Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Be re-assure, I will not Appeal -- Soyez rassurés, je ne ferrai pas appel.

3 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Be re-assure, I will not Appeal -- Soyez rassurés, je ne ferrai pas appel.  - Page 3 Empty Re: Be re-assure, I will not Appeal -- Soyez rassurés, je ne ferrai pas appel.

Post by Rags Fri 08 Feb 2013, 13:17

Read the reason for the post and you will understand. Taking stuff out of context one can twist it anyway you want.
sorry not getting any month chq now. I used an example of why votes maybe the way they are since the fully disabled are in the minority and SISIP did bring in a full 2 years on release which is not associated with actually being disabled so try not to confuse the issue. By the agreement the 2 year gets the money no issue it will happen. Question for you is will you leave a vet behind? those that are not clearly in this agreement who fall through the cracks who are LTD long term?
I am LMFAO now at your rsponse cause you appear not to understand the point.

Rags
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 792
Registration date : 2013-01-06

Back to top Go down

Be re-assure, I will not Appeal -- Soyez rassurés, je ne ferrai pas appel.  - Page 3 Empty Re: Be re-assure, I will not Appeal -- Soyez rassurés, je ne ferrai pas appel.

Post by Guest Fri 08 Feb 2013, 13:10

:

Last edited by LMFAO on Fri 08 Feb 2013, 14:05; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Feb 2013, 18:15

Propat - A sub-class is impossible at this time - But the way MC have setup their fees schedule, It is like we have a subclass - They want there money NOW - Its not about Dennis, Its not about the veteran, its not about the cause - Its just about Money for MC as soon as possible.

That is it - Money (65 Millions) - At first I send them a nice e-mail to said I approved the settlement -

When I saw the example and computation on the site leavenotvetbehind.ca and the propose fees scheduled - I understood that we had a problem - A subtle problem. They were charging their legal fees on Half of the full Settlement money.

And for everyone, they told send us: your approval or objection to MC we will present it to the judges, they wanted to control the goods and bad impressions-

Me, because i sent it to the Honourable Justice Barnes directly and send them a copy; they told me - We cannot represent you -Vall2012 - seek counsel somewhere else to have answer from the judge ...They charge between 300 to 600 an hours.

So I took a stand and I am here by myself. They are charging the full legal fee on half of the settlement money. So who pays the most - the guys who are not on SISIP anymore. That is what my letter is all about. And that is why they told me to take walk. It is only about Money for MC.

There is no sub-class but there is inequity and I hope the Honourable Justice Barnes will sees that.

In my province (Quebec), legal fees in class action proceeding are share among all the class members equally and the Federal Court rule must take that into consideration. MC is playing a game that I don't know were to get the reference from, but it does not look fair. No wonder they tell me to take a walk and seek your own counsel somewhere else, if i can t make it to Halifax.

P.S. Peter I read somewhere that you had problem slipping at night (typical for veteran), But when your boss tell to get 65 millions in the business ASAP. I would sleep well either.

Vall2012

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Feb 2013, 18:11

ok rags i see what you are getting at.good point and agreed.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Feb 2013, 18:00

Mfors, it's not that Dennis is a "bad boy " as you described... (not my words), the issue is that Dennis has been the center of this whole issue and has received the most attention from the press, at this time most of the people are not asking Dennis to go against what mc and he worked so hard to accomplish that would just be plain foolish. Because Dennis will be the focus of the press on the 14 and 15 and have the BIGEST voice, what people are asking of him is to convey the concerns of the many.... ie deemed tax on QLSRP to the judge and more importantly the press. And to you Dennis no disrespect but I think if you were to just take a step back for a second and let your guard down just for a second (yes that is very difficult and I too can relate to having my back to the wall all the time) you will realize that these people have faith in you or else they would not have asked you to do this or that, Realize that the majority of us are behind you 100% that is why we/they have the faith in you and asked you to voice OUR concerns, not to counteract what you have already worked on with MC. If anything remember "one would not ask another for help, if one did not have respect for the other" just my two cents!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags Thu 07 Feb 2013, 17:58

very observant Propat. At the worst there should be a sub class but it would be easy to fix this with a simple change to the settlement which would add a group 5 which said everything in group 2 just that it did not start with zero sum but rather Non Zero Sum with DVA of 75% or more.

Rags
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Feb 2013, 17:51

is someone delving into the ceation of a subclass ore am i reading way to much into this?

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags Thu 07 Feb 2013, 17:34

The question is would you cut out all the fully disabled combat vest from LTD for the rest of there life and there retro back pay they fought for but lost a decade ago just so you get the 2 year gift in 60 days? Or would you wait and hold on for 90 more just to ensure you leave no vet behind?

Rags
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags Thu 07 Feb 2013, 17:31

mfor2222 yes I know and if you read any of my points I like Vall dont think thats fair. My point that appears to have bothered you is that the majority vote in this class as has been so well told to me and others that its over it will be accepted cause more people say accept it. I dont say 2 year gift people should not get the coin I just hope they should not silence the rest of us in the minority who should be protected also just like the 2 years.

Rags
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Feb 2013, 17:24

rags dont you see that 2 year gift people are forced to pay 17.83 because of special non gift people like you have future payments ...... 7.5 from retro 7.5 future payments ........ see 24 month gift personel do not have future payments and if lawyers went in that direction taking from futur payments they would only be paying 7.5......

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Feb 2013, 17:17

well it may be fixed , however when you have a person saying most people only getting gifts compared to himself has nerve to get dennis to cry in front of judge on how outrage his own agreement with lawyers are is just to funny

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Feb 2013, 17:15

dennis is a bad boy! he wont go in front of judge and contradict what he agreed with lawyers... recon if you dont know what conflict of interest is , i would gladly explain.... thats why you were given time to write letters to bring up points dennis cant...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Feb 2013, 17:11

Guys - We should keep our cool - there has been a miss-understand or miss-communication between two guys and its fixed.

My post was to re-assure people, that's it. I don't want it to become something else.

Vall2012

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Feb 2013, 17:11

recon why did you appologize few days ago ???? apologizing means sorry and i wont do it again......is it because you just dont want to do your job???? didnt you know dennis jobs finished at this point and its now your turn???? shouldve wrote your letter when you had a chance

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Feb 2013, 17:03

rags your just so special, nobody matters but you, your way more important than the 2 year gift people.... maybe all 2 year people should give you their retro since yours is much more deserved cyclops
funny how theirs is a gift and yours not affraid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next