Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We need everyone's support "1%4DennisM" Robert L. Barnes, Federal Court, Ottawa, Ontario, K1A 0H9

4 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

We need everyone's support "1%4DennisM" Robert L. Barnes, Federal Court, Ottawa, Ontario, K1A 0H9  - Page 3 Empty Re: We need everyone's support "1%4DennisM" Robert L. Barnes, Federal Court, Ottawa, Ontario, K1A 0H9

Post by Guest Sat 12 Jan 2013, 20:31

I just want to him to hear from all of us. Like impact statements in advance of his decision.

Back to top Go down

We need everyone's support "1%4DennisM" Robert L. Barnes, Federal Court, Ottawa, Ontario, K1A 0H9  - Page 3 Empty Re: We need everyone's support "1%4DennisM" Robert L. Barnes, Federal Court, Ottawa, Ontario, K1A 0H9

Post by Guest Sat 12 Jan 2013, 20:27

I am amazed you would predict how a judge may conduct his private time. It would not overly shock me he has already looked in.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 12 Jan 2013, 20:25

There is no decision , he accepts or rejects, if he rejects we are all fucked! That's the truth

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 12 Jan 2013, 20:23

Letters to the judge I fully agree with. But asking the judge to come onto a Veterans forum, in my opinion wouldn't be wise unless Teen deleted some. As well the judge will read impact statements but I guarantee he will not read past 3-5 statements. Not 20 to 4 or 6000. He will read a few at best. What should be done is elect 2-3 smart well versed veterans to write a letter each, have the names of the people of the class on the letters a for agreeing to the letters, not signatures as that would be impossible. Let me no what you think of this

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 12 Jan 2013, 20:17

Be positive its is likely a long shot Supreme but it isnt a lot of work to forward letters and pay a visit. So why not! I love ottawa too great history museums and food! Very Happy

Hard to disagree with a legal expert. But you cared enough to come here Supreme and even set up an additional web site to help us. Peter came here often and helped out. Anita and Kristine monitored this site for months. Dan checked it out. I am sure Sisip and Vet affairs and other depts were curious.

If Judge Barnes is allow by law I would suggest he may be curious enough if asked to take a peek. Especially if its supported my a number of well written letters and me personally arriving at his court house.
Justice Barnes gut Instincts,data and knowledge will guide his decision. Lets help him with that knowledge!

Last edited by Lastchanceforfairness on Sat 12 Jan 2013, 20:24; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 12 Jan 2013, 20:07

well you do have a verry verry good point suppream.however he may be a verry understanding person and maybe understand we are not gods but merly human with all the faults that that entails.that just make me more human than anyone lol.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 12 Jan 2013, 19:59

Sorry but:

1. No judge is going to go onto a forum and read Veterans posts.
2. Would you really want a judge to come on here and read alot of poor comments as well?

Bad idea even asking that. Sorry but a judge will not like to see some of the comments put on Csat. It will hurt you more then help.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 12 Jan 2013, 19:55

We all have one last chance to tell Justice Barnes exactly how we feel. Write him and tell him your feelings it cant hurt. Great decisions come from well informed leaders.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 12 Jan 2013, 18:01

I am hoping for the best, prepared for the worst and unsurprised by anything in between. I say we move forward with the proposed settlement.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 12 Jan 2013, 16:47

To the Honorable Judge Barnes

RE: Tax Nuetrality

It is of my opinion that Tax Nuetrality for all the class has not been fairly achieved.
However it could have been 100% achieved had the proposal include a provision that the CRA would not apply the Deemed tax portion on QRLSP tax returns, and only assess the revised taxes owing for those Retroactive years. And eliminated to Notional tax top up.

The GOC fought this case unjustly, prolonged it, and created this Tax mess we will all face soon. the GOC needs to make this right with our Vets, and do the right thing, If not, they will be unjustly rewarded when tax season comes with enormous deemed tax revenues from Veterans Retroactive payments .

