Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dennis my friend , can you " The Lead Plaintiff " take a stand for " The Class " Feb . 14 /15 & " VOICE OUR CONCERNS " ? Nothing to lose , Right ? Justice Barnes will give " You " the Floor

+2
bigrex
dennismanuge
6 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Dennis my friend , can you " The Lead Plaintiff "  take a stand for " The Class "  Feb . 14 /15 &  "  VOICE  OUR  CONCERNS "  ?  Nothing to lose , Right ?  Justice Barnes will  give " You "  the Floor - Page 4 Empty Re: Dennis my friend , can you " The Lead Plaintiff " take a stand for " The Class " Feb . 14 /15 & " VOICE OUR CONCERNS " ? Nothing to lose , Right ? Justice Barnes will give " You " the Floor

Post by Guest Mon 28 Jan 2013, 20:22

AntiHero wrote:I believe Dennis was a great voice for us veterans, and us zero sum were the most effected and I thank him for being there for us and he definitely deserves to be paid. You can't charge fees on a on a go forward basis , once they stopped this policy that's it, it's not like the lawyers get my future sisip payments in trust, I still have to qualify for them, if I don't , I don't get them. I hope the legal fees are lowered but if not its still a good deal

Ah, ha! But they are. Globally, legal fees are 7.5%, but we also have to pay an additional 'hidden' 7.5% on the monies that are forecasted to be paid out in the future. How is THAT fair?

Back to top Go down

Dennis my friend , can you " The Lead Plaintiff "  take a stand for " The Class "  Feb . 14 /15 &  "  VOICE  OUR  CONCERNS "  ?  Nothing to lose , Right ?  Justice Barnes will  give " You "  the Floor - Page 4 Empty Re: Dennis my friend , can you " The Lead Plaintiff " take a stand for " The Class " Feb . 14 /15 & " VOICE OUR CONCERNS " ? Nothing to lose , Right ? Justice Barnes will give " You " the Floor

Post by Guest Mon 28 Jan 2013, 20:17

will defeatist no realist yes.i dont know you but i think i know a little how you think.both of these leagal teams did a risk assesment before negotiations started.since we have an agreement they both had them met.i did the same without using up half an hour simply put.can we get more if we push this?fore shure.will we pay more in leagal?fore sure.would the difference be a positive one?probably a little.is that worth another two years?my answer was no.maybe you didnt do it overtly but in the back of your head i bet you did.so now we have to deal with the fallout hopefully we can share ideas on here about how to do this without peeps assuming we are attacking dennis the leagal team ore the deal.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Jan 2013, 19:43

Hi sparrow, hope all is well. Try not to get too stressed , its just not worth it. We all know you were only asking valid questions regarding Undue Hardship and nothing else. Whatever my thoughts are on this agreement (and yes I have many) there is one and only one fact that is important. By not opting out of the class i gave MC the right to argue for me and get the best deal THEY could. I really don't think any other lawfirm would have done any better or any worse. At this point all i can really do is wait for my settlement and try to stickhandle around the taxman best I can. Today was the first day i emailed MC with a very valid question. I recd an auto reply form letter that was published 3 months ago. Again, i expected no more and no less from a law firm they are all the same. Even though I am paying approx 30,000 in legal fees from my settlement i now have to hire another lawyer to get my question answered and so I have an appt tomorrow. Do i sound defeatist? Possibly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Jan 2013, 19:24

And you guys want the judge to read this, hopefully he doesn't raise the legal fees back up to 30 percent with all the bitching. Hello Sparrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Jan 2013, 19:00

i am paying 60 grand in fees..... i was expecting about 100000 . but since lawyers asking less than 30 % i will agree with what they certainly deserve.... if they want 17.83 very happy to give it to them for my part.... other people getting extra money every month with a retro should pay there own part of 17.83

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Mon 28 Jan 2013, 18:52

Mfors222, the 30% agreed to by Dennis did not constitute a legally binding contract. It was merely a stop gap because they needed to have a contingency fee in the agreement. Even the lawyers admit that the final say is up to the judge, and he could say they earned 2% for fees. Hey, but if you want to give up 30%, I'm sure Peter won't mind you sending him a personal cheque to cover the difference
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Jan 2013, 18:42

i stated before i did not mean to put sparrow down... i mean to put recon who started this thread.... i dont know why i put sparrow down but mistake my side once again sorry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Jan 2013, 18:40

sorry bug out, heat of the moment i put sparrow down instead of recon... I WANT TO HEAR MORE BITCHING ABOUT LAWYER FEES>>> please let me hear more

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Jan 2013, 18:38

mfors2222, you have every right to express your feelings and frustrations but under no circumstances do you have the right to bring up past guests names when they are not here to defend themselves or better yet have proof to back up those accussations. I can overlook error but not malice.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Jan 2013, 18:35

i am just fed up with all the people who want to back out from original agreement about lawyer fees

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Jan 2013, 18:34

mfors2222, are you a moron? I am not and have not asked Dennis to do anything at the hearing. You are confusing me with someone else and again show me where it states what you say. You can not go around making accussations on a forum against another person without any truth behind it. Again a serious situation which I have had more than my share of lately and will not stand for it anymore.

Last edited by Bug Out on Mon 28 Jan 2013, 18:37; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Mon 28 Jan 2013, 18:33

MFORs, your first grade logic fails you. If Dennis lived by your saying, he would not have started the lawsuit. So standing up and demanding what is right is only OK when you say it is?
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Jan 2013, 18:32

propat your right, i mean recon. sparrow sorry for mix up... i been reading everything since july... i did edit my last regarding ask the lawyer i meant judge

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum