Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Career Impact Allowance (CIA) and the Career Impact Allowance Supplement (CIAS)

+26
propat
SaintJohn18182
frustrated
xtraforus
Tilap61
Rifleman
Newfie
By the Bay
bog6
Nemo
Rustytheviking
pinger
Teager
bosn181
Armygunner
Cctchevy18
Mike77
Slaket
cosmo12
bigrex
Dannypaj
johnny211
Willie
Vet1234
czerv
30 posters

Page 10 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13 ... 17  Next

Go down

Career Impact Allowance (CIA) and the Career Impact Allowance Supplement (CIAS)  - Page 10 Empty Re: Career Impact Allowance (CIA) and the Career Impact Allowance Supplement (CIAS)

Post by Vet1234 Wed 19 Jul 2017, 21:11

anyone have any info on the "earnings capacity assessment tool" used to determine a veterans earning capacity for calculation of CIA level?
I personally think that if veterans are unable to work at all and TPI/DEC, the earning capacity should be 0%. apparently many vets who had a CIA reassessment in April, who were Unable to work and had over 15 years of time left to serve, were assigned an "earning capacity" of over 33% and moved up only one level.
I would love to see this magical tool and formula that decides a veteran whose doctor says they are unable to work at all, has any earning capacity other than 0%.
anyone??
Vet1234
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2016-07-27

Back to top Go down

Career Impact Allowance (CIA) and the Career Impact Allowance Supplement (CIAS)  - Page 10 Empty Re: Career Impact Allowance (CIA) and the Career Impact Allowance Supplement (CIAS)

Post by Rustytheviking Wed 21 Jun 2017, 11:27

3 weeks from when I put my foot down. I'm not counting the time my cm didn't want to work for me

Rustytheviking
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2017-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 21 Jun 2017, 00:25

Rustytheviking wrote:I was approved dec this past week. I had been fighting my case mangler for the better part of 2 years till I had enough. He felt I didn't deserve, despite not being able to work. Took a whole 3 weeks from start to finish
well not really, sounds more like 2 years 3 weeks

Back to top Go down

Post by Rustytheviking Tue 20 Jun 2017, 23:10

I called the 1-800 number and asked the service person to send me the application package. My cm called a few days later to argue with me. I told him enough, I want to go through the process. He sent a form to my doc, she sent a detailed explanation why I can't work.

Rustytheviking
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by czerv Tue 20 Jun 2017, 20:14

Rustytheviking, could you please shed some light how the process ,assessment for DEC looks like? I will be asking for one soon.

Thanks

czerv
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Rustytheviking Tue 20 Jun 2017, 18:56

I was approved dec this past week. I had been fighting my case mangler for the better part of 2 years till I had enough. He felt I didn't deserve, despite not being able to work. Took a whole 3 weeks from start to finish

Rustytheviking
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Jun 2017, 13:37

"...that's the way the wheel turns with VAC, if they were to approve all applicants, they would put themselves out of work. Nobody's going to knock on your door with any benefits, it is left to the Veteran to apply for the available benefits...."
Having had time to cool down/reflect I see your point about not approving every single application,all I can do is do what the army taught me, watch and shoot.figuratively if not literally.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Jun 2017, 11:18

Vet 1234 ..thats not TRUE ...your still kicking! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 Tue 20 Jun 2017, 10:09

Defer, deny, and then you die.
Vet1234
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2016-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by bosn181 Tue 20 Jun 2017, 08:12

some cm would tell you that you need to wait to see how things go my cm got me to wait two years before making me the new dec but i have friends that pushed back at the cm and got it in just under 1 year and i am sure others even faster they told me they wanted to see if i was able to be retrained with going back to school which i was unable to handle sitting in a classroom for 8 hrs a day everyday if i could i would have just found a job instead not much difference sitting in a classroom 8 hrs a day or working 8 hrs a day in vacs eyes so put in for it and stay on top of them and if your doc says does not recommend returning to work then that would make it easier for your cm to make up there mind

bosn181
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 359
Registration date : 2017-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Jun 2017, 07:15

Worth Repeating:
My advice is to take it one step at a time, don't allow yourself to get to overwhelmed with all the BS associated with applying. We can guide you, or assist you here with any support you may need. Just don't allow the system to get the better of you, stand up for what you are entitled to. When frustration sets in, take a step back and allow yourself the room to recover.
My advice is to take it one step at a time, don't allow yourself to get to overwhelmed with all the BS associated with applying. We can guide you, or assist you here with any support you may need. Just don't allow the system to get the better of you, stand up for what you are entitled to. When frustration sets in, take a step back and allow yourself the room to recover.

Artie: You will be helping others within 12 months! Smile  Most of us have the "Tshirt" from our battle scars and veteran affairs struggles. It a long ways to Tiperary but we made it and you have the choice too. Chose Well !

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Jun 2017, 05:56

Not all CIA applications are denied the first time around. Many have got favorable decisions on their first application. However, the same goes for unfavorable decisions, many have not been successful the first time around. We are all unique in the medical condition or conditions we have, the severity of those conditions. Therefore, it is difficult to assume any outcome in any given application. The bottom line is to get your application filled and sent out, if your approved, that would be great, if not, you need to appeal. Unfortunately that's the way the wheel turns with VAC, if they were to approve all applicants, they would put themselves out of work. Nobody's going to knock on your door with any benefits, it is left to the Veteran to apply for the available benefits. Basically, that's what disabled Veterans have to follow in order to have a chance in receiving the benefits that are available for application. This does add a whole lot of stress to the Veteran, however, the bottom line is you either fight for you are entitled to, or you simply give up and end up with nothing.

Many of Veterans have succeeded in their applications without the assistance of a case manager, something to keep in mind if your not comfortable with case managers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Jun 2017, 00:47

ScottyG wrote:Based on what i read and how i read between the lines. I have little doubt you will be denied! You may have to appeal and battle but if you stick with it you will win.
Artie each and everyone of us has had to stay focused. Seeked info here and dial veteran affairs when ever you dont have clarity about a program or service.

YOU NEED TO KNOW THIS .... THERE HAS BEEN LITERALLY 100'S OF ILL VETERANS IN AND OUT OF HERE SOME IN MUCH WORST SHAPE THAN ANY OF US THAT HAVE SUCCEED.....YOU WILL TOO ....

On a lighter note if you jump through all the hoops America Got Talent needs "Veterans with PTSD that can tap dance" ----since you mentioned you had good arms and legs  Artie  SmileSmile cheers cheers cheers
so for those that succeeded here, is that VAC modus operandi , your first claim is always denied? So they test you to see if you`ve got the patience to do it all again or just put a gun in your mouth?. If that happens they can keep their money, I`m not going to grovel, and to clarify I`ve got two good legs but only 1 good arm, so my hoop climbing isn`t all that good.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Jun 2017, 00:38

Based on what i read and how i read between the lines. I have little doubt you will be denied! You may have to appeal and battle but if you stick with it you will win.
Artie each and everyone of us has had to stay focused. Seeked info here and dial veteran affairs when ever you dont have clarity about a program or service.

YOU NEED TO KNOW THIS .... THERE HAS BEEN LITERALLY 100'S OF ILL VETERANS IN AND OUT OF HERE SOME IN MUCH WORST SHAPE THAN ANY OF US THAT HAVE SUCCEED.....YOU WILL TOO ....

On a lighter note if you jump through all the hoops America Got Talent needs "Veterans with PTSD that can tap dance" ----since you mentioned you had good arms and legs  Artie  SmileSmile cheers cheers cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13 ... 17  Next