Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PROCESSED GANG PART 1

+3
pteadams2002
Rifleman
Sapper Zodiak
7 posters

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

PROCESSED GANG PART 1 - Page 2 Empty Re: PROCESSED GANG PART 1

Post by Guest Wed 23 Oct 2013, 19:56

ok did my calcs and everything checks out so at least in my case SISIP DID NOT calculate till may first but did calculate the post judgment till they released the check to MC. it also seems ALL MEMBERS will get post judgment interest and many already have it. it also seems that they did charge legal fees on the post interest portion that is calculated on retro amounts prior to may 31st NOW THIS KINDA SUCKS but according to the agreement it seems only interest on retro post may 31st are exempt from legal fees.

IMPORTANT;

DO YOUR CALCS CARFULLY AS ALL MEMBERS ARE SUPPOSE TO GET POST JUDGEMENT INTEREST IF YOU DO NOT HAVE IT APPEAL IMMEDIATELY THE WINDOW IS CLOSEING.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifleman Wed 23 Oct 2013, 19:24

Holly crap wills Ridge my numbers are somewhat close to yours I'm going over the numbers again where the hell is rainman

Rifleman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Oct 2013, 19:13

One thing that I just thought of, with ref: to the 5% interest post judgment, no legal fees applied after May 2012, So even though the SISIP calculation sheet, does not show the actual date the amount was handed over to MC in trust, they somehow included that interest into the calculations, reason being, that amount of interest would be a part of the original order, therefor resulting in us paying Legal fees on it. In other words, if the calculation sheet, added in the Month in which our retro was handed over to MC, it could breach the order.

Now the 4 Months owed, is for reinstated members, and comes after the May order, therefor will not come from MC, it will come directly from Manulife, with no Legal fees applied.

Those two scenarios are the only ones that makes sense to me , at this point.

Then again, it may not.

Last edited by trooper on Wed 23 Oct 2013, 19:31; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Oct 2013, 18:56

so it seems they are saying we are not only are getting the post judgment interest we in fact already have it witch I guess is good but im left now wondering about paying leagal fees on the post judgment interest. im goanna fully calculate mine tomorrow to see what they did.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Oct 2013, 18:55

Rifleman I agree. I am 1000% certain this extra interest is not there. My total gross offset going back to 2004 is 115,321.12 with total interest being 23,357.99. This represents a total interest percentage of 20 %. If the extra 17 months or 7 % was added to the total of 115,321.12 it would be an extra 8,072.00 interest. This would then be 31,430.00 total interest on the 115,321.12. Overall interest would then be 27% which seems more realistic.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifleman Wed 23 Oct 2013, 18:42

Will they Deloitte be looking at all files or just random amounts of files because I have gone over my calcalation sheet numerouse times and all these numbers do not make any sence to me not an accountant just an ex infantryman

Rifleman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Oct 2013, 18:12

Trooper. I agree, if Deloitte are doing audits then hopefully they will figure it all out and fix any faults.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Oct 2013, 17:36

I have complete confidence in the Deloitte team, as they have a reputation of being thorough. If they find any faults, they will address it. So I will be counting on them, to ensure that the interest pre and post judgement are done properly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Oct 2013, 17:20

Teen, its very difficult to figure out if our numbers are correct therefore difficult to determine if I need to appeal.
Just based on my May 1 2012 to May 31 2012 it shows 1347.34 (Column A). I did not get my refund until this Monday or 15 Oct date so my interest on this one amount should be 5% plus another 2.0833% (.041666 per month x 5 months) or 7.0833% x 1347.34 = 95.43. Actual amount received was 92.54. yes this is only short 3 dollars but this is only for one month. I am guessing that any shortfall spread over my entire 9 years should be in the thousands. Anyway, I do not see any way of verifying my numbers myself so i will have to rely on Deloitte.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Oct 2013, 16:53

Just recd email from MC. They are telling me that the extra interest from May 2012 to my file completion date is included as part of the totals in Column E. Obviously I will have to figure this out myself to verify as there is no breakdown. Firmly believe this PAID CLAIM REPORT should be more detailed. A simple extra column with
INTEREST 31 MAY 2012 TO 15 OCT 2013 = XXXXX.00 WOULD HAVE BEEN SO EASY

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Oct 2013, 15:11

Ok Widow of Veteran, it's sounds like a conflict between the two parties, with respect to if the form is required. What I don't understand, is why is this being addressed now, this should been resolved Months ago. Anyhow hang in there Widow of Veteran, good news may come for you soon.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Oct 2013, 14:59

Thank you teen for addressing the 5% issue with Dan Wallace, much appreciated.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Oct 2013, 14:58

Trooper......I ask where the forms were coming from and was told it was from the court. The next day, I spoke to SISIP about this and they advised me that no declaration forms are needed as it is a court order which gives them the right to get some kind of info.
Neither MC nor SISIP can tell me what the info is. I ask what is needed from me and they tell me that my file is in order and no specific form is needed so I don't know why the run around and the lies. All they needed is the death certificate and maybe the "will" which I provided. I'm so worn out and exhausted about all this but I must keep on. One thing SISIP told me is that there was another batch coming next week. There is also a few Vets from the site LNVB that were told last week that there claims were completed but wouldn't get it before the end of the month. That's a tormenting tactic.

Widow of Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Oct 2013, 14:47

Widow of Veteran, I feel for you, I truly do, and I don't blame you for being upset. Them responding to you by stating that they don't know when the forms will be received, that's fine, but where are the forms, who will be providing the forms to MC, if they were working on it, they should be able to tell you where these forms are coming from, I realize they have to go through the courts, to ensure they get it right, but I think more information is in order. Anyhow, hang in there, I hope that this is resolved soon, after all they new about Widows, and they had lots of time to get these forms, that is required for process, I guess the only thing you can do at this point, is to keep on them, and hope, that they get this situation completed soon.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Oct 2013, 13:54

Thank you RR. I did write to him but didn't hear anything back but someone else did on my behalf and got a reply this morning. I am in contact with other Widows / Orphans and found another orphan this morning. It breaks my heart but I must keep on. It's taken so much energy away from me. At this point, I feel it is discrimination against our group.

Thank you all for the support. It's overwhelming at this point.

Widow of Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum