Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

28 September Memo

+4
K9
meathead
peep
liverlover
8 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

28 September Memo Empty Re: 28 September Memo

Post by Guest Sat 29 Sep 2012, 14:54

I wonder if when SISIP starts paying our monthly amount will they also include the amounts owed to us from May 1st when we won the case? Or will they just give us the monthly amount and later on give us the full amount owed?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Sep 2012, 14:49

Well the current government hates unionized bureaucrats and they will need money to settle this lawsuit. Maybe they can kill two birds with one stone.

Back to top Go down

Post by OldZipperhead Sat 29 Sep 2012, 14:41

Greatfoot – You are correct; the politician is not the problem, it is the bureaucrat that runs Canada. These simpletons get entrenched into their positions and there is no way they will allow the elected official full control and the ability to make decisions.

Let’s make it open season on Bureaucrats, no bag limit, leave the young ones alone and go for the heavily entrenched older ones. Maybe after a few have been removed from their positions, the rest might want to change their ways.

Just a thought!
OldZipperhead
OldZipperhead
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2012-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Sep 2012, 14:02

Last edited by Greatfoot on Tue 12 Feb 2013, 20:51; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Sep 2012, 12:17

oldzipperhead, they maybe has it, but personnaly i don't think they already put the old date on a computer. too exhaustive job and without this class action those boxes has continued to has dust on it. So i think they had to go with the swiffer duster, put their reading glasses like the old times. If we are lucky maybe they are on microfilm oufffffffffffffff lolll.

grosgig

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Sep 2012, 12:06

Look at the goverment cutbacks, I believe that the goverment really did not have a clue to how much this was going to cost. Once they realized it, No damages, No legal fees , prolonged case. This might go to the judge in jan and the two parties might not agree on anything so its back to the court room. With all the uncertainity in the memo , does it not seem odd, that there really is no answers from these court appearances and this suggests that our legal team and the DOJ are not happy campers and there is some real disagreements going on. I am glad maybe this monthly payment thing will start sooner but there is still no orders yet and for the guys who sisip has any doubts about, there life has just got harder not bettter/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Sep 2012, 11:57

The Government’s data challenges have pushed back our targeted court approval hearing slightly. (TOO BUSY COVERING THEIR TRACKS)
The parties have scheduled a target date for final court approval of any settlement for January 15-16, 2013. (RIGHT AFTER GOUV. MARTIAL LAW AND BANKS CRASH, long shot, but possible)
This is complicated by the fact that the proposed amounts may go back to the start of the offset, which was 1976. (OK, NICE, THEY DIDNT HAVE COMPUTERS BACK THEN, PLEASE TELL ME THEY TRANSFERED PAPERWORK ON COMPUTERS...we maybe in for a loooooong ride).
Meanwhile the GOC is still making profit from what they stole from us.
The more we wait the more interest they can make, and they want to transfer the bill to the tax payer, innacceptable, let them cut funds for F35, FEMA camps, gas cie.,greedy pharmaseutics, OGM, ... and to all the bull crap the GOC is serving us as good and normal. Wake up, they only thing they are talking about is the economy $$$, they do not care about us, all they want is more money, more power, and control, let them pay and leave tax payers alone for a while.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Sep 2012, 11:15

I called sisip at june 2012, if i'm qualify for the clawback
Am medical release until june 2005 ,and she said Yes ,she said poste me a formular for me
And the doctor to.
I poste the formular in july 2012 and no answer until.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Sep 2012, 10:57

How many people have called SISIP and asked the question do I qualify? and have gotten the run around answer that tells you nothing (SFA) just like all the memos to date!

The DOJ and GOC have been saying lots and telling people nothing for years that of course is there job, Baffle them with bullshit.

I for one think our legal team is doing a great job, keep it up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Sep 2012, 10:41

No , she said there has been no order to start the payments yet, and they are aware of the 9 oct date in the memo but all its for is updating your contact information, not starting your monthly payment. So the DOJ still has to give the order for those funds to start flowing. The memo kind of made me feel that on that day sisip would start the process of sending our payments to us, but from what she said, that doesnt seem quite correct yet. SHE at sisip has provided me alot of info and 99 percent of it has been true so far so i tend to believe her, She said guys like us , they know we qualify, we are the easy ones, but she said alot of guys think they are getting something and as of now they do not qualify and its going to take months and months for this third party arbtratior to get to each case. SHe figures march or april for payment of retro and a very long time for the other guys to see if they even qualify. Recon, we are the easy ones, they know us, so as soon as the order comes , its done for us

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Sep 2012, 10:35

Of course SISIP is always right and true, they are the mouth pieces for TB/GoC/CDS. They are simply a scape goat so they dont have to face facts first hand. Typical ploy, decentrilization (sp) disinformation baffles the massess.
The GoC works for us in theory, yet LOST IN TRANSLATION....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Sep 2012, 10:32

Hi Navrat ,

Did she say in that e-mail they are actually Starting Payments ?

If so , when ?

For Country
Recon031
Dave Fitzpatrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Sep 2012, 10:26

I got a voice mail from my worker at sisip and she said if you are entitled to a payment they will let you know by letter so watch the mail box. She said i have to do nothing they all ready know who quaiflys and who doesnt. Also i posted a while back stating what sisip old me regarding when the retro would be done and so forth. SO far no sisip has no court order to start monthly payments, and now the approval for the retro is 14 jan and could still be pushed back, who knows, But my worker did tell me that they, sisip , doesnt think the retro will be done until march or april if evertthing goes smoothly. I believe sisip because evertything they have told me has been true so far.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Sep 2012, 10:25

Though out this entire process, there seems to be a clear and evident lack of transparency... with the passing of information. I just want to be clear I'm in no way pointing fingers at our legal team, I truly believe that Dennis and his team are doing their absolute best in trying to relay information from what is said behind closed doors to the class, however that being said I also believe that the GOC does not what to deal with the repercussions of what they themselves have created. In regards to the last memo sent, we the class were told to wait....and that soon we would have more information?????

What new information was passed onto the class? The information that we were given does not provide any sort of reassurance to anyone, it does not provide any new details on 1. The Tax rate, 2. The interest rate, 3. The lawyers fees, or information that the classes considers important and information that every member has been asking for. Just seems to me to be another clever way of stalling by the GOC lets face it there have years of practice under there belt.... This class action suit has been dragged on for far to long, everyone is getting tired of being strung along like cattle.. daggling of the carrot so to speak. What we need now is clear, concise, transparency of detail, conversations and facts...

Wouldn't it be nice if the GOC would do just that....

Although this process has been over extended, dragged out, and long winded lets try and not loose focus on what the end state is...It is by no means Dennis fault with the lack of information by passed. He himself is told what he can or can not divulge to the class I'm sure... Stay strong, chin up and lets keep moving in a forward direction.. Don't let the GOC get there way...... Keep up the good fight Dennis we are behind you...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Sep 2012, 10:03

(sparrow) your comments at (00:56hrs) are good,

how will those that do not have access to a computer (this site, email) be informed that they qualify,

for myself I get information from this site, and from email notifications from McInnesCooper staff of the same memo's posted on here (some days later)

I doubt highly the government will spend any monies informing former CF members that they are entitled to a settlement.

some of those from the agent orange issue never got a settlement as they were not informed of a close/end/final to a government imposed application date and were not included.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next