learn the file properly , command the duties passed down with timelines and not pushing out public progress reports , he is going to regret it.

Veterans are fed up with this type of lack of command and lack of transparency on our file , that is the main reason behind the backlash.

He means well but fails at leadership skills.

In today's world when it comes to promises made to Veterans , you better get your facts straight , you better learn quickly the file , and you better not leave Veterans in the dark , or you will get plenty of backlash , and this is just the beginning.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Apr 2016, 16:56

I agree with you Teen, MVA Hehr does appear to have his head in the sand and is avoiding dealing with Veterans anger and questions.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Mon 11 Apr 2016, 16:42

Sparrow I too agree with what you said but eventually it will sink in with him that he needs to come out have a press conference and UPDATE veterans.

Until he speaks vets are only going to get angrier and angreir until it explodes in the press.

He is creating his own problems and by the looks of it he is ignoring the obvious solution.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Apr 2016, 16:37

There is a growing backlash on MVA Hehr's facebook page and although I understand why there is such frustration and anger coming from Veterans, I can't abide by the vulgarity and profanity that is being posted on the MVA's page which reflects on all Veterans.

Back to top Go down

MVA's FACEBOOK POSTS..BACKLASH - Page 4 Empty More stuff from our Minister's Facebook today !

Post by Guest Sun 10 Apr 2016, 16:16

Are veterans happy with you, the department, or the government?

Kent Hehr

After the next four years of implementing our commitments and working to do good by veterans, I am sure that our veterans will be in better stead than in the previous ten.

KH

Kent the GoC has been pissing around for 10 years now and that includes all parties. 4 more years is not except able you should have done it in the budget that you just brought down. Has far as I can see your just like all the rest your only interested in staying in all enough to to get YOUR big fat pension and will just drag your feet and in the end do squat for the Vets. You and your party promised to get the pensions back and you did not you failed and failed hard any thing you say now is just smoke being blown up butts

Kent Hehr , veterans were made certain promises, from November to the end of March, you were repeatedly asked about these promises and to provide details.

You kept telling to wait and see. Well the budget came out, and it lacks a lot of detail about who's eligible for what, and further more we have to wait 5 years not 4 years, to see what will complete this plan.

I have gone through the budget over and over again, not being a lawyer, I still fail to see how it benefits me or any other veteran or even comes close to meeting what was promised.

How much many more veterans are going to lose their homes, families, and lives, while you continue to fail us?

One thing that really pisses me off is that you knew right from the beginning that you and your department could not meet the promise of the return of life long pensions, but you refused to admit it and refused to provide any details of it until the budget was released, you baited everyone with statements of wait and see.

What a waste, thought he had a chance being disabled. Thought he would understand , but just another fiberal. I waited. You told me on the phone wait for the budget I was nice. Now well I have lost all respect for you. Why can't anybody provide a new chart for this chump sum payment, why isn't there a table for this new pia ? Where is it been almost a month. Keep up with what you do best. Disappointing vets.

https://www.facebook.com/kenthehrj/timeline

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Fri 08 Apr 2016, 07:05

I fight for my children's  future. I didn't really accomplish what I wanted to when I signed the dotted line, but the dotted line is just that, a dotted line.
My future isn't about that dotted line, it is about recovering and being functional for my family.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Fri 08 Apr 2016, 07:00

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/windsor/veterans-affairs-offices-could-reopen-within-year-1.3523403

Another example of an individual who wants to help Veterans. BZ

"That is a long time, a year. It should open tomorrow," he said. "You shouldn't be waiting that long to ask questions. It's better than nothing, but it could be a whole lot better." SO TRUE!
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 05 Apr 2016, 18:33

This is just so sad, and if one moron is that disillusioned about today's soldiering then now you know why our leaders find it hard to give credence to the overall health and welfare of you and I.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 Apr 2016, 09:25

The individual in question was on ODSP a very abused disability pension here in Ontario in my opinion. there are people on it with no physical disability that can work mixing morter or caring concrete block that are a little bit slow but not to bad capable of manual labour but refuse to work even though they can and would make more money doing so. This lady may be legit in which case she should have been directing her comments to the Ontario priemer to clean up the system so more money was available for those in real need. I was not mentally not able to comment on her post at the time or I would of set her straight. She made us look bad but there was nothing i could do at the time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 Mar 2016, 19:12

nemo your correct but I think a lot of Veterans don't know themselves that they are classified as a Veteran.

