Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PROCESSED GANG PART 1

+3
pteadams2002
Rifleman
Sapper Zodiak
7 posters

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

PROCESSED GANG PART 1 - Page 4 Empty Re: PROCESSED GANG PART 1

Post by Guest Wed 23 Oct 2013, 05:57

Widow of Veteran, Manulife will complete the T1198 for you, and they will send it to you along with your T4 slips, next February, so no need to worry about that form.

When you receive your retro, MC, will have provided you with a receipt, of Legal fees payed.

So you can claim the Legal fees when completing your return, and you can send the completed T1198 form along with your completed tax return.

Now everyone's tax situations vary, from person to person, a tax professional, maybe able to offer you more information, with regards to you getting more tax relief from your tax return.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Oct 2013, 23:45

I have a question......This form T1198 and I believe there was another one.......does it concern us also as Surviving Spouses?
Anything for tax relief would help. I'm trying to find out which form I would need.

Widow of Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Oct 2013, 19:50

No Navrat, not at all, on the contrary, I am pleased by the progress made in the tax information section of the form, with respect to the T1198 form. The information provided in the last day or so in that section, has answered the questions with respect to filling our taxes, for the year 2013. The filling turns out to be much more simplified, than originally thought. You have nothing to loose by sending in that form, along with your taxes, in no way by sending in the form will you be penalized, however, if you choose not to, you could possibly loose out, if  the tax calculations ends up in your favor. This info, along with claiming your Legal fees, may lesson the impact of your return.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Oct 2013, 18:17

I am also worried about these penalty taxes and the quote that CRA will do your taxes and whatever scernio benefits you they use. Does anyone get nervous when the CRA states that

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Oct 2013, 18:13

Trooper Para 6d looks pretty straightforward and hopefully somebody with CDF will realize this fact and initiate proper action. This extra interest was put there to compensate for the wait and make it fair for the people that got paid later rather than sooner. Time will tell.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Oct 2013, 18:06

Well you must be right Will's, cause it sure looks like they miss read para 6. d. of the order, that would be and error, that would be in their favour.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Oct 2013, 18:01

Byes byes byes, do you really think GOC and SISIP will ever make an error in OUR favour. Any errors formulated will definitely be in their favour. Normal saying is QUOTE Err on the side of caution UNQUOTE. GOC / SISIP saying is "Err on side of GOC/SISIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Oct 2013, 17:46

I am in the same boat as you, as I feel the same way you do.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Oct 2013, 17:41

You know Trooper, I received a lot , and with a lot can be a lot of mistakes, I hope to god , no mistakes or overpayments

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Oct 2013, 17:39

If they are going over each individuals work sheets to do a re check, I just hope that if they find and overpayment they Ignore it, that's all we need , six Months down the road being told that we were overpaid , and you owe us X amount of dollars. What a kick in the XXX, that would be. Underpaid, bring it on. LOL.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Oct 2013, 17:06

Sapper, same here. My pre court gross amount was 112.83 and is now 1525.68
I assume the amount owing for backpay would be 1525.68 minus 112.83 or 1412.85 per month, however, my detailed numbers from SISIP show 1347.34 gross owed

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Zodiak Tue 22 Oct 2013, 16:52

Thanks for the posts everyone. I have tried to work on the numbers and dont understand them at all. Even the simple interest doesn't seem to add up. I hope the accountants will go over everyones claim to check for errors!!
Sap

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2012-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Oct 2013, 16:44

well big rex I think I have one month of it as I have interest for the month of may.but yes I agree with your assessment of the situation.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Oct 2013, 16:14

Rex, with some luck, it will be completed as per para 6. d. of the order, and all will receive the post judgement interest. It seems to me that someone has miss read that part of the order, and that part of the order has not changed, so one would think, that part of the order would still stand, and will be complied with once given the directive to do so.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Oct 2013, 16:12

Thanks Teen. Jesus though look at what I started (too funny). Actually it is a nice chunk of change and to me the court order is very clear. It is even stated in black and white in the INTEREST column of our SISIP CLASS ACTION PAID CLAIMS REPORT. iT STATES quote 5% from May 1, 2012 until the date the amount is paid to MC unquote. Seems pretty clear to me but we are dealing with unclear entities here

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next