Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PROCESSED GANG PART 1

+3
pteadams2002
Rifleman
Sapper Zodiak
7 posters

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

PROCESSED GANG PART 1 - Page 3 Empty Re: PROCESSED GANG PART 1

Post by Guest Wed 23 Oct 2013, 13:43

I too have talked to stoffer and I have a huge respect for him (now Teen will agree) but he is only one man I sicked WoV on him a few months back and like the lady said he is doing his best, but one voice among others gets overshadowed at times.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Oct 2013, 13:16

Peter Stoffer has been contacted and is on top of MC and SISIP.
Someone else got an e-mail from him this morning.
We need to get louder though so i'm looking at other avenues.

It's been a vicious circle, over and over but nobody is getting it.

Widow of Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Oct 2013, 12:54

I am with you , Rex , these widows need to be taken care of yesterday! WOV, contact Peter Stoffer he's always there to help plus nobody's really getting answers from anybody, sad sad situation at this point

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Wed 23 Oct 2013, 12:40

Well Rex I guess you have an appeal to apply for then.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 23 Oct 2013, 12:37

Well teen, me line E shows no interest earned from May 2012. It shows the simple interest earned from my time on LTD, but that is it.

And I'm having real trouble with the answer from MC. we were not asking if the 5% was added monthly or yearly, but that it hadn't been applied at all, and they obviously don't get that  or they don't care because they've already been paid.

Last edited by bigrex on Wed 23 Oct 2013, 12:41; edited 1 time in total
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Wed 23 Oct 2013, 12:18

Here's the answer from Dan Wallace about the 5%...

The 5% in para 6(d) of the Order is per year. So if a member receives his or her refund more than 1 year after May 1, 2012, it would be more than 5%. For example, if it takes 1.5 years, it will be 7.5%.

It is important to mention that the accounting firm Deloitte is doing an independent audit of every processed member, which includes verifying that the interest calculation was done correctly. Some members have already received a second cheque if the interest was miscalculated the first time around.

Example
Your calculation sheet shows you had $1,344.55 in May 2012. To calculate the interest on that $1,344.55:

From May 2012 – July 2013 – it is 5%. There is 1 year and 3 months (which is .166 of a year) during that period. (Each month is .0553)

Interest equals 5% X 1.166 = 5.83333% * $1,344.55 = $78.43 – This is the interest on the $1,344.55 that you should have received in May 2012. To confirm the amount check column E on your chart.

Hope this helps
Dan Wallace.

Plug your own numbers from your worksheet and use the above formula, make sure you put the month before you received your retro (if you received in Sept use Aug or .221. The result should be the number you see in column E.

Like I said in the 50 page report from the MC accountants 2 pages were about interest calculations.

Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Zodiak Wed 23 Oct 2013, 12:14

Thanks for the post Bigrex...obviously you are a stand up guy and I appreciate your views. It is shameful how our bereaved are treated in this farce. These spouses are part of our family, and no one messes with our family. I think DM is a dead end now that he is done. He probably needs to leave this all behind so he can look after his own family and his issues. I think he has done enough. Perhaps we all need to appeal our settlements to be heard? Hmm...
Have a good day and thanks for thinking about others. Chimo.
Sapper

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2012-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 23 Oct 2013, 10:47

Maybe Deloittes will finally get off their asses and do something that isn't related to the Senate. We have class members who are being lied to and are being denied resolution because of some spiteful vendetta against the widows of our fallen comrades, which is going directly against the spirit of the court order and the settlement agreement. MC says that they had to argue during the negotiations to have Widows and children included, well obviously their arguments have fallen on deaf ears, because their job is far from over.

Surely Wov, it has to have come time to involve the media or maybe send DM an email. As or representative client and someone with all the media contacts already, he should be going public with this travesty, and he is probably missing the limelight.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by pteadams2002 Wed 23 Oct 2013, 10:39

Received this two days ago.

The application process for the bursary fund has been sent to Court for approval. Once we have received approval, details will be made available to class members.

Best regards,
Kristine Hunter
pteadams2002
pteadams2002
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2012-08-04

http://pteadams2002@hotmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Oct 2013, 10:07

Trooper......I've already talk to MC and nobody knows when these forms will be received. MC said that the forms were not sent to them, yet. I ask if they had a clue when they would be received and was told "no". Once these forms are received at MC, they still have to be mailed to us but SISIP told me there was no forms to be sign as it's a court order therefore permission is not needed.

Widow of Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Oct 2013, 09:50

i think that they ignore some of our emails because i never get any returns from them seems odd but hey that's life just keep on hacking away i guess no problem with the application i will find out how when and why

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Oct 2013, 09:43

Robbie, yes you are correct, no Legal fees applied, after end May 2012. With ref: to the 5% interest up to the date the retro is received by MC , in trust, they are looking into it, and we should get and answer before to long. One point to keep in mind is that, if the CPI adjustment is won, that will become part of our original retro, so Legal fees would be applied. If you find out where, or when, we will have access, to the application for the Bursary, please let us know.

Widow of Veteran, someone from MC, should at least by now, be able to provide you, as to the status, of where those Declaration forms are, someone must know the status, at least than it will give you a better Idea, as to when you can expect it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Oct 2013, 08:48

Ok I just pulled a TEEN TITAN and tried to contact MC, with questions pertaining to the 5% question and also to apply for the University Bursary. Did anyone notice the portion of the court order that states that no legal fee will be applied to any increased SISIP payment received by a class member since July 2012. Nor will any legal fee be applied on any increased future payment.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Oct 2013, 07:52

Nav.....I didn't receive my retro. I was told by SISIP on the 16th. that forms needed to be sign from VAC. I called VAC to verify and the advise me that no documents were requested from SISIP. I decided to called SISIP back after talking with VAC. Same guy at SISIP was repeating himself and told me that VAC was wrong. I got upset and ask for the Supervisor but she was busy. The Supervisor called me within 15 minutes and repeated what the guy had told me and that they had to make sure that I was the right person. They have all my documents and told me that my file was in order. I was advise by the app on Friday (18th.) to contact MC and SISIP by phone or e-mail. I contacted MC first and was told that a declaration form had to be sign by the widows so I ask when they would for be sent and was told that it had not been received yet. Ask MC when it would be receive at there office and was told she didn't know. I wasn't able to reach SISIP Friday but finally did Monday and they told me that I had NO form to sign because it was a court order.
SISIP had told me in June that widows/orphans were last to be paid and MC denied it was true but if they would of look into it and did there jobs, this would not be happening. Kristine also told me that it was an overlook from the court but Peter should of brought it up when I contacted him in June about it and never did.
All the widows that i'm in contact with have been told the same thing.
On October 4th. someone ask MC on LNVB when widows would receive and MC replied that some widows had been paid and then they tell me last Friday that widows had to sign this declaration form. How could some widows be paid already if we have to sign a declaration form?
It's just a run around. Sad that this lawyer can't do his job and still be paid this huge amount of money for this class action.
It's causing so much anguish and stress.

Widow of Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Oct 2013, 07:29

WOV , did you get your retro, and if not why?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next