Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Career Impact Allowance (CIA) and the Career Impact Allowance Supplement (CIAS)

+26
propat
SaintJohn18182
frustrated
xtraforus
Tilap61
Rifleman
Newfie
By the Bay
bog6
Nemo
Rustytheviking
pinger
Teager
bosn181
Armygunner
Cctchevy18
Mike77
Slaket
cosmo12
bigrex
Dannypaj
johnny211
Willie
Vet1234
czerv
30 posters

Page 9 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 17  Next

Go down

Career Impact Allowance (CIA) and the Career Impact Allowance Supplement (CIAS)  - Page 9 Empty Re: Career Impact Allowance (CIA) and the Career Impact Allowance Supplement (CIAS)

Post by Guest Tue 01 Aug 2017, 17:14

Dannypaj wrote:He or she is married, with three dependants and is under the old Pension Act.
Not sure if he rounded it up to $5,000, or with the added allowances it brings it up to this figure, which he clearly stated to me.
I didn't want to pry more, but that is what he said.
Unbelievable.
My father an ex Airborne Sgt-major (31 years) retired and making less, go figure.
PS
Your only military when it serves the military's purpose, besides that your on their criteria if your on duty/ or off duty BS.

100% correct Danny,

Here's a link to prove it: http://www.veterans.gc.ca/pdf/services/disability-pension/Disability-Pension-Rates-2017.pdf

Back to top Go down

Career Impact Allowance (CIA) and the Career Impact Allowance Supplement (CIAS)  - Page 9 Empty Re: Career Impact Allowance (CIA) and the Career Impact Allowance Supplement (CIAS)

Post by Dannypaj Tue 01 Aug 2017, 12:55

He or she is married, with three dependants and is under the old Pension Act.
Not sure if he rounded it up to $5,000, or with the added allowances it brings it up to this figure, which he clearly stated to me.
I didn't want to pry more, but that is what he said.
Unbelievable.
My father an ex Airborne Sgt-major (31 years) retired and making less, go figure.
PS
Your only military when it serves the military's purpose, besides that your on their criteria if your on duty/ or off duty BS.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Aug 2017, 12:09

How did he or she get $5000 I assume, per month from Pension Act tax free for life? It doesnt add up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Tue 01 Aug 2017, 06:48

Comparison:
VETERAN #1 Released just before me and is on the Pensions Act (he attempted suicide while serving). He survived, was medically released and is now receiving over $5,000 tax free dollars the rest  of his life without the BS of ELB, CIA, CIA(s) and whatever else they can throw at you to make it feel as though you're being well looked after.
VETERAN #2 Same release, but under the NVC. Veteran has to apply for ELB, CIA, CIA(s) and which is a long drawn out process that  can take many years (I know). So,if we are all equal and the NVC is much more superior then the PA...well you all better shake your heads bureaucrats.

Which vet has less worries Veteran #1 under the PA, or VETERAN #2 under the NVC?
Rocket science at it's finest.

PS TRUE STOREY

Last edited by Dannypaj on Tue 01 Aug 2017, 06:50; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : TRUE STOREY)
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Jul 2017, 06:11

bog6 wrote:
DEC finally completed, have had EIA for a couple years and now since DEC has finally been approved, CM is trying to get the CIA and supplement instead.

has anyone been in this ship before.

bog

I never heard of anyone having their EIA switched to CIA, in fact I was told it could not be done.

So I would appreciate if you can keep us up to date on your quest to have this changed.

Back to top Go down

Post by bog6 Fri 21 Jul 2017, 20:57

DEC finally completed, have had EIA for a couple years and now since DEC has finally been approved, CM is trying to get the CIA and supplement instead.

has anyone been in this ship before.

bog

bog6
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2017-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by bosn181 Fri 21 Jul 2017, 11:44

as always very well said trooper when i first moved to pei my cm meet me at my home for a visit and kept insisting i go to rehab so i made a deal with her if she approved house cleaning on my vip which they gave me years ago and took away then i would go to rehab which she agreed to

bosn181
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 359
Registration date : 2017-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Jul 2017, 06:11

Personally I have no problem with any rehab program in terms of the program itself, what I do have a problem with is using the rehab program as a prerequisite for obtaining other disability benefits.

