Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I recieved an update as to why there is a delay in the acceptance of the final agreement

+7
bigrex
froggie2u36
peep
1993firebird
Teentitan
Sapper Zodiak
pteadams2002
11 posters

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

I recieved an update as to why there is a delay in the acceptance of the final agreement  - Page 6 Empty Re: I recieved an update as to why there is a delay in the acceptance of the final agreement

Post by peep Tue 26 Mar 2013, 18:51

bounce
peep
peep
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 843
Registration date : 2012-09-13

Back to top Go down

I recieved an update as to why there is a delay in the acceptance of the final agreement  - Page 6 Empty Re: I recieved an update as to why there is a delay in the acceptance of the final agreement

Post by bigrex Tue 26 Mar 2013, 18:45

I'm wondering if this is referring to the Judge approaching the Government to pay the legal fees, even though not agreed to in the proposal? If his word is the law on the amount of legal fees to be payed, there is nothing to dispute, other than who is actually going to pay it. It is the only logical reason for a dispute, since otherwise their involvement in any aspect of the legal fees would have been over.

*Disclaimer* - This in no means says that our fees are going to be paid for, just that the judge may have asked.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Mar 2013, 18:40

Nothing on 'Leave No Vet Behind' facecrack about the delays.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Mar 2013, 18:34

I also talked to Dennis yesterday and he says nothing has changed and he knows no more than we do, like I said I will not bash any vets. And if he says that he knows nothing then he knows nothing. I do however believe that MC knows the score and if that is how they deal with things then we will deal with the situation our way, vets are resourceful and that should be the focus. Keep up the solid work troops we will prevail.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Mar 2013, 18:31

para i dont think the leagal fees would send the agreement back as they would be two seperate issues.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Mar 2013, 18:29

I do not think it was hidden as as much as it was written within the agreement I call it brilliant but not sneaky just confusing to us non legal types. Ex-Para this will not go back to the table it is a done deal, we just wait to see if the final outcome.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Mar 2013, 18:28

a guess and only a guess.if he is working on leagal fees its becouse he gave a yes to the agreement.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Mar 2013, 18:25

thank you a thousand times rr. this is so encouraging and i will pray to anything or anyone including my grumpy old arthritic dog for lower legal fees! that puts the 'dig' into treating us with dignity dont it?

so now we know something which is pretty certain-if you think we are stressed imagine how stressed the lawyers are?! they know the media will pick this up in a heartbeat and guess what? CSAT sisters &brothers will not be the only ones who know how greedy these lawyers are----the entire legal profession, the rest of Canada & the history books will know greed &your name is ___________&______________&___________(fill in blank with lawyers names)

oh please lower legal fees
oh please lower legal fees
oh please lower legal fees (three times a charm) bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Mar 2013, 18:24

I wonder if this, is something that could cause the agreement to be sent back to the tables? I sure hope not. P.S thanks Rob for taking the time to explain it to me. There is no way the firm should have hidden this to the class. An update would have been nice.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Mar 2013, 18:23

If I can possibly bring to light that in Halifax Judge Barnes made reference to 7.5 % plus a 3.27% HST as a staple for fees but he became confused when a figure of 17.83% was brought forward, my guess and I state guess is that Judge Barnes did not see the the 17.83% on January 9th so in his estimation why would he allow that 7.5% on February 14th/15th. If you ask me he is weighing on the posted fees of 7.5% plus the 3.27 % HST nothing more but hopefully less.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Mar 2013, 18:23

Dennis, as our lead plantiff, any comment! The law firm should have told you, it's not fun being left out in the dark!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Mar 2013, 18:20

I betcha the law firm is pissed, pissed, pissed, when CSAT gets going, we put CSIS to shame!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Zodiak Tue 26 Mar 2013, 18:18

So Robbie gets a cut from MC now? Why the hell not. Good job!
Sapper

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2012-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Mar 2013, 18:17

What Woman wouldn't want a night out at the Hamilton Legion on a Friday, all you can eat fish fry plus some good ole laker beer, then sit out front and watch the smoke stacks blow fire periodically into the night, I believe I could get her to wave taxes also.,

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Mar 2013, 18:14

It may take some doing Navster but you just might Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next