Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Diminished Earning Capacity (DEC)

+30
cdnnavy77
MikeCeeGB
jimmyB1
Zodiac
Hellraiser
puddleduk2
bulldozer
bosn181
Gunner8
peep
45jim
AirLog
SIGS PIGS
Teager
totransit
Newfie
By the Bay
SaintJohn18182
johnny211
Rustytheviking
BinRat
cosmo12
prawnstar
czerv
1993firebird
Vet1234
Dannypaj
pinger
bigrex
34 posters

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Diminished Earning Capacity  (DEC) - Page 18 Empty Re: Diminished Earning Capacity (DEC)

Post by Guest Sun 06 Nov 2016, 05:57

Skeptical,  I'm not trying to be provoke an argument, but I don't really appreciate your take on my situation.  Eleven years is not a short time.  It's been a long road to the level of recovery I currently find myself in.  That road was fraught with a lot grief, self loathing, suicidal thoughts, destroyed personal relationships,  years of on going therapy and substance abuse, just to name a few of the speed bumps. I'd give back all the financial compensation I've received from VAC if I could be who I used to be before serving.

In the future if you could keep your opinions about other people's situations to yourself, and instead, offer only support and or guidance to your fellow veterans, it would be appreciated.

With that being said, I have had a lot of experience dealing with VAC and it's processes and if I can do anything or offer advice to help you, please don't hesitate to ask me via PM.

Back to top Go down

Diminished Earning Capacity  (DEC) - Page 18 Empty Re: Diminished Earning Capacity (DEC)

Post by Guest Sat 05 Nov 2016, 23:26

Agreed Firebird, it took me 11 years to be at the level of compensation I'm at. My first CM was off side. Eleven years and a career lost.

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Sat 05 Nov 2016, 10:44

Everyone just take a deep breath and relax. It took me 14 years to get everything that I was told that I am entitled to receive. The problem is entitled does not mean automatic when it comes to people and money.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Sat 05 Nov 2016, 09:30

BZ sir, I commend you in helping veterans RIP. This gesture of respect by one individual in a large society like ours goes along way and especially with social media.
Selfless and given back, that is respect, Thanks.
http://www.cbc.ca/1.3834070
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 05 Nov 2016, 06:22

thanks buds I appreciate that but I'm no advocate . the way I see some advocates act and behave I really wouldn't want to have that label . all I do is help out vets in my area when I can and offer a little advice and opinion on a few vets sights here and their . thing is it makes me feel good to do so especially when I see people get the help or benefits they need and have earned so in a way a little selfish , but nothing wrong with that I think .

when I see advocates or hand picked advocates and well others asked for recommendations and instead of giving the GOC the one recommendation that cant be minimalized and would bring equality and fairness back to the system and forces the GOC into a yes or no response I get a little angry .

when I realize these advocates are mostly PA vets that decide instead of that one obvious and clear recommendation that would not put a single dime in their own pockets they come up with a pile of recommendation's that will instead . to me that goes beyond selfish that's fracking greed .

should PA vets have more ???? sure they are vets after all I say the world to them my friend to ALL vets. BUT NOW IS NOT THE TIME FOR THAT !!!!! no fracking way not till equality and fairness is brought back to the system .

I guy asked here not that long ago when is enough enough ? great question ? for me right now as a PA vet enough already at least for now ? yup PA vets got problems for sure say VRAB for one . its fine to have a good benefits package but if your being denied these benefits you earned and deserve for no good reason then what's the point .

of cores NVC vets have this same problem with a relatively shyte benefits package ta boot .

first and foremost we need an equal and fair benefits package for ALL !!!!!!

then instead of being divided , fragmented and easily turned against each other by the GOC we could fight together to ensure everyone one who should be getting benefits actually does .

we can move on from there .

always question authority

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by czerv Fri 04 Nov 2016, 08:57

