Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

28 September Memo

+4
K9
meathead
peep
liverlover
8 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

28 September Memo - Page 3 Empty Re: 28 September Memo

Post by Guest Fri 28 Sep 2012, 21:00

I think the whole backdating to 1976 thing is making the government nervous. What will this final bill look like and do they have a slush fund to cover it? We are kind of being punished with no damages because of the sheer size and scope of this lawsuit.
Had it been 300-400 of us we probably would have gotten 20k each in damages. Just my opinion.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Sep 2012, 20:53

Last edited by Greatfoot on Tue 12 Feb 2013, 20:50; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Fri 28 Sep 2012, 19:52

Actually if you want to get picky, SISIP could have had people working on this since after we were successful at the Supreme Court. By that time, they knew that knew we were going to court as a class action, what exactly we were seeking and a timeline that we were looking at for retro-activity. Therefor they could have had a majority of files sifted through and sorted by those that only received coverage for 24 months, those who approved benefits until age 65 but at reduced rates, those who were zero sum clients but not declared TPI after 24 months, and those zero sum clients who were declared TPI. Also, somebody has to have had completed audits earlier than this, since The DND ombudsmen had to have somebody crunch numbers while doing his investigation, plus I highly doubt that SISIP does not have some sort of internal review process that verifies that no money is spent unnecessarily, and has kept accurate books to prove it.

And as to all the complainers, keep it up. I know when I get really fed up some days, I would rather vent out my frustration on these forums andget accused of whining, than bottle it in and then blow up at my family later. The trick is to keep it civil and aimed at the right people, and on your good days, try to help others on here. It all balances out.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by peep Fri 28 Sep 2012, 19:33

Very well put olddog.
But while I am not suffering from PTSD, some of the worst cases from combat/pain can be found here. I do not expect them to be any different then they are right now. Teentiten reals in when she has to.
After this last memo, their is almost nothing left to be paranoid about. Taxes are the only surprise left out their.
peep
peep
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 843
Registration date : 2012-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Sep 2012, 19:24

They clearly went into today`s meeting with 1 topic zero sum clients. They must have discussed fees and taxes because really it don`t matter about data bases and how what where and why nuts and bolts.

What are the taxes and what are the lawyers fees. there rest don`t matter.

We all know how many years you are owed for now it just a matter of are we losing 30% - 70%

They know

PS your right greatfoot.

Oh ya do you know what the people that opted out are going to get

30% more then we are

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Sep 2012, 19:20

Last edited by Greatfoot on Tue 12 Feb 2013, 20:49; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Sep 2012, 19:15

I have been following this site for some time as I am effected by the outcome of the court case and the SISIP Claw Back. I have however been very hesitant to comment on the things being said on this site. However after reading grosgig's last comments I had to add my two cents worth. I agree with grosgig completely. While this comment is not for all, I have never read or heard more paranoid, whining, crap from people in my life. Those whining people , who doubt everyone , blame everyone and complain about everything and think everyone is against them need to grow up. They are embarassing the uniform they once served with their comments and attitudes. They should thank our Lawyers and team for all the efforts and wait and see what comes instead of all this speculation and dooms saying.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Sep 2012, 19:06

Here's something positive like Teentitan said they didnt know how far back to look for people. They need to get their team together just like the team you wait for on the telephone. Are only agent will get to you at a first come first serve bases.
If we the people were sued for money back to them this would have been settled months ago. They would close shop and have the force on it, and as for going back to the date well when it started because they know when this started.

Not enough time is BS

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Sep 2012, 18:50

Bitching for bitching lollllll

It's not acceptable that in a country who has two official language, i had to wait until october 1 to read the memo in French. we are in 2012. The legal team will made 100000000000000000.00 dollars and they don't have the money to pay a translator.

You know everybody can find something or someone to bitch at, this is just to tell you that we can not redo the canadian laws, that the legal team is in NEGOCIATION, so everything can changed in a click of a finger, we are lucky in my opinion that Peter take the time to answer the questions, that Teentitan take time to post it here, they had no obligation to do it so............. WE ARE LUCKY to have some information but again....some are bitching again. Are we adult here ? Many of us have chidren and sometime remember we have to tell them ..... BE PATIENT.

It is about 600 millions, they maybe have to retro it until the beginning, finding the people, make arrangement acceptable to each individual, you want to do their jobs ??? Me no......so for me i will be patient wait for years........... a couple of months will not change my life. And for my personnal opinion i don t want to blew your anniversary balloon but consider every penny that we will received has a bonus, don't make too much dreams and don t buy a new car.
For me the legal team has done a great job, i respect them, some peoples here have my respects, but some oufffffffffffffffffffffffffff take a break of bitching, be constructive and positive, and try to relax.

P.S. We are in the same situation, so don t play the piano that you're different, everybody here are not in top shape. Each of us has to deal with his own medical problems, pills, side effects. etc.............name it.

The smell of the money had effect some people here. Just to say that i DREAM that everybody here will be respectfull for the ones who has and will help us. They are not our slave...............and i'm very tired to read naegative comments. Like i always say if you're not happy shut up and do it yourself, but don't ask me to help you

Again excuse me for my English,

Grosgig (vandoos)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Sep 2012, 16:45

To be Frank: Send to ALL...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Sep 2012, 16:43

Dear Peter as for change of Address…For those that are in my case "IE" I was with sisip for 24 months 2000/2002 and have moved since and I'm sure my file has been archieved. I am not a zero sum client, how will I be contacted. Do I send my mailing address to Mcinnes Cooper or to Manulife?

Last edited by Cook861 on Fri 28 Sep 2012, 16:50; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Sep 2012, 16:35

Seems to me, SISIP should continue on with day to day admin, and let say an non biased 3rd party deal with archieved case files. Ideas?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Sep 2012, 16:32

Well navrat my story is like yours (about Half the time) SISIP has all my info and they require nothing from me at this point, as of 3:45pm 28 Sept 2012 they just are waiting word to start the paper work or payments??????? I have no idea why they cant get off there collective asses and do the right thing for all of us zero sum clients in the system. after all with the money they made I am sure SISIP picked up a few computers along the way, as for our legal team and thoughs who back them GREAT WORK keep it up!

I know not every one is happy and you will never please every one. If some one has to start pointing fingers than point them in the right direction and that is at the GOC, DOJ andSISIP they are the ones who cause delays and slow down release of information as well as payments not the people working for us, and I am only guessing at this.

No amount of complaining is going to change any out come at this stage, in fighting is counter productive and will cause more people to shut down who need the help of the people who make a great deal of difference on these forums. I would suggest working to wards helpping out those who need it the most because the closer we get to the end the more question that will come from new people to these forums.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Fri 28 Sep 2012, 16:31

The simple anwer to your question Navrat is this...if you are a zero sum client that means your file with SISIP was archived or put in the dormant department.

They want you to contact them so you can give them your contact info because they don't know if you are still at the same address and telephone number because your file was dormant. So for administrative continuity they want the first step to be zero sum clients to contact Manulife first.

Yes you have stayed in contact with SISIP but a very large percentage of the zero sum class has not.

Also they may have had all summer to work on calculating how much each client is supposed to get but and this is an important BUT Manulife had no idea how far back the settlement was going to go.

So until they were told by the DoJ/Toope they carried on with their usual day to day business of dealing with active clients.

SISIP Management did use the summer to plan how to organize their workers for when the date was established. So they are now going to use today to 9 October to set up the office and organize their people for their tasks.

Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Sep 2012, 16:15

hello

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content