Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Be re-assure, I will not Appeal -- Soyez rassurés, je ne ferrai pas appel.

3 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Be re-assure, I will not Appeal -- Soyez rassurés, je ne ferrai pas appel.  - Page 4 Empty Re: Be re-assure, I will not Appeal -- Soyez rassurés, je ne ferrai pas appel.

Post by derngt Thu 07 Feb 2013, 17:00

Yes I have read some of your posts...We will just leave it at that

derngt
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Be re-assure, I will not Appeal -- Soyez rassurés, je ne ferrai pas appel.  - Page 4 Empty Re: Be re-assure, I will not Appeal -- Soyez rassurés, je ne ferrai pas appel.

Post by Rags Thu 07 Feb 2013, 16:43

No apology for the truth sorry. I will say sorry for not being clear enough for you to understand the reality of the point I was making.
You are not a 2 year gift it would appear by your statement. You may want to read my arguments across this forum to understand I am very sympathetic to all injured vets. Ypou actually fit right into one of my large concerns as to why this settlement does not cover the injured vet in your shoes.

Rags
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 792
Registration date : 2013-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post by derngt Thu 07 Feb 2013, 16:34

Rags wrote:The problem is there are too many in the class that are getting the 2 year SISIP gift. For them it does not matter that others are being cut out or unfairly penalized etc etc. The always small minority of trully disabled and deserving of the Long Term Disability benefits will be drowned out by the 2 year it does not matter thats all im getting anyway people.

It would be nice to just send payments now for the actual defined claw backs to everyone in the 2 year group and those who are on LTD for catastrophic disabilities who are on file. Then just keep going on this issue as those will be getting paid no matter what.
Im asking for changes and that will cause a delay so sorry. Its more important that the disabled vets are taken care of over thenn just medical release 2 year gifts.

Rags how dare you minimize my disability by stating we are getting a two year gift. So sorry that we may be drowning you out. This is no gift...Its money earned for being disabled over seas. Each and everyone of us has a story. After my two years I went back to work and lasted 18months. Therefore I no longer qualified for SISIP. Just so you know I rec'd a 95% VAC pension plus CPP disability... Have not worked for 5 years etc.... Am I disabled enough for you...I could go on...You best back up and realize that we don't all fit into your perfect mold. You owe us an apology

Derek

derngt
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Feb 2013, 14:44

If they only taxed the clawback portion (424M) at the 7.5% they they would still make almost 32M and those that do not receive monthly payment would not be affected. this way everyone pays for what was clawed back and NO FUTURE PAYMENTS are really touched then.

Right now we will pay for amounts we will be receiving anf those that only get 2yrs will also pay a portion of that because they will be billed 17.83% even though they get no future earnings

I believe that a payout of 32M to the lawfirm would still be more than enough to cover their time and expenses. Plus it should allow each of them to take a small vaction, maybe buy a new car for each member of their family, perhaps even a second home if they do their taxes properly and invest that amount wisely Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Feb 2013, 13:00

Its all Good - Georges - Lucky for you to be in Halifax next week.

Vall2012

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Feb 2013, 12:49

Vall, J'AVAIS PAS RAISONS, je m'excuse de t'avoir traité de stupide, cela démontre que je devrais tournée ma langue et vérifier deux avanr de me prenoncer! Je serai à Halifax le 14 et 15 fev et je vais défendre le point des frais légal de façon rigoureuse. Tous les missions auquelle nous avons participé nous avons attient tous les objectifs de notre gouvernement, mais nous, nous avons perdu un peux de nous même a chaque fois, j'aimerai que cette victoire serait sans perte pour nous. Se réorganiser et soigner nos plaie fait parti du travail du soldat, mais paiyer les frais nous laissera une plaie qui ne guérira jamais, cette plaie ne sera porté que par nous mais aussi par notre pay. Georges Dumont JE N'AVAIS PAS RAISON.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Feb 2013, 12:13

Georges - Pouvez vous écrire cela en français S.V.P. – je ne suis pas certain de comprendre..

Vall2012

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Feb 2013, 11:58

Vall, I WAS RONG my apolegies! You have demonstated that sometime I should rolemy thung and cheque twise. I will be in Halifax and will support the fees issue, stating that fees are not so high but that the rong group s paying for them. Every time we went on missing we honered the Country by re actions an complited ou mandate. But every time we lost a little of ourselves. I am tired of loosing to win! This legle fee willleave us all with a large cut that we can not heal, the fees will leav a large scare not only on us s individuels but our nation. Our loses gave the GOC it's wins. Going back after a battle and liking our wounds is part of being a soldier, the wound created by the fees can not be licked ean and will never heel!.I WAS RONG. Georgs Dumot

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Feb 2013, 11:26

Rag That Is what I hope - Honourables Justice Barnes may suggest another legal fees scheme that would be equitable for the entire class to MC and could take a few days to fix.

