Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CPP Disability and Undue Hardship Applications in Response To Sisip LTD

4 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

CPP Disability and Undue Hardship Applications in Response To Sisip LTD  - Page 4 Empty Re: CPP Disability and Undue Hardship Applications in Response To Sisip LTD

Post by Wife of a Veteran Wed 16 Jan 2013, 18:26

Last edited by Wife of a Veteran on Fri 08 Mar 2013, 20:37; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : .)

Wife of a Veteran
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2012-09-28

Back to top Go down

CPP Disability and Undue Hardship Applications in Response To Sisip LTD  - Page 4 Empty Re: CPP Disability and Undue Hardship Applications in Response To Sisip LTD

Post by Guest Wed 16 Jan 2013, 18:24

Thank you very much for that 6608. I also propat will do as you plan on if we do not have any further directives from McInness Cooper on the matter. My understanding from Peter was we were on our own with the Undue Hardship applications so I suspect we will go it solo.

Last edited by Sparrow186 on Wed 16 Jan 2013, 18:36; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by 6608 Wed 16 Jan 2013, 18:10

Here is a link to the taxpayer relief Provisions

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/E/pub/tp/ic07-1/ic07-1-07e.pdf

cheers
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 337
Registration date : 2012-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Jan 2013, 18:07

well if nothing elce comes up before this deal is done my plan is to download the PDF off the CRA website fill it out and send it in with a copy of my worksheet and a copy of the decission.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Jan 2013, 17:50

Propat, the Service Canada rep had never heard of this form before nor did she have any understanding of the reasonings behind the application or how to proceed with one. I am still unsure what steps to take and at what point to take those steps to apply for this Undue Hardship for tax relief.

Sparrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Jan 2013, 17:48

ya sparrow i called three times on the RC4288 e 11 and got now answers at all.hmmmm

propat

Back to top Go down

CPP Disability and Undue Hardship Applications in Response To Sisip LTD  - Page 4 Empty CPP Disability and Undue Hardship Applications in Response To Sisip LTD

Post by Guest Wed 16 Jan 2013, 17:12

I went to Service Canada today to inquire on two issues that have stemmed from the Class Action suit and implications with Sisip for LTD payments.
First being, the rules for applying for CPP Disability. which is outlined below in the questionairre and notations on Service Canada's Website.

The See if this benefit is for you.

Answer yes or no to these three statements

1. I am under 65 years of age.

Yes No

2. I stopped working because of my medical condition.

Yes No

3. When I was working, I paid into the CPP for at least four of the last six years.

Yes No

OR
I paid into the CPP for at least 25 years and made valid contributions to the Plan in three of the last six years.

If you answered 'yes' to each of the three statements, you may be able to get a CPP disability benefit. If you answered 'no' to one or more of the statements, it is less likely that you will qualify for a benefit, but there may be some exceptions in your case which can help you qualify.

So based on this publication from CRA. Many veterans including my spouse who has been released 7 years now from the service and unless an exception is made on his CPP D application, it would appear that he would be disqualified and I would summize many will be in this predicament.

Here are the list of exceptions on CRA website.

•I stayed at home and raised my children
•I applied too late for a CPP disability benefit
•I am separated or divorced
•I lived and worked in another country
•I was physically or mentally unable to apply

The other CRA application I inquired on was "Undue Hardships" application. The Service Canada representative had no info or knowledge of such an application however with further looking on their website I located a form called REQUEST FOR TAXPAYER RELIEF RC4288 E (11)

Hope this is useful info.

Sparrow

Last edited by Sparrow186 on Thu 17 Jan 2013, 09:30; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4