Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I recieved an update as to why there is a delay in the acceptance of the final agreement

+7
bigrex
froggie2u36
peep
1993firebird
Teentitan
Sapper Zodiak
pteadams2002
11 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

I recieved an update as to why there is a delay in the acceptance of the final agreement  - Page 5 Empty Re: I recieved an update as to why there is a delay in the acceptance of the final agreement

Post by Guest Wed 27 Mar 2013, 12:21

Actually in my view this letter doesn t say much more than we already know... The judge is taking time to see how much he will award MC. WOW big news.
If you think he is taking more time because of your letter, well you really have alot of weight! you gonna help him write is judgment also I bet... BZ
Speculation and BS, that is why I stopped comming here.

Back to top Go down

I recieved an update as to why there is a delay in the acceptance of the final agreement  - Page 5 Empty Re: I recieved an update as to why there is a delay in the acceptance of the final agreement

Post by Guest Wed 27 Mar 2013, 11:30

Thanks Sparrow, I love it, oh MC actually made a comment! Ya, when it effects their pocket book!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Mar 2013, 11:30

Well I did not make the letter appear troops it was written as you can see by the MND and those are his comments not mine. I did not fabricate this letter as the copy you see is the original. If someone wants to call it propaganda then so be it. I call it a tidbit of info and the only info we have had in over 40 days.If it causes some distress then I do apologize but hey I am only posting factual information that was actually generated by the MND. I could careless what people on Leave no Vet behind or FaceBook think of me as a veteran I think some should question why is the GOC responding to my emails and letters. I think it rather shocking that a response was made period, we usually get, "we will not comment on this as it is still an ongoing issue". Cheers folks and if I receive any other info I will pass it on, seems it will go viral anyhow.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Mar 2013, 10:49

These comments attached below were posted on Leave No Vet Behind facebook page in reference to letter by MP Cheryl Gallant ~ response posts from McInnes Cooper in ref to the letter ~ I am only forwarding comments and info on csat, I did not post on Leave No Vet Behind facebook page

Leave No Vet Behind This is simply not true. Please send a copy of this letter to sisipltdsettlement @ mcinnescooper.com.

Leave No Vet Behind The Government lawyers originally wanted this trial to be scheduled in 2016 or later. It was through Class Counsel's innovative argument that this Government practice dating back to 1976 was declared illegal.

Leave No Vet Behind The Government lawyers argued for 4 years that the veterans did not even have a right to sue the Government.

Sparrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Mar 2013, 10:39

Hurry up and wait,...time remains the same,..one,..,two-three,..one!

Back to top Go down

Post by tinybubbles Wed 27 Mar 2013, 09:44

I see there are comments on facebook about this letter. It looks like whomever is on "Leave no vet behind" is saying this is simply not true' wtg on info RR

tinybubbles
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2012-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Mar 2013, 08:46

Checked with my sister, a senior crown in Toronto. The "repayment" in her estimation is simply what will be re-payed to MC as their compensation in this matter. The judge is probably pouring over any and all past class actions to come to a fair amount. Sometimes it can be a delay of 7 to 10 days (or weeks) just to have an office worker or para legal spend time in the law books highliting and photocopying various bits of case law. This could be a big part of the delay, which is the actual research and dissemination of the info which then has to be analyzed with a final ruling put in print.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Mar 2013, 21:19

As for the term "Repayment" just remember it came from the Minister of National Defence" and his office so it may have been the same clown that wrote Peter Mackays famous War of 1812 goof, when he said the French fought along side of the British during the war.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Mar 2013, 20:53

Yup, still kind of bewildered. As a individual, I would expect to pay a lawyer 30%. Collectively as a class action, I think it borders criminal to ask nearly 20% of a group of 7500 disabled veterans. The men and women that have protected the very freedoms that lawyers take advantage of, then rob us. It actually breaks my heart.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Mar 2013, 19:55

Jay Paxton, the MND's Communications Director would be better 613-996-3100

Cabinet contact list:
http://www.hilltimes.com/feature/feature/2011/06/13/cabinets-directors-of-communications-and-chiefs-of-staff-list-2011/28068

Thanks for the intel RR and wb Sparrow.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Mar 2013, 19:39

Robbie,
Is it possible to contact Cheryl, to ask her the clarity of the word repayment, from her Letter.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Tue 26 Mar 2013, 19:34

Maybe they are referring to costs and disbursements, which is money already paid out by the lawfirm, which was accounting for the additional 2% to the lawyers. Lord knows the GoC were more than willing to ask for costs if they had won, and legally the judge can order these to be paid under certain conditions. Imagine if even if we do have to pay the legal bill, the rate is cut to 3-5% and the GoC has to pay costs. That would be a hell of a lot better than even I asked for in court.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Mar 2013, 19:12

Ya, what's with repayment?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Mar 2013, 19:06

The word REPAYMENT is new to me, to pay the fees I get but repayment?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Mar 2013, 19:04

The question now is how long will this delay the release and decision of the court ! I don't mine waiting a bit longer but not months!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next