Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pension for life new policies are out - check them out!!

+20
Teager
daverobitaille@rogers.com
Crockett
Iceman
MikeCeeGB
Rubicon
Gunner8
Nemo
czerv
umbrella001
Zodiac
bosn181
XMedic
Rifleman
Whodunit
propat
By the Bay
johnny211
bigrex
cosmo12
24 posters

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Pension for life new policies are out - check them out!! - Page 6 Empty Re: Pension for life new policies are out - check them out!!

Post by Guest Mon 01 Apr 2019, 11:31

Well, I got in. I will have to eat crow. I am actually up over $200.00 due to PFL and reduction in taxes because of the CIA being non-taxable.
I am really concerned if CIA Supplement at 65 will be reduced to 70%. If anyone finds out the answer PLEASE post it here.

Back to top Go down

Pension for life new policies are out - check them out!! - Page 6 Empty Re: Pension for life new policies are out - check them out!!

Post by umbrella001 Mon 01 Apr 2019, 11:20

Bruce72 wrote:
umbrella001 wrote:What a joke...called VAC and they said they STILL CANNOT provide the estimate for the PFL for my spouse. The letter from January said to call because they needed more info, I called and they couldn't say what info was needed because they had no idea. Today their answer was the same, they are sending another letter asking for information but the VAC person couldn't decipher from the letter what exactly they were asking for. Of course her go to response was maybe he received an overpayment and that needs to be dealt with...uh no he hasn't, I said don't try and put this on him.

Have you looked on My VAC Account? Maybe there is information on your spouse's PFL on there.

Yes, sorry I should have clarified...I called because online the only thing visible was IRB...

umbrella001
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2017-07-22

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Mon 01 Apr 2019, 11:12

Good luck getting in. I've been sitting here for around 40 minutes, waiting to get in.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 01 Apr 2019, 11:05

Try since 1992 for me, was incapacitated they wouldn't give me benefits because i couldn't and wouldn't put myself threw the pain and suffering to take the rehab and appease them in 2006, the nurse was here for an assessment she knew my condition and injuries didn't matter!
In 2017 they wanted me to take it again i told them to pound salt so they finally gave in and brought me up to par
Because it is infact illegal to with hold benefits from disabled veteran's. Its who you know or who you blow and i don't know Bill and my names not Monica...
SISIP now there was some evil SOBs of CMs back in the day!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 01 Apr 2019, 10:58

umbrella001 wrote:What a joke...called VAC and they said they STILL CANNOT provide the estimate for the PFL for my spouse. The letter from January said to call because they needed more info, I called and they couldn't say what info was needed because they had no idea. Today their answer was the same, they are sending another letter asking for information but the VAC person couldn't decipher from the letter what exactly they were asking for. Of course her go to response was maybe he received an overpayment and that needs to be dealt with...uh no he hasn't, I said don't try and put this on him.

Have you looked on My VAC Account? Maybe there is information on your spouse's PFL on there.

Back to top Go down

Post by umbrella001 Mon 01 Apr 2019, 10:29

What a joke...called VAC and they said they STILL CANNOT provide the estimate for the PFL for my spouse. The letter from January said to call because they needed more info, I called and they couldn't say what info was needed because they had no idea. Today their answer was the same, they are sending another letter asking for information but the VAC person couldn't decipher from the letter what exactly they were asking for. Of course her go to response was maybe he received an overpayment and that needs to be dealt with...uh no he hasn't, I said don't try and put this on him.

umbrella001
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2017-07-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifleman Mon 01 Apr 2019, 10:20

Same here Bruce part of all 3 have been fighting since 2002

Over for now until a new government takes over with all there promises

Rifleman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 01 Apr 2019, 10:06

Wildthing wrote:Bruce thats 46,800 in lost revenue over the past 13 years under pfl.
460k under PA of lost revenue
PA vets are class one veteran's...
NVC vets are all over the board depending on year released and age. Class two veteran's...
PFL vets they are class three veteran's...
Some will just be PFL, some are a combination of two, and some are a combination of all three. And some got a lumpsum a boot in the arse and thanks for coming out.

