Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Its coming fast, lets start mailing the judge

5 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Its coming fast, lets start mailing the judge - Page 2 Empty Re: Its coming fast, lets start mailing the judge

Post by Guest Mon 19 Nov 2012, 20:29

you would think but apparently not.

Back to top Go down

Its coming fast, lets start mailing the judge - Page 2 Empty Re: Its coming fast, lets start mailing the judge

Post by Guest Mon 19 Nov 2012, 20:26

ltd i think reading memos from m-c should catch everyone up for the moast part.
propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Nov 2012, 20:17

Frustration is a finkle biatch, it's funny how uppercase font is supposed to indicate shouting, but it really does not make reading text any "louder". I hear ya!!!!!!. Perhaps if there was not so many threads going on at the same time consisting of almost the same topic, one would be able to keep up with what was already said or not said, what was asked or not asked, what was answered or what was not answered. Maybe a new string labeled FACTS or like in most forums a thread titled FAQ'S (frequently asked questions) could be started by the mod and maintained by the mod so it like most of the threads here would not get out of control, and newbies would have a place to start reading before posting the same question in multiple threads, Just A thought!!! Don't get me wrong I'm always at the front of the line when it comes to free speech...... just make it organized!!!!.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Nov 2012, 19:03

robbie i understand that buds this should have been settled years ago.
propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Mon 19 Nov 2012, 19:00

FOR THE LAST F'N TIME THE LAWFIRM IS NOT...I REPEAT IS NOT GOING AFTER ANY PAYMENT GOING FORWARD!

Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Nov 2012, 18:42

I hear ya buddy, I am just getting tired is all, yesterday i had nothing and today or tomorrow i have a chance to see the light at the end of that freaking sphincter that has had me and my family by the neck for the past 10 years. Guess i just don't wanna start this shit over again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Nov 2012, 17:42

With the GOC not covering legal fees and fighting tooth and nail against damages, I have to ask myself, What is left???

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Nov 2012, 17:28

robbi waiting for the settlement is a good point as ive stated many times before i was just commenting on weather any of us should give our oppinion on case law to a federal court judge.everyone is entitled to their oppinion and some may think its a good idea.for all i know (just being an old grunt)they are probably right.as for me its just something im not gona do for reasons stated in my last.
propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Nov 2012, 17:02

going forward i am told repeatedly they have no intention of reducing our going forward sisip payments with legal fees

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Nov 2012, 16:55

Peter....Maxed out..... had a good question, which in the eyes of us vets could really make or break our approval of the proposition being released Dec 15 and that question is....................."is the law firm seeking a predetermined percentage of our monthly SISIP checks going forward from the May 2012 court date ? " or is the legal fee only calculated from the entitled payments from SISIP PRE may 2012? In plain English is the law firm seeking a percentage of my SISIP payment for as long as I get it?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Nov 2012, 16:55

Ok propat that sounds a lot like hasty calculation talk there. But hey whadda you do its seems like everyone wants to jump on a deliberate charge here. I say wait till the applicable documentation is in your hand and then you can deliver your proposals, your opinions and what not. I respect your views troops but knocking down doors that are not there is well, silly ole speculation. I for one have stressed out enough and I will only react with something in hand instead of this guessing game. No disrespect intended to anyone

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Nov 2012, 15:41

Thats what i mean, even a gesture of paying legal fees would be a step forward in saying sorry, but that is not going to happen and i contacted the Conservative member of parliament for my area and he said thru his sec that since its before the courts he cant comment, so once again what ae you going to do against the machine

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Mon 19 Nov 2012, 15:35

I agree propat. always respectful. I just want him to consider how this looks on Face Value. Anyone who looks at the facts of the case, including Harper while in Opposition, has agreed that the government of Canada has acted unfairly. Unfortunately, once the Tories formed government, Harper continued to knowingly deprive disabled Veterans of what they were owed as a way of saving money. And then he tried every trick in the book to fight us. Even when our lawyers asked them to settle out of court, asking only for what was taken, they hid behind the fact that it was in the courts, even though settling earlier in the proceedings would have saved a lot of public money.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Nov 2012, 15:00

What i think Peter meant by the 60 percent level, is say your total clawback was 36000.00 for 24 months. By the time legal fees and court costs are taken off you will get 21600 dollars. Then depending on your province and deducttions take another 30 percent of this for income tax, 6480 dollars, meaning the amount sisip will sent you is 15210 dolllars in your pocket.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Nov 2012, 14:46

If I recieve enough to take my family on a vacation with a little left over to get my boat in the water I will be glad. To make it to 'Happy' with the settlement would be to recieve a minimum of 60% net. So my hopes are at least to walk in the white sand and fishing with my kids. Anything extra would be a bonus.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next