I will submit supporting evidence to back up this letter in a future letter to you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 12 Jan 2013, 16:21

Propat thank you for sharing this with us and yes we are beyond blessed to be a Canadian.
Sparrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 12 Jan 2013, 14:18

The best interest of the class 93%.
This must be out to lunch i no i said no negative comments but this is totally miss leading and inaccurate in dec they found 250 vets and didnt have a clue how many vets were effected know they know everyone hard to believe.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 12 Jan 2013, 13:45

oh crap im really gona hate this but here it goes.

dear judge barns

pleas accept this deal.

i have some conserns but i will only bring up one as it is in my oppinion the moast important to the class and acctually emotionally effects me in a way.it is the issue of paying tax penelties.i dont know what to call them to you as the lawyers prefer the term interest and the CRA prefer the term deemed tax but by penelties this is what im refering to.sorry sir ive done 20 years in the infantry so im a fighter not a writer.

sir it is my belife that a GOC representitive (CDS) set a policy witch illegally clawed back our money thus even if we could fortell the future kept us from paying our tax either on time ore in advance as the CRA would not accept them.in these tax penelties the GOC will profit from their illegal activities.now im obviously no lawyer so wether profiting from illegal activities is leagal in canada ore not but i do know right from wrong and if it is not illegal it ought to be but in either case its wrong.

sir i swore a long time ago i would never complain about tax again witch i have broken when i though we may be paying tax penelties on money that was stolen from us.breaking that oath kills me more than you could know but ill spill my guts a little here so you may have some idea.pleas sir feel free to pass on the next part if you dont think its important to know why i hate to complain about tax.it will be a painfull read but trust me its probably a littli more painfull to write.

in some other country shortly after the gst came into effect with much complaint and anger.our section was on a hill overlooking a town called srebenica.we were having some admin problems at the time so we hadent really eaten in a couple of days but we had some watter and a boatload of ammunition so a little under the weather but ok.a few of us were behind a rock pile getting some midmorning sun.the locals were down by the river doing their daly buissiness either reliving themselves washing their laundry ore collecting their cooking and drinking watter without any apparent thought ore consern of witch way was upstream ore down.so while we were watching them two bodies came floating down the river maybe 8-10 meters apart.their was no reaction from the locals as they floated by aside from a quick glance and none by us.i started to think shouldnt i be feeling something about this and then boom i was gone.for a second i was home using real toilet paper eating a steak sleeping in a real bed walking down the street without a wepon ore flack jacket ore helmet and with that truely free feling that i didnt need them.then boom i was back fighting back tears and the urge to throw up the watter in my gut.and soon i was fully back not feeling a thing about anything right where i needed to be.i looked at the boys smiled and pointed down the hill and said thank god for the GST.they all laughed at that and joked yup not gonna complain about that anymore.thats when i swore ill never complain about tax again.so you see sir i dont know if i understand the reason we pay tax any better than anyone elce.but standing on that hill that day looking down on that and kind of beeing home at the same time i think i truly do understand why we do.

this is why it is so hard for me to ask these questions of you.

pleas sir if it is in your power to issue an order to the CRA to not charge this class the tax penelties it would be appriciated more than you know.

pleas sir if you cannot issue an order and you agree that the tax penelties are unfair and of course you are allowed to do so could you as a favor to the class issue a quick brief to the class through our law firm to be destibuted to the class for our RC4288 E (11) forms that would be greatly appriciated.

thank you sir for listening and all your service to the laws of this great nation as the laws we have are what makes what we are.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 12 Jan 2013, 11:06

I think Lastchanceatfairness and Propat on another thread regarding Deemed Taxes (QRLSP) are suggesting that if we want to find a loophole within the existing settlement package we may well have an opportunity to do so within the CRA parameters. I am not experienced in matters of Revenue Canada hence I have H and R Block do them Very Happy but if anyone can shed some light would be beneficial. Sparrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next