That is why I posted the following info awhile back in the VAC Benefits Category ;

Definition of a Veteran
Any former member of the Canadian Armed Forces who successfully underwent basic training and is honourably discharged.

When people think of Veterans, many immediately picture someone who served in the First World War, Second World War or the Korean War. While many Canadians recognize these traditional Veterans, the same may not always be true for Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) Veterans—those who served Canada since the Korean War.

In fact, some former CAF members don’t even see themselves as Veterans. Veterans Affairs Canada (VAC) wants to change this and is working to ensure CAF Veterans receive the honour and recognition they have earned and so richly deserve.

VAC considers any former member of the Canadian Armed Forces who releases with an honourable discharge and who successfully underwent basic training to be a Veteran.

This Veteran status recognizes the risk CAF members assume by wearing the uniform and pledging allegiance. Canada’s modern-day Veterans are carrying on the traditions, values and legacy of wartime Veterans and all Canadians, especially our youth, should be aware of their accomplishments and sacrifices.

Please note that other criteria, in addition to Veteran status, are needed to qualify for services from the Department.

http://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/about-us/mandate#defn

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemo Fri 25 Mar 2016, 17:50

After reading the one soldier's reply in the blurb about that he is not a veteran, that made my blood boil a wee bit. He is a veteran. Why is it in Canada that even military members don't want to call themselves a veteran? I would say most of that comes from the Legion who never really welcomed people after WW2 or the Korean war. You hear veteran firefighter...veteran police officer all the time and no one bats an eye. But serve 20 years and call yourself a military veteran and many people including the member will say they are not one. Of course they are one. I served nearly two decades. I served 5 years in Germany. I served seven months in Croatia on Op Harmony 2. So I am a military veteran. I am a peacekeeping veteran. I am a Cold War veteran. I don't call myself a war veteran as I was not in Afghan. But I can tell ya that I still know what war is like. In Croatia, during the Battle of Medak Pocket, there was one day when more than 6000 shells landed in our area. If that isn't war, I don't know what is. So hold your heads up high brothers and sisters. You are veterans. Soldiers that serve even short times in the US get a helluva lot more respect there than long serving members ever will get here.
Nemo
Nemo
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2010-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Fri 25 Mar 2016, 17:08

Absolutely. The government, and Canadians in general gave WWI, WWII and Korean Veterans a lot more respect than those of us of modern times. They didn't have to beg and fight in court to get benefits. My father-in-law only served three years, but because that time was spent in Korea, even though it was following the war, he was given a 100% pension when he developed arthritis in his spine. He was still healthy enough to open his own garage, and then work as a cleaner, until he finally retired at 65.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 Mar 2016, 14:10

No Fracking kidding !

" I grew up surrounded by veterans of WW2 in the neighbourhood, many who had serious, lifelong injuries and disabilities, and they sure did not expect this or complain that they weren't getting enough from the government."

Why would they complain ?

They were all receiving benefits under the old pension act. (PA)

Not much to complain about when your receiving benefits from the old pension act !

That is the reason why there's so much complaining and frustration surrounding Veterans and their benefits.
Here's a wake up call , attitudes and perceptions need to change for those in government in charge of looking after their disabled Veterans.

To the person who wrote the paragraph , you need to educate yourself before making such an insulting comment towards disabled Veterans.
If you don't know what your talking about , it's best to take a step back an think before making such insulting comments.

It's funny every time someone post a negative comment towards those voicing their concerns on our Ministers Facebook , the negative post remains , but the answers to the negative post , gets deleted ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next