Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We need everyone's support "1%4DennisM" Robert L. Barnes, Federal Court, Ottawa, Ontario, K1A 0H9

4 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

We need everyone's support "1%4DennisM" Robert L. Barnes, Federal Court, Ottawa, Ontario, K1A 0H9  - Page 2 Empty Re: We need everyone's support "1%4DennisM" Robert L. Barnes, Federal Court, Ottawa, Ontario, K1A 0H9

Post by Guest Sat 12 Jan 2013, 21:17

sparrow86 wrote:Lastchance and Supreme are men cut from the same cloth. lmfao

Whatever do you mean Sparrow? LMFAO

Back to top Go down

We need everyone's support "1%4DennisM" Robert L. Barnes, Federal Court, Ottawa, Ontario, K1A 0H9  - Page 2 Empty Re: We need everyone's support "1%4DennisM" Robert L. Barnes, Federal Court, Ottawa, Ontario, K1A 0H9

Post by Guest Sat 12 Jan 2013, 21:12

Lastchance and Supreme are men cut from the same cloth. lmfao

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 12 Jan 2013, 21:09

That's what I am getting at, we should stop fighting, take this deal, our lawyers are not stupid, they said this is the most fairest , why would Peter lie?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 12 Jan 2013, 21:07

Navrat wrote:Well lets do it this way then, why should I pay 50000 in legal fees for the same service you guys got and are only paying 6000 for?lets just take the legal fees and divide by the number of claimants, that's fair , right

Lmao...I like your insight Nav.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 12 Jan 2013, 21:05

Nothing is 100 percent fair in life, but this is going to benefit 93 percent of the class, and Peter is not that stupid to come on here and quote numbers that have not been researched up down and sideways

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 12 Jan 2013, 21:04

Folks a consensus has much more power then letters that aren't going to be read. Write away, but many will not be seen. Cold truth. I can't stress this enough. An excellent letter with class members on it holds more weight then letters not read. If you want impact that is. Hey just trying to assist.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 12 Jan 2013, 21:03

Well lets do it this way then, why should I pay 50000 in legal fees for the same service you guys got and are only paying 6000 for?lets just take the legal fees and divide by the number of claimants, that's fair , right

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 12 Jan 2013, 21:00

Anyone who questions this settlement, over legal fees , needs shock therapy ,we all won, it's a great settlement, our lawyers are experts why do we continuily have to question their professional judgement, we hired these guys because none of us,barring supreme , knows anything about the law, period. They worked day and night for 6 months, this is it, the GOC is not, will not, give us more, or change the income tax act or nothing. This is what's on our plate and as our dear mothers used to say , finish it up and yes you still have to eat your peas, on our plate their is alot of good, a little some dislike, but most of it we can live with. Don't be fooled, this deal is good

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 12 Jan 2013, 20:56

I encourage everyone to write and if has no effect on Judge Barnes so be it. It will help you feel you did all you could do. I repeat these letters can be supportive also. Either way I ask you all to individually write.

Knowledge and awareness leads to successful solutions to most problems.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sat 12 Jan 2013, 20:50

Ok Nav. We get it. You like the deal. You like the deal because you have been reinstated, but now don't have to pay anything for those future payments. You don't care if anyone else gets screwed, just as long as you get your money. So please let those of us actually displeased with the proposal, have our say. And of course the GoC lawyers like it, they got away with stealing from disabled Veterans. Our lawyers like it because they still get a 70 million dollar payday. Dennis likes it because his extra cash from the law firm equals 5 times the amount of his clawback.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 12 Jan 2013, 20:49

Supreme i wouldnt for a minute think I have the wisdom the maturity and ability to debate with you. Just something I felt would make a difference. I have received 4-5 well written emails to my box here and I will forward them as asked. Sometimes we have to follow .....

Last edited by Lastchanceforfairness on Sat 12 Jan 2013, 20:50; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 12 Jan 2013, 20:43

Navrat if I ever need a lawyer, Nevermind, if i ever need a court jester, Nevermind, if I ever need a beer, Nevermind, if I ever need shock therapy I will attend the Hamilton Legion and listen to your love affairs!

In advance of all this i will need booze, humor and therapy can you provide?

Back to top Go down

Post by meathead Sat 12 Jan 2013, 20:42

Something to consider. Before the class action we were getting nothing, Now I am.
Before the class action SISIP had clawed back approx $100,000.00 of my funds. So simple math If I only get back $10.00 of what is owed to me I still win. Why you ask .Prior to Dennis starting all of this and Peter winning. I, Just like all of you had nothing..Do we like the taxes NO. Do we like the lawyer fees NO. But if you start with nothing and end up with $10.00 you are still ahead something from nothing is a win.
Tom

meathead
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2012-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 12 Jan 2013, 20:41

Lastchanceforfairness wrote:I am amazed you would predict how a judge may conduct his private time. It would not overly shock me he has already looked in.

I amazed at how much you do not know regarding judges and the spare time they have. Do you know how long it even takes to write out a decision, reference case law, reference other judges words ( jurisprudence) oh and the various acts of legislation. And the Sisip Class action isn't the one an only case J Barnes has. Go onto Canlii and search J Barnes. Hey sisip isn't the only case he's done or working on? How about that!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 12 Jan 2013, 20:35

Judge Will look at whole deal, the GOC lawyers think is a good deal , Peter thinks its a good, and NavRat thinks it's a sweet deal, it's a done deal, the 93 percent will succeed , the only way and most fair, sorry, in life sometimes you have to tell the truth,sometimes little Jimmie can't go to Harvard, sometimes Sally wouldn't meet Prince Charming and yes, sometimes the legion closes!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next