Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I recieved an update as to why there is a delay in the acceptance of the final agreement

+7
bigrex
froggie2u36
peep
1993firebird
Teentitan
Sapper Zodiak
pteadams2002
11 posters

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

I recieved an update as to why there is a delay in the acceptance of the final agreement  - Page 4 Empty Re: I recieved an update as to why there is a delay in the acceptance of the final agreement

Post by beleaf67 Thu 28 Mar 2013, 00:09

teentitan, what are you talking about? Makes no sense whatsoever!! Nobody would have to return any money, the claw back was, is and will always be illegal! Regardless if there's an agreement or not concerning legal fees tomorrow, down the road, or whenever, the reinstatement of the monthly SISIP LTD is not an issue! The monthly reinstatement does not change, regardless of the ongoing review by JB!! You seem to be under the incorrect impression that the monthly entitlement could be cancelled if JB turned down this agreement! The government of Canada has already made it very clear that the clawback was and is illegal! Those in receipt of SISIP LTD need not be concerned with regard to it being suddenly terminated due to JB's disagreement or his desire to modify the current proposal! The proposed settlement in front of JB deals with our retro, legal fees, taxes, interest, etc..., and not the reinstatement and continuation of anybody's monthly SISIP LTD! In the unlikely event, that JB sent all parties back to the table, monthly SISIP benefits would continue as long as the affected member met the requirements of the annual medical update!

beleaf67
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2012-11-30

Back to top Go down

I recieved an update as to why there is a delay in the acceptance of the final agreement  - Page 4 Empty Re: I recieved an update as to why there is a delay in the acceptance of the final agreement

Post by Teentitan Wed 27 Mar 2013, 18:51

Thanks trooper that is what I was going to say to Maxed Out.

It would be a nightmare if the Judge says no (I'm not saying he will!) and everyone has to return the money. Money that probably paid a lot of bills, mortgages, college fees, loans.

Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Mar 2013, 18:13

Maxed,
I could be wrong here, but I think the Judge has to put his approval stamp on the proposal before any retro is given.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Mar 2013, 17:56

Teentitan my suggestion was lessen the stress. there is no extra paper work, just two cheques. one for retro, and one legal fees not paid to MC.
In the end the paperwork will be the same.

Retro- taxes- legal fees = cash in hand.

My suggestion is simple:

Retro- taxes =cash in hand
max legal fees- mc fees as decided by the judge= cash in hand

No head aches simple math, this makes it much easier for everybody.
There no extra calculations they are already done on the retro,interest and taxes. I am just spliting the legal fees away from the mix, but still allowing them to be held in trust. We will pay nothing extra,only receive a cheque if MC is not granted all their fees by the court.
This allows us Vets who could really use the money now get it to our pockets.

Back to top Go down

Post by K9 Wed 27 Mar 2013, 17:02

How it works in the Federal Court is that you cannot talk to the Judge without the other Party present. Everything the Judge asks MC, the Crown is told and Vice vera.

So if there is something going on between the Court and a party, everyone knows. So if MC or The Rep plaintiff say the know nothing, it means the Judge didn't communicate with them.

And every communication of importance are writen in the docket @
http://cas-ncr-nter03.cas-satj.gc.ca/IndexingQueries/infp_RE_info_f.php?court_no=T-463-07

So, what to do with the letter? Maybe the Crown wants to change something but hasn't decided yet and the Court asn't been made aware yet or it is all ...

We have no news because it is not finished but we should get a result soon.

Maybe after the result, then and only then will the Crown will decide to had to the offer and pay what ever they want to had.

Cheers.
K9
K9
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 333
Registration date : 2012-09-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Mar 2013, 16:40

Maxed Out. That is exactly what i had proposed in my letter to Justice Barnes back in January. I asked him if he could have the cheques sent out with the appropriate holdback of max legal fees and have these fees put in a separate account until decision made on subject fees.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Wed 27 Mar 2013, 15:03

Maxed Out sorry but that would only complicate matters even more. It would double the paperwork, confuse veterans with calculations, taxes etc.

I myself only want to deal with one "set" of paperwork not two.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Mar 2013, 15:02

Navrat wrote:Still waiting for a update from our very own CSAT intel officer , The SPARROW,

Unfortunately Navster, today is the same response from the Fed Court in Ottawa ~ no info pending in repository inbox of Court system or on the Fed Court National website.
sparrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Mar 2013, 14:31

Release the retro, with a hold on max legal fees

by Maxed Out Today at 13:40

I don't see why they can not release the retro owed with a hold on possible legal fees. If legal fees are the only thing holding back our payment. Hold in trust the max legal fees that could be charged and release the rest, this would reduce stress on all including the judge in his decision. Then when the decision is finally released if we are owed more back to us from legal fees simply cut another cheque for the remainder. This would be an easy fix to the whole mess.[b]
I do think this has gone on long enough!!!!!!!!!
Your Thoughts?????????

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Zodiak Wed 27 Mar 2013, 14:29

'these are the pieces of information that should have been disclosed to us, the class. Without any knowledge or direction, we seem to want to eat each other alive. Good to know. Three more years of waiting would fall even the most stoic of us.

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2012-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Mar 2013, 13:37

Still waiting for a update from our very own CSAT intel officer , The SPARROW,

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Mar 2013, 12:33

I never said anything about there being any delay due to an email sent to my MP. I do not have an open door policy with Justice Barnes. Talk about facts you did not read the letter but hanks for your comment hamdford

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Mar 2013, 12:28

I agree hamdford, we already knew what was going, thanks for your input greatly appreciated.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Mar 2013, 12:26

no, just comming rom FB, if that counts

Back to top Go down

Post by peep Wed 27 Mar 2013, 12:24

But you came here to read the update.
That counts for something
peep
peep
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 843
Registration date : 2012-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next