Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MCINNIS / COOPER SHOULD BE LOOKING FOR THE OTHER 5000 MEMBERS NOT IN THE DATA BASE THROUGH " CTV NATIONAL NEWS " WHILE WAITING FOR JUSTICE BARNES DECISION , CONTINGENCY PLAN MC , WHAT ARE YOU DOING RIGHT NOW , TO FIND THESE SOLDIERS ?

5 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

MCINNIS / COOPER  SHOULD BE LOOKING FOR THE OTHER 5000 MEMBERS NOT IN THE DATA BASE THROUGH " CTV NATIONAL NEWS "  WHILE WAITING FOR JUSTICE BARNES DECISION , CONTINGENCY PLAN MC , WHAT ARE YOU DOING RIGHT NOW , TO FIND THESE SOLDIERS ?  - Page 2 Empty Re: MCINNIS / COOPER SHOULD BE LOOKING FOR THE OTHER 5000 MEMBERS NOT IN THE DATA BASE THROUGH " CTV NATIONAL NEWS " WHILE WAITING FOR JUSTICE BARNES DECISION , CONTINGENCY PLAN MC , WHAT ARE YOU DOING RIGHT NOW , TO FIND THESE SOLDIERS ?

Post by bigrex Wed 27 Mar 2013, 20:51

Rags, the opt out option they were referring to at the hearing was for those class members who had been included at the last minute, since it was not made public that the proposed retro was going back to 1976 until January 9th. Those Veterans and their survivors needed to be given enough time to decide whether they wanted to be included or not, except they had the benefit of actually seeing what they were agreeing to, where as we did not.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

MCINNIS / COOPER  SHOULD BE LOOKING FOR THE OTHER 5000 MEMBERS NOT IN THE DATA BASE THROUGH " CTV NATIONAL NEWS "  WHILE WAITING FOR JUSTICE BARNES DECISION , CONTINGENCY PLAN MC , WHAT ARE YOU DOING RIGHT NOW , TO FIND THESE SOLDIERS ?  - Page 2 Empty Re: MCINNIS / COOPER SHOULD BE LOOKING FOR THE OTHER 5000 MEMBERS NOT IN THE DATA BASE THROUGH " CTV NATIONAL NEWS " WHILE WAITING FOR JUSTICE BARNES DECISION , CONTINGENCY PLAN MC , WHAT ARE YOU DOING RIGHT NOW , TO FIND THESE SOLDIERS ?

Post by Rags Wed 27 Mar 2013, 19:20

Interesting issue of the other 5000 vets in the class. I would suggest they know exactly who the 7500 are less a few % from past like 70s 80s people.
SISIP has a full data base of the names and a letter from MC went to all so question is why have they not communicated with the other 5000? I doubt they have an e mail list of only 2500. That number they spoke of was vets they regularly talk to who support and say good things which was just smoke and mirrors for the court. The truth probably is more like they dont want to get 7500 vets figuring out how f 'd up the negotiation was and getting all of them mad at them. Since we are organized and from same group it is easy for us to get together and make a power play at MC and demand a result. They needed to keep us confused and separate. Furthermore a vast group of the 7500 fall into a specific catagory of payout and dont really care just happy they are getting 2 years of money they never expected. If this class was a regular type of action we would not be from same group but just a random person that bought a defective washing machine at one of 10,000 furniture stores across country. In this case we are all brothers in arms and know for leadership and take charge approach and ability to rally the troops to get together. We are a dangerous group to do a class action for in more then one way.

Rags
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 792
Registration date : 2013-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags Wed 27 Mar 2013, 19:02

Recon - you said - "For everyone's info. , there's nothing wrong with the settlement , except the lawyer fees & that is being looked after by Justice Barnes ."
you mean in your opinion! It was a bad deal from all angels from my perspective. We can agree on the legal fees need fixin though.

BIGREX - good points question though. What was last date of opt out? it was judge decision plus 30 days was it not? Or was it presentation plus 30? I forget. Judge did say I just forgot.

Rags
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 792
Registration date : 2013-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 27 Mar 2013, 15:36

Matrixxx, before you start coming on and insulting anyone for their views, maybe you should read up a little on the law. For all but the last identified class members, it is too late to opt out of the class, and there has never been a disclosure agreement required. We are bound to the deal, even if we had no say in what was included, or more importantly, excluded. So our only input was last month and hopefully those of us strong enough to stand up to our lawyers (and other class members) to voice our concerns to the judge, will have created enough doubt in the judges mind that, he will significantly lower the legal fees in the view that the lawyers, even though they had won the case, did a poor ass job at the negotiating table. By doing so, he could maximize the financial return to the class, without having to decline the deal, and prolonging the process longer than necessary.

In fact, for those people who did opt out, there is no legal way for SISIP to continue to deny their payments. It's not like they can say that they can continue to illegally withhold this money just because they were not on the lawyers list. Sure, the interest may not be as high, if any, and they wouldn't have a chance to apply for any of the $5.2 million education grant, but they would still get paid. SISIP likely isn't going to want to be involved with any further legal action if it did try to hold back payments.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Mar 2013, 12:59

PERSEVERENCE PAYS OFF ,

PETER DRISCOLL HAS IN FACT E-MAILED ME TO SAY THAT HE NOW POSSESSES A LIST OF ALL 7500 MEMBERS INVOLVED IN THE CLASS ACTION .

