Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pension for life new policies are out - check them out!!

+20
Teager
daverobitaille@rogers.com
Crockett
Iceman
MikeCeeGB
Rubicon
Gunner8
Nemo
czerv
umbrella001
Zodiac
bosn181
XMedic
Rifleman
Whodunit
propat
By the Bay
johnny211
bigrex
cosmo12
24 posters

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down

Pension for life new policies are out - check them out!! - Page 9 Empty Re: Pension for life new policies are out - check them out!!

Post by Whodunit Sun 31 Mar 2019, 09:43

Ya - might as well be the lawyer that wrote this up...

Mental Health Definitions - - "Operational Stress Injury (OSI) is any persistent psychological difficulty resulting from operational duties performed while serving in the Canadian Forces (CF) or as a member of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP). It is used to describe a broad range of problems which include diagnosed medical conditions such as anxiety disorders, depression, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) as well as other conditions that may be less severe, but still interfere with daily functioning."

I have to say - when they refer to "broad range of problems" - when referring to Operational Stress Injury, I don't believe mental health is a problem, it's a situation. So telling someone they have a problem, isn't really providing solutions! My opinion only...

This whole thing could be ripped apart, but isn't that what they did with TPI and DEC - just renamed them so it wouldn't sound offensive? Just curious?!

Whodunit
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2019-02-14

Back to top Go down

Pension for life new policies are out - check them out!! - Page 9 Empty Re: Pension for life new policies are out - check them out!!

Post by propat Sun 31 Mar 2019, 08:27

ya this is written worse than usual . it doesn't look to me the criteria has changed a lot this time around but its a hard read . still I think ill be applying for an upgrade on level . they cant take what I have away so I cant really lose .

propat

propat
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2017-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post by By the Bay Sun 31 Mar 2019, 01:16

bigrex wrote:Wow, I thought normal policies were hard to read. But those transitional policies, are damned near impossible to understand, which is likely on purpose.

It's like trying to read Klingon (Star Trek reference).
I have been trying to make sense this sh** for 9 hours. I'm just about to lose my marbles. This is just plain evil and who the heck writes this stuff? Geez reading Shakespeare seems like a walk in the park compared to this gibberish.
My head hurts...
By the Bay
By the Bay
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 305
Registration date : 2013-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sat 30 Mar 2019, 21:33

Yes, they are removing the criteria, that would increase the grade, if you had been released earlier in your career. But I can't see them denying an increase, on review, simply because you served too long, IF you otherwise met the level of disability criteria, for a higher grade. After all, they were supposed to compare the two types of assessment criteria, and award the higher of the two.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Sat 30 Mar 2019, 19:53

Bigrex - Yr thoughts on this one. I’m referring to the new Additional Pain and suffering, the old CIA with 3 levels. If I’m not wrong I think they have removed that stupid amount of yrs off it.
I have heard fm a few brothers that are, like 90% of us at level 3, that we should next wk ask for a review of the level. I am Dec, at 100%, on AA, but at level 3. Thinking of putting in for a review of the level after Monday. Got denied prior due to the yrs in. VVV...
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sat 30 Mar 2019, 14:55

Wow, I thought normal policies were hard to read. But those transitional policies, are damned near impossible to understand, which is likely on purpose.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmo12 Sat 30 Mar 2019, 11:35

cosmo12
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2013-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Fri 29 Mar 2019, 22:41

Do you have a link? They aren't reflected in the Veterans Well Being policies on Justice-lois website.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Pension for life new policies are out - check them out!! - Page 9 Empty Pension for life new policies are out - check them out!!

Post by cosmo12 Fri 29 Mar 2019, 21:42

Cosmo

cosmo12
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2013-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9