Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Be re-assure, I will not Appeal -- Soyez rassurés, je ne ferrai pas appel.

3 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Be re-assure, I will not Appeal -- Soyez rassurés, je ne ferrai pas appel.  Empty Re: Be re-assure, I will not Appeal -- Soyez rassurés, je ne ferrai pas appel.

Post by Rags Fri 08 Feb 2013, 17:41

Im Guns

I have edited out the word GIFT it is I agree a poor choice of words, It was just the first thing that came to me and kinda was an easy explanation of what I was talking about. So for you LMFAO i have removed it. The rest of my points still stand.

Rags
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 792
Registration date : 2013-01-06

Back to top Go down

Be re-assure, I will not Appeal -- Soyez rassurés, je ne ferrai pas appel.  Empty Re: Be re-assure, I will not Appeal -- Soyez rassurés, je ne ferrai pas appel.

Post by Guest Fri 08 Feb 2013, 17:29

I would never give out personal private info here or in a PM...This area is like a pac of wolves. As for knowing you if you were a Patricia then I believe you are the Rags that I know. If not then I stand corrected.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags Fri 08 Feb 2013, 17:20

LMFAO
This statement just proves you did not read what I said you did not understand just jumped because you thought...looking for a fight you were.
LMAO said
"GIFT yes that is the word that sent me off...GIFT yes it was a gift to be injured it was a GIFT to loose my career yes it was a FUCKING GIFT...... 21 years and at the TOP of my trade and game and you call it a SISIP Gift, well this so called GIFT save me and my family for 24 month while I regroup and didnt have to declare Bankrupy all the while looking after my family......GIFT ya what a fuck GIFT."

I actually told you I would take back the word Gift if it offended you it may have been a poor choice of words. The key point is that the 2 years I was talking about is not about people who are injured it was about the SISIP payment of 2 years of LTD when the person was not disabled just medical release for non injury. The 2 years was never legally in the cards for SISIP to pay out they choose to start in 99 due to the heat they were feeling from the disabled vets who were going to court to get claw back ended. Those were the wounded vets from war pre 99. SISIP decide to just give everyone who released medically, injured or not the SISIP LTD, they just did a blanket payout. Call it what you want but it would appear to be a nice thing (thing rather then gift) they did that they did not have to.
If you were injured and medically released then you would not be the point I was setting. Read a little more ask a question before you jump on people when you are wrong.
I see you did not PM me to chat and exchange who you are.....tells me something. I hope you go to Halifax to support the team maybe then we can chat face to face and come to a better understanding.

Maybe we can agree one thing that we should leave no vet behind.

Last edited by Rags on Fri 08 Feb 2013, 17:27; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : last line)

Rags
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 792
Registration date : 2013-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 08 Feb 2013, 17:01

true that georges.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 08 Feb 2013, 16:57

I trynot o get emotional, bamed hard! when it is that close to the heart (and walet). At least we still have to will to win!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 08 Feb 2013, 16:39

georges i know exactly how that is buds this crap gets to us all every now and again.ya know what i do when discussions on this clawback stress me out.i get off think for a few moments about all dennis had to go through and then i realize boys i aint got no reason to be stressed.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 08 Feb 2013, 16:26

LMFAO, we have been bouncing your conserns back and forth here for weeks, unfortunatly the only anwer we have found is right to the judge. If done good if not, sorry it's to late. Please do not get pissed at the odd rage remarkes, I to let my brain go into overdrive some times. Stress is takng it's toll on many, this ordeal is as bad as living an artilary barage!!!! Have a good day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 08 Feb 2013, 16:20

I can live with that propat. Unfortunatly some have lost the all for one and one for all method of thincking, It's lik going togroup therapy and comparing old scares and having the worst story to tell. Reading the post makes me realise that some of us have lost themselves and forgot to stay in the loop for many years. Be polite, we re exchanging idles, frustrations and pain. I know I slipe here and then, but I do apolegies when I am prooven rong or some times realise I was a ass hole.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 08 Feb 2013, 16:18

