Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here we are, Halifax, Feb 14th, Convention Center

+11
1993firebird
pteadams2002
meathead
Newfie
Wife of a Veteran
RCN-Retired
Nemo
sabrelove
321HTRCN
peep
K9
15 posters

Page 6 of 19 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 19  Next

Go down

Here we are, Halifax, Feb 14th, Convention Center - Page 6 Empty Re: Here we are, Halifax, Feb 14th, Convention Center

Post by Guest Fri 15 Feb 2013, 09:49

Lawyers want court to use percentage fee method

Back to top Go down

Here we are, Halifax, Feb 14th, Convention Center - Page 6 Empty Re: Here we are, Halifax, Feb 14th, Convention Center

Post by Guest Fri 15 Feb 2013, 09:38

And 4.? X legal salary before may 31 2012 base on aprox 8500 hrs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Feb 2013, 09:37

Not saying they get 2.2 just that the crown told court that was an example of another case not 2.2 % BUT 2.2 x average legal salary

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Feb 2013, 09:33

Yes nav their fee it is complety up to judge now

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Feb 2013, 09:32

Ya, no risk , given 2.2 , that's fine with me!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Feb 2013, 09:30

Crown emphazied that in a comparable case 4.6 x legal fee up until minister said he would not appeal then 2.2 x fee afterwords due to diminished risk for them

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Feb 2013, 09:28

So the judge decides the fee? lTD4me

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Feb 2013, 09:27

I have heard that they want , once approved to start getting the retro out fast, people already in the computer getting payments will be the easy ones and they will start to get it 2 weeks after settlement. The faster the better for the GOC because they are paying interest on the funds! Anyone who has not contacted sisip with up to date contact info IMAO should get on it. Sisip will tell you they have no plan but I know different, just like they had no plan when they started the zero sums up and a couple of days later I got my first cheque! Good luck to all

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Feb 2013, 09:24

They think that a fee is what ever the judge decides they will not give a figure, the judge specificaly and that is what they said

Back to top Go down

Post by peep Fri 15 Feb 2013, 09:22

lol
peep
peep
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 843
Registration date : 2012-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Feb 2013, 09:22

Hey, RR, even the veterans in Cuba have heard of the sisip clawback, I had a couple of zero sum , three month stay vets at my resort! Hell with there settlement they'd beable to buy the island, Widows , there like Christmas decorations at the legion, hanging everywhere!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Feb 2013, 09:19

Total spin, this GOC will do anything for media PR, I still can't believe they made those comments, you know, I wonder who thinks these things up in Government , I truly believe they think the public and us are a bunch of idiots!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Feb 2013, 09:18

ya RR ive said a few times that if the fees are lowered not only is it more money for us its more for them.but as for them picking up the tab at any price well im not holding my breath.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Feb 2013, 09:18

Good Morning Guys; I think this case is going a little sideways, hopefully we reach an agreement.
"because without some debate the fairest percentage won't be reached"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Feb 2013, 09:16

I heard you ran back Navrat all those widows chasing your fat bank book lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 19 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 19  Next