Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Increased Disability Award & Retro

+60
atarijedi
Tonythebosn
Idioventricular Rhythm
TK
prawnstar
Cdnspr
BinRat
tetech
Artynewf
Old Army Guy
Ireland102
cdnnavy77
thunderbolt
cosmo12
Incognito
Bigbrook
Taz
Tanker73
GunnerturnedTrucker
Jacko
wolfgate
bigthree
bog6
Willie
bosn181
Have a good one!
Bluesky1943
tiger660
Tilap61
Gardener101
SIGS PIGS
Supremedebater
Armygunner
Iceman
Rustytheviking
EZRider
Oliv617
Shogun-VP
czerv
Slaket
Vet1234
LawnBoy77777
vaincre
PhaseIV
pinger
Dannypaj
Panserbjørn
Teentitan
Rifleman
johnny211
VRI
RCN-Retired
Teager
1993firebird
srproctor
LostTrucker
bigrex
rucksack031
Recon031
64 posters

Page 4 of 59 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 31 ... 59  Next

Go down

Increased Disability Award & Retro - Page 4 Empty Haven't got mine yet

Post by chillier76 Sat 08 Apr 2017, 12:33

Anyone else that hasn't got theirs yet?
Should I be worried?

chillier76
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2013-09-23

Back to top Go down

Increased Disability Award & Retro - Page 4 Empty Re: Increased Disability Award & Retro

Post by BinRat Tue 04 Apr 2017, 19:35

bruce72 wrote:Does anyone know why we can't have the option of annual payments for the one time DA top up? I'm not necessarily saying that is what I want, but some vets might.

One vet mentioned today he received $18000 dollars.  Maybe that vet would like 3  separate annual payments of $6000 which equates to $500 a month.

Q22: I previously chose to have annual payments for my Disability Award instead of a lump sum. Will the additional payment that I receive impact my annual payment?

No. Based upon the legislation, the additional payment can only be paid as a one-time lump sum. As such, you will continue to receive your annual payments as previously calculated with no impact on your existing arrangements.

BinRat
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Increased Disability Award & Retro - Page 4 Empty Re: Increased Disability Award & Retro

Post by Bluesky1943 Tue 04 Apr 2017, 19:23

My top up arrived in my bank account today.

Bluesky1943
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2017-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Apr 2017, 15:20

Does anyone know why we can't have the option of annual payments for the one time DA top up? I'm not necessarily saying that is what I want, but some vets might.

One vet mentioned today he received $18000 dollars. Maybe that vet would like 3 separate annual payments of $6000 which equates to $500 a month.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 31 Mar 2017, 14:40

Supremedebater wrote:Trooper that link for the video I needed is not the right video. The video I'm looking for the minister was at the summit and I beleive Aaron Bedard was recording it. The minister commits on that video that veterans will get the difference they received to the top up to $360,000. He as asked the question by someone that "if a veteran received x numbers of dollars will they subra t that from the new amount and the minister committed to it and said yes they will. Hey are we not going after him for this commitment. Like the judge just released in the Equitas suit that the goc committed to fixing the issue so the court case stands. Equitas is now moving forward unless the goc comes up with some miracle solution.

Supreme,

I believe that was the may 2016 summit. That particular question was asked more than once, at different settings. The minister committed in public more than once that the Veteran would be topped up to $360,000. If you look at some of the public media interviews post budget, that very issue was brought to light. Our Minister has put his foot in his mouth several times with no consequences held against him. More importantly, our Prime Minister said publicly that he would reinstate lifelong pensions, there's only one lifelong pension that was ever in place, he is not reinstating lifelong pensions. He is going to implement a lifelong pension which could be anything. My point is both the MVA and the PM have committed a promise where both have reneged on their commitment and both have come out of it with no consequences, even though these defaults have been publicly brought to light. That is probably why your not seeing a huge movement in going after them for failing in their commitment. They both have their own fanfare, and they keep saying that there's only a handful of Veterans who are disappointed with the way things are going on our file.

Regarding the Equitas, to my knowledge no word from the court yet.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluesky1943 Fri 31 Mar 2017, 12:01

Supreme. Please elaborate on judge's release re. Equitas

Bluesky1943
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Supremedebater Fri 31 Mar 2017, 08:37

Trooper that link for the video I needed is not the right video. The video I'm looking for the minister was at the summit and I beleive Aaron Bedard was recording it. The minister commits on that video that veterans will get the difference they received to the top up to $360,000. He as asked the question by someone that "if a veteran received x numbers of dollars will they subra t that from the new amount and the minister committed to it and said yes they will. Hey are we not going after him for this commitment. Like the judge just released in the Equitas suit that the goc committed to fixing the issue so the court case stands. Equitas is now moving forward unless the goc comes up with some miracle solution.

Supremedebater
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2016-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by atarijedi Thu 30 Mar 2017, 16:04

Just posting a correction for an error I noticed. On MyVAC, it tells me the previous max was $314,723.89, so with the increase to $360,000. That means people will be getting a 14.39% top up, not the 16.1% previously mentioned.

atarijedi
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2017-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 Mar 2017, 13:50

Bluesky1943 wrote:Trooper.
Looks like I have frustrated you enough. Let's drop this.
I will await official word. Hopefully within the next few weeks eh?
Thanks again.
Blue sky,

No problem, not frustrated just trying to help out.

I hope everything works out for you with your retro payment.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 Mar 2017, 13:46

Bluesky1943 wrote:Trooper
$94416 - 66814 = $27602
I got $31472 for some reason??

The $94416 is what you should have got for your award.

Your retro for this year amount should be 30% of $360,000 which is $108,000 - $94416 = $13,584 retro for this year.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluesky1943 Thu 30 Mar 2017, 13:44

Trooper.
Looks like I have frustrated you enough. Let's drop this.
I will await official word. Hopefully within the next few weeks eh?
Thanks again.
Bluesky.

Last edited by Bluesky1943 on Thu 30 Mar 2017, 13:47; edited 1 time in total

Bluesky1943
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BinRat Thu 30 Mar 2017, 13:37

The reason trooper round up to 20% is because VAC pays on the 5's or 10's..

so 5,10,15,20,25,30 etc etc....

if you get for example 22% they'll round down to 20%.
if you get say 28% they'll round up to 30%
and 23% will go to 25%

BinRat
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluesky1943 Thu 30 Mar 2017, 13:34

Trooper
$94416 - 66814 = $27602
I got $31472 for some reason??

Bluesky1943
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 Mar 2017, 13:29

Bluesky1943 wrote:I totally agree.
I have the documents in my hand! But that's exactly what I got.

You should find someone to have a look at those documents.

Here's the link to the chart: http://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/help/faq/disability-award-increase

Click on: How is this one-time lump sum additional payment calculated?

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluesky1943 Thu 30 Mar 2017, 13:21

I totally agree.
I have the documents in my hand! But that's exactly what I got.

Bluesky1943
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 59 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 31 ... 59  Next