My time for being politically correct left me the day I was released medically from the military. Yes everyone has an opinion but if your going to put it out there expect a responce.... and it might not be the warm and fuzzy one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 08 Feb 2013, 16:12

i think we can all have different point of view without resorting to attacks.we are all different in different situations and no ones oppinion is any more right ore wrong than the next ones.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 08 Feb 2013, 16:11

OK, 24 months will loose in a maner, LTD guys pay over due taxes, well all paid fees. Botom line, we all loose something WE NEVER HAD! Bieying the specials with moneywe aint got.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Fri 08 Feb 2013, 16:08

Well, The 24 month guys are not getting a gift, we have earned what we were owed. Sure, some of the 24 month guys may not be seriously, or even moderately disabled, and may have been able to find work immediately after being medically released, but there are others, like myself that were not deemed permanently disabled by SISIP, regardless of medical evidence to the contrary. I know some guys with PTSD that were told that even though it takes medication to get up the nerve to leave their homes, they could take the meds and find a job, because they were physically capable of working. But those 24 month guys are having to pay higher percentage wise when compared to their overall award, since their return is a finite amount. This also includes those members who are totally disabled / zero sum clients, but have turned 65 since being released. Basically, every class member who is not entitled to future payments will have to carry a heavier burden for the legal fees, if the legal fees are paid in accordance to the proposal.

Ie: Two Veterans are released in 2006 and each will get $2000/month from SISIP after all other deductions. One is totally disabled and gets CPP(D), but the other one served longer and received a CF pension, but is not deemed totally disabled. The 24 month Veteran will get $48000 - 17.83% ($8600), the totally disabled Vet will get $144000 in retro, so his 17.83% will be over $25600. But if he is able to collect SISIP for another 10 years, he will earn another $240000. Now if you compare the $25600 in legal fees to the total of $384000, the legal fees represent only 6.66%. These calculations were done without adding interest.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 08 Feb 2013, 16:07

Rags wrote:Guest please dont slam Dennis LMFAO is off base and I appreciate the support but we all need closure on this and if we all work together and that may mean some of the better off vets who are not gong to get Long term LTD may need to wait a little longer to ensure everyone is taken care of.

Call of Duty agreed LMFAO should be banned but he will just come back as someone else. It would be better for him to try and reason and understand the whole issue. He is part of the class action so deserves to be critical if he sees a problem but slam me for identifying an issue that will help some vets is just wrong. Lets try and find common ground. Maybe I should have used other words then "GIFT" in my post.

GIFT yes that is the word that sent me off...GIFT yes it was a gift to be injured it was a GIFT to loose my career yes it was a FUCKING GIFT...... 21 years and at the TOP of my trade and game and you call it a SISIP Gift, well this so called GIFT save me and my family for 24 month while I regroup and didnt have to declare Bankrupy all the while looking after my family......GIFT ya what a fuck GIFT.

Last edited by LMFAO on Fri 08 Feb 2013, 16:14; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 08 Feb 2013, 16:01

propat wrote:boys pleas dont refer to the 24 month guys as pigs these are vets for god sakes.

propat

This is my very fucking point Propat... we are all the same but how fast does the "Leave no vet behind" change when it effects someone on a personal level.... Talk is cheap... I've watched this forum this pass month as those so call supporters attack the very person who started this... and now 24 months guys shouldnt be here are you fucking kidding me. At the end of the day it is I who pays my fucking bills not any of you, I'll take the money that the GOC took from me and I take it now. I dont owe you or anyone else anything... except thank you Dennis... best of luck to all of you of 14/15 .

As Oliver twist would say..."excuse me SIR may I have somemore"

Last edited by LMFAO on Fri 08 Feb 2013, 16:09; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 08 Feb 2013, 15:36

boys pleas dont refer to the 24 month guys as pigs these are vets for god sakes.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next