THANK - YOU PETER FOR THE FOLLOW UP , LEAVE NO VET BEHIND

For Country
retired Army Master Sniper
dave Fitzpatrick
family of .......7....... Mission Accomplished , Eagleye1 out

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Mar 2013, 10:29

Hey Matrixx; if you don't like the posts, don't come on CSAT. We've earned the right to bitch about whatever we like. Have a nice day and join the get along gang.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Mar 2013, 09:10

well ive always thought through this judge MC would get a fair amount nothing more nothing less so it was not a huge issue for me.i do know what this thread is for however the statement their is nothing wrong with this deal i really respectfully disagree.one word TAX.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Mar 2013, 08:51

For everyone's info. , there's nothing wrong with the settlement , except the lawyer fees & that is being looked after by Justice Barnes .

This "" POST "" is strictly about McInnis / Cooper only having 2500 names in their database .

Why is this Important ?

Because , McInnis / Cooper having received the " Calculation Sheets " from Manulife for " 7500 " Class Members .

ONLY HAS 2500 NAMES TO SERVE , that's it

For Country
retired Army Master Sniper
dave Fitzpatrick
Family of .......7....... if i'm wrong , show me proof & i will correct my Post

Back to top Go down

MCINNIS / COOPER  SHOULD BE LOOKING FOR THE OTHER 5000 MEMBERS NOT IN THE DATA BASE THROUGH " CTV NATIONAL NEWS "  WHILE WAITING FOR JUSTICE BARNES DECISION , CONTINGENCY PLAN MC , WHAT ARE YOU DOING RIGHT NOW , TO FIND THESE SOLDIERS ?  - Page 2 Empty Don't like it, then don't sign...

Post by Guest Wed 27 Mar 2013, 08:33

Why don't you guys get a life? If you don't like settlement, then don't sign the disclosure statement. Easy as that. Take the GOC to court on your own instead of bitching on here about every little thing. I never heard 1 single word from anyone regarding the 30% which was stated in the original lawsuit which we all had 5 years to read. So if you don't like it, don't sign and you’re free to go after them on your own and dictate your own terms. What a crock...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Mar 2013, 05:43

lawyers jobs are done , they finished long time ago... the only thing i want them to do now is send me my retro check... for letting all veterans informed they are part of lawsuit not there job ... thats sisip job..... trust me lawyers want to make sure every veteran gets paidn... if vets get paid lawyers get paid... if some vets for some stupid reason misses out on a retro that means layers will miss out on a payment.... get on sisips back about making sure everybody in the pot......

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Mar 2013, 05:36

regarding the lawyers not caring about veterans and only want to make a buck off backs... in the end its a business 7 years work they want to get paid.... there been many other compasionet lawsuits with many sad stories involved... lawyers made monies off there backs also.... just because we are veterans it will not change the fee request..... in a way i think it was a good they asked a very large sum, it got everybodys attention, it got the judge annoyed, it made the goverment speakout. it made many vets outraged..... it got people speaking about it... fees will be lowered and since the MND has asked for paperwork on repayment of fees , they might just pay some or all of fees.... all class action lawsuits lawyers will ask for bigger paydays than they actually get... in the end the judge decides and all sides have done there job....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Mar 2013, 05:11

your a hard worker reccon, my hat goes off to you... regarding this post and your other post in big red letters..
first of all a statement was made that lawyers will get rich off of interest while these 5000 soldiers waiting to be found. i dont think it works that way..law firm will not be getting the whole settlement dollars right away, they will only be getting dollars from sisip chunks at a time... sisip will only be sending dollars the last week of each month from the ones are processed... according to proposal wich will be surely amended because with delays was supposed to be all done by end of august.... in proposal it stated monies will be paid and process once a month during the last week... for example everything is done and approuved... its time for payment process , when the end of the month comes along and just say 1000 of 7500 were processed... what sisip will do is send all individual work sheets for those processed along with the monies directly to the lawyers... chunks at a time...... they are not going to get any interest what so ever ..... regarding all veterans who are not aware they are a part of this lawsuit for some reason or another , they will get there monies with in the 6 month time frame which was stated in proposal ... once its signed off and approuved it becomes the law.. sisip and lawyers have to get it done... my other point is these veterans who do not really know they are part of this lawsuit, i garanteed sisip knows... they will get paid, no one is going to be left out....... i just think you jumping all over lawyers back about finding these people and letting them know through the media should wait till after the proposal is approuved... nothing is a go yet, still could be delayed for a year, anything could happen. until we get yes from all sides do you really want to put these vets in stress situation and have them hanging for the littleless info and worrying about whole process?? i see the stress your going through and being pissed of for lack of info.. do you want to bring others into it also... in the end everybody is going to get paid and lawyers not going to make any money of of interest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next