Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Millions and Millions...We paid this law firm minimum of 25-100 million dollar Peter said we got a very very very good deal and our families will be happy!

+4
pteadams2002
Teentitan
peep
bigrex
8 posters

Page 3 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 18  Next

Go down

Millions and Millions...We paid this law firm minimum of 25-100 million dollar Peter said we got a very very very good deal and our families will be happy! - Page 3 Empty Re: Millions and Millions...We paid this law firm minimum of 25-100 million dollar Peter said we got a very very very good deal and our families will be happy!

Post by dennismanuge Fri 28 Dec 2012, 11:05

I only caught the last period so missed all the drama, thank god.

dennismanuge
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2012-12-04

http://leavenovetbehind.ca/home

Back to top Go down

Millions and Millions...We paid this law firm minimum of 25-100 million dollar Peter said we got a very very very good deal and our families will be happy! - Page 3 Empty Re: Millions and Millions...We paid this law firm minimum of 25-100 million dollar Peter said we got a very very very good deal and our families will be happy!

Post by Guest Fri 28 Dec 2012, 11:04

oh yes buds wow that was a spooky one my guts are still turning even though im verry happy with the win.watching russia states now.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by dennismanuge Fri 28 Dec 2012, 10:56

thanks Pro

Did you catch the hockey game this am?

dennismanuge
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Dec 2012, 10:55

ahhhh that is the point dennis well said.now im sure the judge already has a rough bracket in his head and the law firm already has its preposal for the fees already prepared for the judge so all we need is a profesional mind reader and we could figure this out.ive read some of the posts here as what the agreement IS ore what the leagal fees ARE so i know their is a few on this site.in lue of that i gues we will just have to wait till the agreement to come out.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by dennismanuge Fri 28 Dec 2012, 10:41

well said, except for the reality of the final legal fee which you won't know until the settlement proposal is released to you all. The 30% is the start point as Supreme put it, without it there would have been no case. We will see what the actual number is soon, and then you can all offer your opinion, with the knowledge and the facts in hand.

Well said above Supreme.

Dennis

dennismanuge
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Dec 2012, 10:31

I'm baaaaack. And here's the injustice some speak of. The injustice is, regardless whether your a civi or served your country has no bearing in a class action folks. If all of us worked for a subsidiary plant or gm and this occured and a class action was brought forward by a law firm, the EXACT same thing would occur. Regardless of serving your country or not! Contingency fees can reach to 33% or up to 40% but the norm is 30% and it will surprise me to see the judge deny the 30%. UNLESS ALL OF YOU or Dennis for that matter know the legal system ex. Know how to file motions, statement of claim, legal research, memos of law, case law, jurisprudence, continuances, rules of civil procedure, rules of professional conduct as well as an array of other tasks...then 30% isn't a choice. Once you've retained legal counsel, your placing your case in there hands...the lawyers in your case do not pick up a gun to defend our country but you all don't stand in front of a judge and litigate in the court of law. You all aren't goin to change whats been happening for years in the legal system. If one is not qualified to perform in the courts this is what occurs. So bitch as much as you like, some aspects I agree with...but how far would you all be without legal counsel...a team of legal counsel? Ask yourself one important question..."where would we be if we had lost"? You wouldn't be out of pocket for $1. So if you win $1 your ahead of the game right? Sorry and I have big shoulders and can take the flaming but stop your godamn whining and be happy you guys won!

Supreme out!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Dec 2012, 08:28

well said robbie ive been trying to get that point accross for a while.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Dec 2012, 07:49

How about we wait to see the proposal and then hash out numbers and figures way to much number crunching go on with figures that do not exist and if I am correct in my own assumption I forecast a lot higher than the median posting of 60%.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 27 Dec 2012, 17:54

It's like bad medicine , it doesn't taste good or makes you feel good, but you have to take it

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 27 Dec 2012, 17:50

Such a injustice is corrupt and criminal. I haved seen to many vets get screwed over, by civie's that don't give a fuck. I personally cannot let this happen. But we'll see in 10 days.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 27 Dec 2012, 17:45

Doesn't matter, they are lawyers , it's a business's, nobody cares, that's the truth. They did there job and now want to be paid , and yes they deserve a pay check, but not 180000000, no sane person can justified these costs since it did not go to trial, it was negioated, so even half would be fair but we do not live in a fair world. The legal firm will get 30 percent, and most of our payout will go back to the GOC . But the GOC and the law firm will wear this , if its a bad deal and we lose 50 percent or so , how the hell are they going to sell that to everyone? The bottom line this case will be forgotten in time so it won't matter, some people will protest but it will do no good just like everything this will fade into the history books as either the bad sisip deal or the good sisip deal

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 27 Dec 2012, 17:35

Chances are we did get a great deal, a very very very good deal, just means more for them. Realistically we will be handing over more to the lawyers and crown. Remember McInnis Cooper is operated by civie's "Fuck you I'm Okay" is their motto.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 27 Dec 2012, 06:47

lol thanks buds im trying my best robbie but being a caper and all i guess that whole language arts thing aint in my wheelhouse so to speek.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 27 Dec 2012, 06:36

hey propat i want to thank you for your insight here, you have helped a great deal of veterans and your spelling has improved lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 27 Dec 2012, 06:25

red you need to go to my devices and printers and select the correct printer.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 18  Next