No disabled Veteran should be forced into any rehab program for any reason or reasons, the rehab program should always be available for those who wish to participate in it on a voluntary basis.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemo Fri 21 Jul 2017, 01:38

I agree Bigrex. Many vets don't realize the rehab does not have the sole purpose of returning the vet to a job. But most will still not qualify even if permanently disabled and get CPP(D) and or Sisip because they don't meet the following

' the Veteran permanently requires supervision, is severely and permanently limited in mobility or self-care, has conditions such as an amputation or a total and permanent loss of vision or hearing or speech, or a severe and permanent psychiatric condition.'

The CIA is for a select few and has nothing to do with career impact for the vast majority.
Nemo
Nemo
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2010-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Thu 20 Jul 2017, 21:42

the problem is, many Veterans believe that the rehab program, is identical to that of SISIP, and that the only objective is to get the Veteran back into the workforce. This is not true, and VAC has done a piss poor job at getting that information out into the veterans community. The rehab program could be used to approve psychological treatment, massage therapy, service animals, or even schooling for the veteran's spouse, if the Veteran is too disable to work. I've been on the rehab program for several years, and when my wife decided to be retrained, they paid for her to take a 2 year social work program. they then agreed to pay for two follow-up courses to learn Sign Language, simply because it will make her resume stand out once she starts the job search.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Jul 2017, 16:41

If I understand the process. The thing about the CIA is you only qualify if you have an approved Rehab plan developed or completed with VAC. And have been found to have a severe and permanent disability.

I have a friend who has a disability award from 2011 at 70% and receives SISIP LTD. But has not opted for a Rehab plan with VAC. So he is disqualified from CIA/S.

I believe it is a deliberate move by the Feds to deny veterans benefits, unless you follow their cookie cutter system of connect the dots to recovery or the best version of you therein.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Jul 2017, 15:51

nemo wrote:I wish the government would be more honest to the people about this CIA.... Most of us that can't work don't qualify for it. How many did out of the all the disabled?  This system needs a serious revamp.

I agree, the whole system needs a revamp. They can start by getting rid of all those bureaucrats who work on our file. Veterans are being taken advantage of by it's own government and those who work within our file. We do not have a union and pretty much rely on some advocacy and the media to have our concerns heard. But that's about as far as it goes, they are all milking the system making it seem as though what they are doing for disabled Veterans is above and beyond respect in the work they do in providing the New Charter and all the benefits that come with it. Our only option at this point is to educate the public and the media on exactly those sinful tactics they continue to use. They are all laughing at us knowing the scope of disrespect they can get away with, disrespect in the form of putting their self interest ahead of those disabled members who served our Country. Unfortunately this will continue as we can clearly see, it is an ongoing problem for disabled Veterans that will end up not getting the respectful benefits that they all deserve. I'm not one to force my beliefs onto others, but I hope I'm not the only member of this forum who is thinking all of this unfairness that is brought upon us by our government. Nevertheless, regardless of divisions on the subject in question, we still should all be entitled to our opinion, an opinion that should never be forced onto others.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemo Thu 20 Jul 2017, 11:03

The CIA should be across the board. ALL members who are on SISIP or CPP(D) or other program because they have been deemed unable to work, should qualify. But that just ain't so.
Nemo
Nemo
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemo Thu 20 Jul 2017, 11:02

I wish the government would be more honest to the people about this CIA.... Most of us that can't work don't qualify for it. How many did out of the all the disabled? This system needs a serious revamp.
Nemo
Nemo
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Wed 19 Jul 2017, 21:37

Never heard of an earnings capacity assessment tool Vet1234.
Sounds like a MyVac or VaC site math tool.

Only my opinion... but I wouldn't even waste my time.
Perhaps it's helpful to others though.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 17  Next