Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here we are, Halifax, Feb 14th, Convention Center

+11
1993firebird
pteadams2002
meathead
Newfie
Wife of a Veteran
RCN-Retired
Nemo
sabrelove
321HTRCN
peep
K9
15 posters

Page 15 of 19 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Go down

Here we are, Halifax, Feb 14th, Convention Center - Page 15 Empty Re: Here we are, Halifax, Feb 14th, Convention Center

Post by RCN-Retired Thu 14 Feb 2013, 12:51

It most likely is that most are not aware as well as for many they are so distrustful of the government that they just can't get their hopes up as they have been let down so many times. As well I do not feel that MC did all they could to find and encourage the class members. Hell they were even very slow to reply or choose not to reply to many of those that expressed concerns to them. For the 65 million they are demanding they should have personally contacted every member and ensured they were aware of the settlement details and their rights. They choose to wait things out and there was not much any of us could do about it.

On another note just sent CTV News an email asking them why this is not one of their top stories and letting them know they need to get there and report this most important issue. Thanks to those that are providing updates, I remain atomistic that the Judge will see that the deal with exception of the percentage for legal fees is a good settlement for the veterans. The lawyers true colours will also be displayed as they greedily do all they can to get as much from the veterans as possible, in the end it is my opinion they are not much better than those that stole the money from us in the first place. Reasonable return on the risk they took is not 650 percent of what they expended! For Queen and Country.
RCN-Retired
RCN-Retired
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2012-11-14

Back to top Go down

Here we are, Halifax, Feb 14th, Convention Center - Page 15 Empty Re: Here we are, Halifax, Feb 14th, Convention Center

Post by Guest Thu 14 Feb 2013, 12:49

Get the message to someone who is speaking .....why did only 400 write max....Because we are disabled and we are so frightened if we speak out we will loss what we have .....Disabled veterans are very very worried to rock the boat .... remember how we are train.....shut up and keep running!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Feb 2013, 12:46

Kind of hard to believe but i do not think that we had enough representation by the media and sorry to say it but I asked our law firm to spend some of our 17% and get this situation out there

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Feb 2013, 12:44

I don't know jack, I've been told that, but I CAN tell you this, I've had 3B's at my kitchen table, even just last week, that have NEVER heard of this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Feb 2013, 12:44

Fact by stating in court that 270 members replied kind of cuts the legal representations throat why only 270. Now the public will say exactly the same thing, if the members do not care why should we.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Feb 2013, 12:41

i thought MC was supposedly finding all these lost people? would they not have told them at the same time to write if they had any concerns or supported it?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Feb 2013, 12:39

Interesting fact???????

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Feb 2013, 12:31

Or still don't know, over the last six months, I have talked with people that were 3B'd and never heard of this. Many, many people. Probably in the neighbourhood of for every one that knew, at least five didn't.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Feb 2013, 12:29

ya im thinking thats way to low ore do a lot not even care.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Feb 2013, 12:27

Ironically only 270 members of the class responded one way or another, If I was the Judge i would ask myself why only a small number of 7500 class members actually took the time to vent or lay praise. With the multimedia resources available in today's highway of internet email and our postal system why did only 270 respond, I am thinking they where in the dark through the whole process.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Feb 2013, 12:20

Go to Chat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Feb 2013, 12:17

Wonder if the Judge ever served?????????????
Or members of his family that have, or would this be a conflict of interest??

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Feb 2013, 12:16

So this is going to go on for a couple more years??? Am I wrong.??? I just read it quick ...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Feb 2013, 12:11

Has anyone mentioned the possibility that the GOC pay the legal fees

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Feb 2013, 12:10

I can only imagine , they are all fighting for the big bonus right now , that's why he's fighting with Justice Barnes because if the 17.83 % is lowered , so is his Bonus Check

Last edited by Recon031 on Thu 14 Feb 2013, 12:11; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 19 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next