These are the leaders that are in charge of our country
Incharge of making decisions for Canadians
we should be very concerned and due our due diligence when selecting the next government to recieve the veterans vote!

I'm actually a PA vet, an NVC vet and now a PFL vet.

And its unfortunate that not all vets in a similar situation as mine in terms of disabilities are being compensated at the level vets that straddle all 3 systems receive.

With that being said I tried for a decade to get to a better place and VAC had me do all sorts of things, so it was 10 years before I saw a recommendation for DEC last September from a CM.

I literally exhausted every option and then some. And now I'm just relieved it's over.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 01 Apr 2019, 09:59

Bruce thats 46,800 in lost revenue over the past 13 years under pfl.
460k under PA of lost revenue
PA vets are class one veteran's...
NVC vets are all over the board depending on year released and age. Class two veteran's...
PFL vets they are class three veteran's...
Some will just be PFL, some are a combination of two, and some are a combination of all three. And some got a lumpsum a boot in the arse and thanks for coming out.

These are the leaders that are in charge of our country
Incharge of making decisions for Canadians
we should be very concerned and due our due diligence when selecting the next government to recieve the veterans vote!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 01 Apr 2019, 09:56

My VAC Account is live again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 01 Apr 2019, 09:06

I knew it was bad news when the liberals hired that sisip/manulife lawyer to turn veterans affairs into an insurance company with all the tricks of the trade that goes with it, including aggravating, demoralizing and finding ways to drive veteran's off the deep end with reviews and hoops, intrusion and invasion of privacy till death do us part. I also agree with premier ford for turning back the school system to learning the basics because what ive witnessed from vac is these S O Bs can't add or subtract, multiply or divide if they're life depended on it.
They like to make up rules to suit they're narrative legal or not !!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 01 Apr 2019, 08:32

Wildthing wrote:Another thing i don't understand the older the vet the less they receive, its like age discrimination why should an older vet recive less and younger vets recieve more over their life time than what we were afforded over ours.
If anything it should be the other way around or or at least
Pay us for lost years of revenue dating back to 2006.
Can someone expain this to me as to why those who started NVC in 06 were not backpaid?
Example bruce was 35 back in 06 his pfl is 300 more today.
Vet 35 released last year recieves 900 more today till 85.
Bruce lost 13 years of 300 per month no PA now pfl to try and even the scale but bruce is still out 13 years at 300 per month!

The bottom line is the government really screwed up veterans benefits in 2006. Instead of improving upon the Pension Act, they decided veterans would make even more sacrifices for their country than we already have.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 01 Apr 2019, 08:29

STEELRAIN wrote:Can't log in you would think they would have got that right.4 day shut down. 800 VAC employees went to Ottawa for training. 3-year delay to "get it right dot the eyes" so says Seamus over and over again.  So I waited patiently and here I sit. April the 1st 2019 with an empty promise of an end date. Maybe they meant 12 midnight April the 1st for the information. I call BULLSHIT.

You can call VAC 0830hrs your local time, and they can tell you your financial benefits info. Until My VAC Account comes back online it's our only option.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 01 Apr 2019, 08:01

Can't log in you would think they would have got that right.4 day shut down. 800 VAC employees went to Ottawa for training. 3-year delay to "get it right dot the eyes" so says Seamus over and over again.  So I waited patiently and here I sit. April the 1st 2019 with an empty promise of an end date. Maybe they meant 12 midnight April the 1st for the information. I call BULLSHIT.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 01 Apr 2019, 07:56

Another thing i don't understand the older the vet the less they receive, its like age discrimination why should an older vet recive less and younger vets recieve more over their life time than what we were afforded over ours.
If anything it should be the other way around or or at least
Pay us for lost years of revenue dating back to 2006.
Can someone expain this to me as to why those who started NVC in 06 were not backpaid?
Example bruce was 35 back in 06 his pfl is 300 more today.
Vet 35 released last year recieves 900 more today till 85.
Bruce lost 13 years of 300 per month no PA now pfl to try and even the scale but bruce is still out 13 years at 300 per month!

Last edited by Wildthing on Mon 01 Apr 2019, 08:21; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next