Judges obey by several rigid ethical principles, and equity is one of them. So lets put our Hope on the Honourables Justice Barnes.

Vall2012

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Feb 2013, 11:16

To answer Finalcountdown

The proposed order will be signed next week and Class counsel fees shall be approved by the court after the hearing submission.

So until then, nobody knows what will be those "counsel fees approved by the court" . As of now they are outline in the "preliminary Notice" and are known to us. And I don't like the way its setup.

If the remained the same, my letter would end up in the shredder and nothing will change. they will remained as they are in the "preliminary Notice" and I will not appeal.

However, I am hopeful the Honourables Justice Barnes may suggest another legal fees scheme that would be equitable for the entire class to MC. In this case My Letter would have serve its purpose and no appeal necessary - just a couple of days to rectify the legal fees proposal, that is it.

There are people out there who needs this money like yesterday - In no instances I want to interfere with there life.

Hope you understand.

Vall2012

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags Thu 07 Feb 2013, 10:59

Not appealed Just delayed till a few items can be negotiated. whats 60 to 90 more days? The zero sum disabled on long term LTD are getting money now the new vets are getting there money now. Id say wait to ensure the vets injured in the past get there protection.

Rags
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags Thu 07 Feb 2013, 10:56

The problem is there are too many in the class that are getting the 2 year SISIP (Edit start) - non injured release pay out - (end edit). For them it does not matter that others are being cut out or unfairly penalized etc etc. The always small minority of trully disabled and deserving of the Long Term Disability benefits will be drowned out by the 2 year it does not matter thats all im getting anyway people.

It would be nice to just send payments now for the actual defined claw backs to everyone in the 2 year group and those who are on LTD for catastrophic disabilities who are on file. Then just keep going on this issue as those will be getting paid no matter what.
Im asking for changes and that will cause a delay so sorry. Its more important that the disabled vets are taken care of over then just medical release 2 year gifts.

Last edited by Rags on Fri 08 Feb 2013, 17:44; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : I edited out Gift as it appears to be a poor choice of words for people that got SISIP that way.)

Rags
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Feb 2013, 10:37

Do you think in your opinion it should be appealed?

Back to top Go down

Be re-assure, I will not Appeal -- Soyez rassurés, je ne ferrai pas appel.  - Page 4 Empty Be re-assure, I will not Appeal -- Soyez rassurés, je ne ferrai pas appel.

Post by Guest Thu 07 Feb 2013, 10:22

I received the following e-mail yesterday"

Quote:
.......I expect the Judge to consider your letter in determining whether to approve the proposed agreement and in setting fees but not to answer your questions unless you appear on the 14th.....
......you should be aware that an appeal may have the affect of stopping the payment of refunds to the class in the meantime. We have received hundreds of letters and emails of support for the agreement with the overwhelming sentiment being resolve this and start refund payments ASAP......Unquote

So - If the Honourable Justice Barnes consider my letter in determining whether to approve the proposed agreement and in setting legal fees, I have achieved my Goal

Be - reassured everyone - I do not want to delay payment of refunds to the class. So I will not appeal
-------------------------------------------------------
J'ai reçu ce courriel hier "

Citation:
....... Je pense que le juge considérera votre lettre afin de déterminer s'il convient d'approuver le projet d'accord et l'établissement des frais, mais pas à répondre aux questions que si vous posez à moins que vous vous présentiez vous-même le 14 février.
...... Vous devriez être conscient qu'un appel peut avoir pour effet, dans l'intervalle, d'arrêter le paiement et la restitution des sommes à la classe. Nous avons reçu des centaines de lettres et de courriels de soutien à l'accord avec des sentiments accablant de résoudre ce problème et commencer les paiements de remboursement dès que possible ...... Fin de citation

Donc - Si l'honorable juge Barnes considère ma lettre pour déterminer s'il convient d'approuver le projet d'accord et dans l'établissement des frais légaux, J'ai atteint mon objectif.

Soyez donc tous rassurés- Je ne veux pas retarder le paiement des restitutions à la classe. Donc, je ne ferrai aucun appel.

Vall2012

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4