Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CPP Disability and Undue Hardship Applications in Response To Sisip LTD

4 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

CPP Disability and Undue Hardship Applications in Response To Sisip LTD  - Page 3 Empty Re: CPP Disability and Undue Hardship Applications in Response To Sisip LTD

Post by Guest Thu 17 Jan 2013, 09:42

Good advice Canadianinfidel. Wondering how the advocacy group garnish those fee's. Is it one time fee or going forward fees that include CPP D monthly payments?

Sparrow

Back to top Go down

CPP Disability and Undue Hardship Applications in Response To Sisip LTD  - Page 3 Empty Re: CPP Disability and Undue Hardship Applications in Response To Sisip LTD

Post by Guest Thu 17 Jan 2013, 09:39

I was told that 90% of applicants to CCP-D will be rejected on their first initial application. What you need to do is re-submit the application with more letters supporting your disability, reasons for medically released from CF, and a letter from yourself stating the personal struggles and impact it has caused you (quality of life). If all else fails, you can always resort to an outside advocacy group which will represent your case to the CRA on your behalf. Catch is, it comes at a price. 20-25% fee if successful. Nothing if denied.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Jan 2013, 09:37

Yes I agree DCHD, perhaps that should have been explained to us on our "Release With Dignity" seminars. Furthermore, vets who were not approved LTD beyond the 2 years are going to be in the same position going forward in terms of years released/unemployed. This is a giant rabbit hole for us and an out for Sisip to not approve TPI. Please reapply DCHD, you can not give up the fight for your benefits. Cite the exceptions this time and expand on the explanations as to why. Hoping for the best for you.

Sparrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Jan 2013, 09:32

I applied after been told by SISIP i had to apply to keep my SISIP LTD So i did.

Everyone of us would apply late because we have to do the 2 years first. therefore being under the 4 years of paying CPP.

I see so not knowing i should of applied when i was released.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Jan 2013, 09:23

DCHD, these are the exceptions that Revenue Canada will consider when applying for CPP D.

•I stayed at home and raised my children
•I applied too late for a CPP disability benefit
•I am separated or divorced
•I lived and worked in another country
•I was physically or mentally unable to apply

You can select all or any combination of these exceptions that fit your criteria. My first thought is the second and last exception may apply for you but there could be more exceptions as I don't know your scenerio. I think you may want to reapply and get further documentation and personal input to support any of the exceptions that you feel apply to you.
Hope this helps.

Sparrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Jan 2013, 09:19

Sabrelove, I am saddened that your husband was not approved. Perhaps if a doctor could write a letter in reference to inability to working and being medicated etc. It could be just my naivety speaking but I believe all veterans of the Canadian Armed Forces and RCMP who are released for medical reasons should be given an automatic approval for CPP D. It is the least that the Canadian Government could do.

Sparrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Jan 2013, 09:17

Thanks sparrow/ Lori i beleive you mean by the excepts being the 3 questions above? Or make my medical issue more detailed?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Jan 2013, 09:14

I here you sabre

Most of us can drive but very painful to do so and i guess they just want to take away one more thing we can do and sit at home and rot.

And yes the meds make it very hard to plan things my wife does most of the driving now she don't trust me.

I sit in the back while my dog gets a panoramic view

JK it hasn't come to that yet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Jan 2013, 09:10

DCHD I don't believe that to be the reason because the Service Canada rep explained to me that the "years paid" into CPP is a guideline only and that there are exceptions to the CPP D that you can attach to your application. I posted those exceptions. It is clear to me that you contributed to CPP well in excess years so that would not be an issue. Did you include any "exceptions" as stated in your application? I have read that individuals applying for CPP D is not unlike DVA applications being denied. You may want to conside reapplying and adding documentation in regards to the exceptions. Let me know if you need more assistance DCHD or if I did not explain well. Take care.

Sparrow

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrelove Thu 17 Jan 2013, 09:05

My hubby was directed to apply for CPP after he released 14 years ago, he was denied but I can't remember why. Then he was directed to apply again 2 years ago. CPP D was denied because according to his medical reports, he can drive, therefore he is not totally disabled. However, he can't get a job driving because he can't sit for a whole day. If I was an employer, I wouldn't hire him based on his meds! I wouldn't accept that liability.

sabrelove
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2012-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Jan 2013, 08:57

No i did 26 years with the CF and released in Apr 2010. And have not worked since
Then 2 years i was topped up then place on LTD with SISIP after the 2 years.

They said i have to apply for CPPD so i did a few months after that so they would have got my application after about 2 1/2 years of been out of the Forces so that would be less than 4 years of paying into CPP correct.

I was denied CPPD

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Jan 2013, 08:48

DCHD, just so I am clear on your question about CPP D. Are you saying that you had paid into CPP less than 4 years in total years combined with all previous jobs including the military? I await your reply to give my thoughts.
Take care.
Sparrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Jan 2013, 08:43

Sparrow i don't remember all the part of my CPPD application but i was yes to all 3 question but was denied CPPD but was approved LTD thur SISIP after my 2 year 75% top up?

So when they got the application for CPPD it would have been less than 4 years paying into CPP so maybe for this reason I may have been denied??

Thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Jan 2013, 18:35

Yes propat. Got to try.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Jan 2013, 18:32

hey ya gotta try right.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next