Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ELB Class Action Law Suit

+5
bigrex
Teentitan
meteck
Brasidas
9 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

ELB Class Action Law Suit  - Page 4 Empty Re: ELB Class Action Law Suit

Post by Guest Fri 19 Sep 2014, 18:23

ELB RETRO WINNER!!!! STAY POSITIVE!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by meteck Fri 19 Sep 2014, 10:32

got the call from va..still nothing...must be nice to never know a darn thing and get paid for it...as for bruce 72 hang in there..life has a way of fixing things over the long haul...cheers,,,,nothing else to say,,drapaeu law firm is like the ghost town on the phonelines..they have zero clue whats going on either....time to find me a job and say bollocks to this,,,cheers all and goodluck

meteck
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2012-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Fri 12 Sep 2014, 21:15

I hear you Rex… frustration, futility. Sadly, it can be a very hard slog in many ways.
You mention… “ I will be demanding to know where the millions of dollars that was allocated as part of the budget for these payments has gone.”

C’mon now… isn’t it really old news where it goes? It can still get me fired up though. Like it gets many of us…

But I’m reminded of what a chief era told me years ago “you gotta use your noodles” Shyte, I hope I never lose mine…

I also bear vac carefully. Who ever I deal with. It’s a given. Some are absolute 100% pricks. Some are a dream. You can’t paint them all with the same brush.

Ain’t it tricky pickle? pinger
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Fri 12 Sep 2014, 14:37

The worse thing about all this is, this isn't some campaign promise that is not legally binding, or a promise of future spending (like x number of dollars over the next 5 years), which relies on future governments to follow through with. This was in the budget for 2014, so if they don't pay it out soon, as a taxpayer, I will be demanding to know where the millions of dollars that was allocated as part of the budget for these payments has gone.

I at least hope the staff at VAC, who know this is coming eventually, will at least have done the work of figuring out who is owed what, so when the word finally does come down, there won't be any further delays in making the payments.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by meteck Fri 12 Sep 2014, 13:11

heard from va yesterday...no new news,,,its September and not a peep!!!!wtf................................................

meteck
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Thu 11 Sep 2014, 11:22

Meteck, according to the post from Teen, they have lots of examples of those that had their ELB clawed back, but very few from those with the WVA. this isn't surprising since very few Korean War a WW2 Vets are surfing the internet. Maybe Drapeau should try and make arrangements with the Legion and maybe more importantly, the VON, to try to get the word out to these older veterans.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by meteck Thu 11 Sep 2014, 10:57

so says who??? the drapeau thing has been around a while..ill check it out and see if there is any NEW news on this front..meanwhile no call back from jose McIver ..that's unusual as she always has in the past..even if its no news she does seem to check higher up first..i would just like to know when or if its coming..how hard is that.....

meteck
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Sep 2014, 08:35

IMPORTANT INFORMATION:

WAR VETERANS ALLOWANCE
CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT
INFORMATION

MICHEL DRAPEAU LAW OFFICE ON FACEBOOK.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Sep 2014, 06:25

Back to top Go down

Post by Brasidas Mon 08 Sep 2014, 17:03

Can't get in touch with my case handler. How long does a PIA or Income supplement claim take to review and process?

Brasidas
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2012-08-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 08 Sep 2014, 15:49

Come on here! Why can't they give you guys an answer? It's bad and disgraceful enough that ELB wasn't backdated to 1 April 2006 but for them to fooLaround with this? I can't understand this Harper regime! There's an election coming so don't listen to their promises get them outta office

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Mon 08 Sep 2014, 14:12

Thanks meteck, but I don't see how VAC can say it's back in in the courts, since ELB was never in the courts. What worries me is the wording used in the budget. It didn't specifically say that they would pay us the amount that was clawed back during those months, but they used the term "compensatory payment"

"Part 6 – Division 1
Overview: Payments - Veterans Affairs

Table of contents - Previous - Next

On May 29, 2012, Veterans Affairs Canada announced that it would change the way it calculates VAC’s Earnings Loss Benefit, Canadian Forces Income Support and War Veterans Allowance by stopping the practice of offsetting disability pension benefits.

The offsetting practice subsequently ceased on October 1, 2012 for Earnings Loss Benefit and Canadian Forces Income Support recipients and on October 1, 2013 for War Veterans Allowance recipients.

The Government approved a compensatory payment for applicants and recipients of VAC’s Earnings Loss Benefit, Canadian Forces Income Support and War Veterans Allowance who were impacted by disability pension offsetting between May 29, 2012 announcement and the day before the offsetting practice ceased for each benefit.

This compensatory payment will harmonize the treatment of Veterans across VAC programs in voluntarily providing an additional “one-time” benefit to bridge the gap between the original announcement and its implementation. This approach will also highlight that the Government recognizes that there were lengthy measures involved in implementing the changes, and, as a gesture of goodwill (given VAC has not been court-ordered to do so), is prepared to compensate for the delay."
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by meteck Mon 08 Sep 2014, 12:25

ATTN BIG REX!!!!,,called va today,,the rep told me she thought the 4 month retro package that was being prepared for us was pulled off the table and its back in the courts.....I am trying to confirm..jose McIver is the lady in the va to direct your call to,,she is the liason on this .......

meteck
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Thu 28 Aug 2014, 20:29

Believe me, I'm not holding my breathe either. Right now, I'm still waiting for the 4 months of ELB retro he promised we would be paid once the budget was passed.

bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Thu 28 Aug 2014, 18:29

Good for you Brasidas, and also with the interviews because at the end of the day thats the proof of the pudding.

Bigrex, you mentioned... " Is anyone else concerned by the response given by Fantino to the ACVA report? "
Not to splinter away from ACVA but I'm reminded of his response to Guy Parent recently in this article...

http://thechronicleherald.ca/canada/1230723-report-disabled-vets-missing-out-on-funds

Quote... " In a statement, Veteran Affairs Minister Julian Fantino said the findings of the ombudsman’s latest report will be considered as the government prepares its response to a Commons committee review, which has recommended a series of improvements to the legislation governing veterans benefits.

“I have asked officials at Veterans Affairs to ensure that they consider the recommendations found in the veterans ombudsman’s PIA report as well as consult his office in the development of solutions to improve the New Veterans Charter,” Fantino said."

"will be considered"   "has recommended a series of improvements"   "consider the recommendations"  "as well as consult his office"

Anyone holding their breathe? I'm not chompin' on the bit because it sounds very familiar to me. More committee's and reviews leading to nothing but more horse shyte.
pinger.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next