Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CPP Disability and Undue Hardship Applications in Response To Sisip LTD

4 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

CPP Disability and Undue Hardship Applications in Response To Sisip LTD  - Page 2 Empty Re: CPP Disability and Undue Hardship Applications in Response To Sisip LTD

Post by Guest Thu 17 Jan 2013, 19:43

Redfisher it definitely matters. When I recd my 1187 dollars per month (gross) on CPPD my military pension was reduced approx 600 (gross) so i came out on top by approx. 587 dollars and I still did not max out on SISIP. With the clawback I was getting 88 dollars per month SISIP and now it is in excess of 1500 (gross)

Back to top Go down

CPP Disability and Undue Hardship Applications in Response To Sisip LTD  - Page 2 Empty Re: CPP Disability and Undue Hardship Applications in Response To Sisip LTD

Post by Guest Thu 17 Jan 2013, 19:12

redfisher it all comes down to your cpp calculations when you hit 65.your level is frosen once you are approved for cppd.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Jan 2013, 18:48

Seriously what is the point of applying for CPPD if SISIP is going to clawback that money back?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Jan 2013, 17:32

Seaboxer, agree fully with your post and excellent advice. I also am on CPPD and had to sit and write narratives that made me feel less of a man.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Jan 2013, 13:31

I guess it all depends on whose desk your application goes across, #1 and #2 were done by my noodle doc, and they were turned down, #3 was done by my GP and accepted.

So, in the big picture, get it from both your noodle doc and GP and then submit it. Cover all avenues.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Jan 2013, 13:12

Nice to meet you Tara and also great advice as well for us to learn from.

sparrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Jan 2013, 13:07

I haven't posted very often but thought I would chime in with some insight to the process. CanadianInfidel is absolutely correct in that the more information that is sent in with the intial application as well as to make sure that any personal narrative details how your life has been affected with the disability(s) being claimed. It is not good enough to write, "Because of my PTSD I have Panic Attacks and don't like to go out." You need to write "that as a result of your PTSD you suffer Panic Attacks which prevent you from going out & participating in normal family activities e.g. shopping, going to movies, public parks etc etc. This causes a great deal of stress on my spouse and children as I am present but not a functioning member of the family."I know it goes against everything that we as veterans were taught while in, which was don't talk about personal issues/injuries but with CPP(D) & VAC it is crucial that applicants forget the stiff upper lip and explain how their lives truly are as a result of their injuries. I applied for CPP(D) in March 2010 and was approved on the intial application. Did it suck writing/ documenting what my injuries have cost me? Absolutely, but it felt a lot better when my application was approved on the intial filing.
If it is too hard for you to write (physically, mentally, emotionally), talk to someone you trust who can write for you, then you are not losing 25-30% of any retro. Also, even though the application says GP or whoever writes the prescriptions etc to complete the Medical portion, if you see a Therapist/Psychologist, have them do it, because that is who CPP wants to hear from, the person who really knows you & your disability. They sent my husband's app back and asked for him to have his Psychologist include a letter, then it was approved with no problems, so when I applied for myself 7 years later, having this knowledge I went right to my Psychologist vice GP. Hope this helps and fwiw I have no issues with helping anyone with the process, believe in paying it forward, the way it was for me.

Cheers, Tara

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Jan 2013, 10:20

Yes because it takes the focus away from it only being only about me to being about WE. Cheers

sparrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Jan 2013, 10:15

Thank you,

It's great to have a voice and be part of a bigger movement.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Jan 2013, 10:08

Yes true. Research and the Better Business Bureau is an excellent place to start. As in this Sisip case, sometimes to move forward in benefits one must pay a fee. As the lawyer said, 100% of nothing is nothing so I would rather have a little less, than have nothing. Thanks again. Welcome to Csat too.

Sparrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Jan 2013, 10:06

Ability Tax group is one company I know of. There are many out there. Be vigilant though. Some will take advantage. Check with the Better Business Bureau if in doubt. Most though are legit. But 20-25% is steep when you're looking at getting $30,000.00 back.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Jan 2013, 10:06

Thank you Canadianinfidel.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Jan 2013, 10:04

If you shop on the web, you can find companies that will charge you less than 20%, but will require an administration fee. You can apply yourself and keep all that is owed to you. You must remain persistent in your plight. Do not waiver, or settle for less. YOU were released from the CF because YOU have been deemed by higher to be no longer effective due to medical limitations, which in civi street, makes you disabled. Therefore, GOC and the CRA should respect your application for disability tax credit.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Jan 2013, 09:58

Thank you Canadian, it is very helpful information and I am sure many would not know of it like myself. Would you be able to provide a name for this Advocacy Group? Cheers and thank you again.

Sparrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Jan 2013, 09:55

Hi Sparrow,

In regards to your last, it's a one time fee paid after you win. CRA will either send you a check, or deposit into your account, at which time, the company which represented your case will receive a letter from CRA explaining your winnings. Then you will be billed 20 to 25%. Some of us out here can claim up to $30,000.00 minus 20% if you chose to be represented. CRA will go as far back as 10 years in retro for disability tax credit. All depends when you were diagnosed with your medical issues.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next