Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SISIP COLA RETRO (Assorted Topics)

+37
tiger660
MaggieinNB
froggie2u36
abetterway
ceedee
booboo
tetech
armybulldog
EZRider
Dannypaj
Hab2013
PipperNavy
acerman1234
snrnavcom
rzm71
meathead
DCHD27
turbo
dzanzio
rucksack031
devans156
birdgunner
DeeCee
pinger
1993firebird
sabrelove
oldsailor
bigrex
peep
RCN-Retired
Rifleman
Teentitan
puddleduk2
Recon031
K9
Sapper Zodiak
41 posters

Page 26 of 61 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 43 ... 61  Next

Go down

SISIP COLA RETRO (Assorted Topics) - Page 26 Empty Re: SISIP COLA RETRO (Assorted Topics)

Post by Guest Thu 26 Feb 2015, 11:10

OH the cola's, old and new VAC lawsuit, Somalia law suit, M. Kenny's law suit, Continuation of Denis Manuge law suit !!!! we all have enough to keep us going until death and then some. This morning I realized how must I missed this place. The intrigues, fun, bad days. new info ect....... Here's to hoping for my COLA.. Go cola GO,GO,GO,GO got all dress up for that to. even had my pompoms.

Back to top Go down

SISIP COLA RETRO (Assorted Topics) - Page 26 Empty Re: SISIP COLA RETRO (Assorted Topics)

Post by Guest Sun 22 Feb 2015, 09:50

cyclops

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 21 Feb 2015, 18:05

trooper for the largest part yes it is a matter of gross vs net however there are other calculations that can add up or even subtract from your total amount although these other peripheral amounts don't really add up to a whole lot .

its quite easy to calculate your gross vs net benefit as the calculations are quite simple although they do take time if its done as I previously described the result will be extremely accurate.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 21 Feb 2015, 17:52

firebird yes .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 21 Feb 2015, 17:23

The way I understand it to be regarding the COLA calculations is simply a matter of GROSS vs. NET.

In the original 2013 payout, the COLA was calculated on the net of our benefits.

With this latest COLA order they are now going back to redo the calculations - calculating the COLA on the gross amount of our benefits.

Once the gross calculations have been completed, they will take the gross amount and subtract it to the already received net amount.
Now they will take this new amount and multiply it by 74% - add in the accumulated interest as described in the order - that is what the total dollar amount would be with respect to the COLA amount received.

Now keep in mind the Legal fees will be deducted from this total amount at 8.038% - not from the amount of after taxes that were withheld by Manulife, but from this total amount.

Now if my understanding of this turns out to be correct, those with a two year retro would have very little trouble doing their own rough calculation to see where they stand ( ROUGHLY )

The further your retro goes, one would not be to far off by saying the larger the amount of COLA they "MAY" receive.
Also the further back your retro goes, it becomes nearly impossible to get a solid rough estimate of what you may receive, as with the variables and the many complex calculations involved.

Is it possible for some to receive a large COLA cheque as previously reported, ABSOLUTELY, but my advice would be to look at what has already been posted in regards to the large amounts showed, and take that as proof, feel free to do your own estimates if you are brave enough to do so, but like I said this would be difficult for anyone who's retro goes a ways back.

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Sat 21 Feb 2015, 15:50

PA ? Do you mean Veterans Affairs?

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 21 Feb 2015, 12:01

well firebird if you received your SISIP retro you should have already received the COLA for the PA pension deduction they however still owe you COLA for the rest of the deductions.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Sat 21 Feb 2015, 11:27

my entire 75% of my final year salary , which was $63,000 , was deducted as I am a zero sum for two years so I should get a descent amount.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 21 Feb 2015, 09:47

not a problem buds like I said it may work out that way for him but probably not for anyone else as that is not the way it is being calculated.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by snrnavcom Sat 21 Feb 2015, 09:22

thanks for the intel.... cheers

snrnavcom
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2012-07-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 21 Feb 2015, 09:22

CPPD , mil pension ect.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by peep Sat 21 Feb 2015, 09:17

deductions? Is that from the sisip worksheet? Or incometax
peep
peep
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 844
Registration date : 2012-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 21 Feb 2015, 09:12

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

peep everyone is different .

it all comes down to your deductions .

if you had a large dollar amount in deductions you will get a good amount per year .

if you only had a small amount of deductions you will get a smaller amount per year .

if you had no deductions you will get a very small amount per year .

his may have worked out to that but it has absolutely nothing to do with your settlement .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by peep Thu 19 Feb 2015, 14:05

No
peep
peep
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 844
Registration date : 2012-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Feb 2015, 13:57

Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 61 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 43 ... 61  Next