This is a job creation exercise for VAC. More paper work/ "control" of a veteran, more job openings for them. Also, makes them feel important .... not to mention all the politicians, retired generals who get those positions, etc., etc.

czerv
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 Nov 2016, 08:39

well bigrex that's the issue . the compensation for disabilities . this is the fight . the PA pension .

actually bigrex IN PRACTICE the new benefits were added to the PA but only for PA guys . NVC guys had to trade the PA pension to get them . what a crapy trade that was .

imagine always having something coming in you can rely on the rest of your life weather it be a little or a lot . tax free ta boot . no one taking it away and once granted no more paperwork to re-up . talk about stress relief . go to school go to work no matter you don't need to report it or fill out anything and no one takes it away or reduces it for simply carrying on with life because that's what you do you just carry on with life no fracking headaches .

if your only monthly income is the new benefits its like a whole other planet . conditions paperwork and crap that you know if something goes wrong you are fracked .

its fracking insanity is what it is.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Fri 04 Nov 2016, 08:35

Clarify "Maybe payable" would be a start, why cause the stress. Neutral
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Fri 04 Nov 2016, 08:33

Not sure if this on CSAT, but if not here it is.

http://www.gazette.gc.ca/rp-pr/p2/2015/2015-04-08/html/sor-dors69-eng.php

The earnings loss benefit is provided in recognition of the economic impacts of a career ending and/or service-related health problem on a veteran’s ability to earn income following release from the military. For a veteran who, despite all efforts at rehabilitation, is unable to pursue suitable gainful employment due to his/her eligible health problem, the earnings loss benefit may be payable until age 65 (when they may qualify for VAC, or other, retirement benefits). The amount of earnings loss benefit is calculated using 90% of the veteran’s monthly “imputed income,” as defined in the Regulations, minus certain income offsets (e.g. employment earnings, retirement income and other income). This amount is also used in determining the earnings loss benefit paid to eligible survivors and orphans.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Fri 04 Nov 2016, 08:05

And as we know more and more of us are falling under the NVC.
New applicants are now realizing, simply do the math.
But, it comes down to the NVC not being concrete like the P.A.....is that not the argument here?

We all deserve a concrete message stating once your transitioning from DND and the NVC suits are being emplaced, that the suits of benefits provided under the NVC must remain in place in accordance to the Sacred Obligation...A veteran is a veteran is a veteran.  
Call it the P.A call it the NVC...a soldier wants assurance, not insurance!

Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Fri 04 Nov 2016, 07:52

Skeptical wrote:Any way point is nvc vets suffer more stress it not healthy  to always be worrying  about your monthly income being taken away or being scared every time your cm calls. That is the difference between us. They cannot call tomorrow and tell you your parents entitlement has changed now you have to jump threw this hoop. Case and point Warning  nvc can cause serious injury or death.

Exactly my thought from the get go! ask my CMO or the rest of the team, utter frustration knowing a carrot is THE NVC, which can be removed at the Minister's direction......
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Fri 04 Nov 2016, 07:10

Other than the compensation for the actual disability (monthly pension vs LSA), some aspects of the NVC are slightly better than strictly just the PA. The ELB is less restrictive than SISIP. It isn't limited to 24 months, and can be applied for several times. PIA/PIAS is better than the EIA, even if it is taxed, because it is not limited to those awarded at 100% or higher. I wish that these benefits had merely been added to to the PA, but we all know that the NVC, as a whole, was designed to save money, since so few Veterans actually qualify for the new benefits.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 Nov 2016, 06:16

you are right buds . not only is their a huge financial gap PA is far less stressful .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 03 Nov 2016, 23:09

thanks steelgunner . not long I'm guessing buds not long .

cant have valid arguments against the buyout in the forefront of a website without finding some retarded reason to bury it .

ya know what I'm saying ???

always question authority

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 03 Nov 2016, 23:01

Good words Propat.

I just posted on the Veterans Affairs Canada website on Facebook, I wonder if it will stay up?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next