Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here we are, Halifax, Feb 14th, Convention Center

+11
1993firebird
pteadams2002
meathead
Newfie
Wife of a Veteran
RCN-Retired
Nemo
sabrelove
321HTRCN
peep
K9
15 posters

Page 14 of 19 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19  Next

Go down

Here we are, Halifax, Feb 14th, Convention Center - Page 14 Empty Re: Here we are, Halifax, Feb 14th, Convention Center

Post by Guest Thu 14 Feb 2013, 13:25

Back to top Go down

Here we are, Halifax, Feb 14th, Convention Center - Page 14 Empty Re: Here we are, Halifax, Feb 14th, Convention Center

Post by Guest Thu 14 Feb 2013, 13:21

Everyone has an opinion , whether right or wrong, never worry, everyone makes mistakes, tomorrows gone, live today, no guarantee for tomorrow . Welcome

Back to top Go down

Post by peep Thu 14 Feb 2013, 13:04

theclosest, you are among Vets here, welcome brother.
peep
peep
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 843
Registration date : 2012-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Feb 2013, 13:02

I agree with you... You do count and I wish I could help you see that ! Everyone counts !!! No,matter what the opinion is,!,,

Back to top Go down

well said and welcome i really hope you post some more.

propat

Back to top Go down

theclosest wrote:I have never posted here before, and I feel I need to post while I have a little bit of courage. I can't speak for anyone else, but I wish I had more strength to stand up. I am ashamed at the fact that even though I am constantly putting on an act to make sure no one knows I am suffering, some things I can't "pretend". I am one of those people that didn't formally object to the fees, even though I feel they are wrong, out of sheer terror. I have always fallen through the cracks, and the way I was treated in the years before my release (and even since), had made me feel like I have no voice. I have extreme difficulty asking for help, and I freeze up with extreme terror whenever I have to call anyone (most especially the people at VAC, SISIP, and CPP), even if it is to order pizza.

I am so grateful to Dennis for changing my family's financial situation. I don't have a problem with the taxes. Just the legal fees. I know we should all be grateful we aren't paying 30%, but it still sucks.

I know I can't be the only one that hasn't responded because of crippling fear. It is why I have never even posted here before, only read posts, regardless of the fact that we are all here to support one another. I only wish I had the courage earlier, and could be in Halifax to tell the Justice Barnes that there are people out there that stay silent because of fear. Fear that saying anything will cause undue chaos, and any amazing triumph will be revoked.

Thanks for reading. Going to take an ativan or two now. Smile
Read this everyone before you speak !!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Feb 2013, 13:01

Thecloset. There r many of us out there who have stayed silent for the same reasons. Your comments r much appreciated.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Feb 2013, 13:01

Thanks for your words...that is why we are in halifax fighting for you ...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Feb 2013, 12:58

I have never posted here before, and I feel I need to post while I have a little bit of courage. I can't speak for anyone else, but I wish I had more strength to stand up. I am ashamed at the fact that even though I am constantly putting on an act to make sure no one knows I am suffering, some things I can't "pretend". I am one of those people that didn't formally object to the fees, even though I feel they are wrong, out of sheer terror. I have always fallen through the cracks, and the way I was treated in the years before my release (and even since), had made me feel like I have no voice. I have extreme difficulty asking for help, and I freeze up with extreme terror whenever I have to call anyone (most especially the people at VAC, SISIP, and CPP), even if it is to order pizza.

I am so grateful to Dennis for changing my family's financial situation. I don't have a problem with the taxes. Just the legal fees. I know we should all be grateful we aren't paying 30%, but it still sucks.

I know I can't be the only one that hasn't responded because of crippling fear. It is why I have never even posted here before, only read posts, regardless of the fact that we are all here to support one another. I only wish I had the courage earlier, and could be in Halifax to tell the Justice Barnes that there are people out there that stay silent because of fear. Fear that saying anything will cause undue chaos, and any amazing triumph will be revoked.

Thanks for reading. Going to take an ativan or two now. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Feb 2013, 12:56

So very true!!! Excellent words and they speak of many many disabled vets. Good point to bring up if able to. Reason I am not there is my home is my safe house. I appreciate every one who made the trip to speak for us and also the vets who r unable to be there due to their health. We r waiting here on CFSAT for any information. Thanks to all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Feb 2013, 12:56

walking back in now ......Red coat and rubber flippers...say hello if you dare!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Feb 2013, 12:55

come on people Hamdford and Sparrow wait until the Crown disputed the fees then make up your mind!

Back to top Go down

Post by peep Thu 14 Feb 2013, 12:54

124 users on line and climbing
peep
peep
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 843
Registration date : 2012-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Feb 2013, 12:53

i am still serving i am not allow to speak up ....Sad Rags who ever is speaking has to mention this ....Get the message to someone who is speaking .....why did only 400 write max....Because we are disabled and we are so frightened if we speak out we will loss what we have .....disabled veteran are very very worried to rock the boat .... remember how we are train.....shut up and keep running!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Feb 2013, 12:53

Well MC arguments for the legal fees are inlightning and makes alot of sense. I support the fees now, totally. And sparrow now feels the same...

She says Hi to everyone

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 19 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19  Next