Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tinnitus

+14
kelly2564
oldsailor
daverobitaille@rogers.com
sports_1977
Newfie
MarieH
coppers2002
Tactical Snoopy
Art8
bosn181
bigrex
propat
BinRat
Gunner8
18 posters

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Tinnitus - Page 6 Empty Re: Tinnitus

Post by bosn181 Fri 02 Mar 2018, 10:17

i am glad you got your masking device and it did not take a long time to get sorted out. so many people not sure about the consequently side effects and what they can put in for. they can make a big difference on your overall %. i am helping a vet put in for Xerostomia which is dry mouth as a side effect of his ptsd and medications like dried marihuana that should also be around 5%. every little bit helps him out to get to a higher %.

bosn181
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 359
Registration date : 2017-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post by bosn181 Fri 02 Mar 2018, 10:13

in order to get masking device your tinnitus had to be at 5% so if you were at 4% they bumped you up to 5% and then gave you 5% for the masking device as for how they paid you out before i am not sure but this 5% should be worth 18k area if you took a lump sum.

bosn181
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Art8 Fri 02 Mar 2018, 08:37

I got my letter today and they are paying me at 5%. I’ve been prescribed a masking device and diagnosed with severe tinnitus. I called the lady who I talked to before , she said they took it into account and she was gonna look into it and see what’s going on. I have a feeling because I was 4% before , now they only bumped me up to 10% which would be another 6% and then payed me 5%. Which is completely wrong Because when I was previously diagnosed with 4%, I was only payed like $3000, and I wasn’t bumped up to 5%. Anyone else deal with this? Thanks

Art8

Art8
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2018-01-16

Back to top Go down

Post by bosn181 Thu 01 Mar 2018, 16:26

i just hoping it all goes good and i am glad to hear it did not take a very long time to get it done keep us up to date.

bosn181
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Art8 Thu 01 Mar 2018, 09:25

Update

My Tinnitus reassessment was completed two days ago and a decision letter is in the mail. This has been a lot faster than expected. When I spoke to someone on the phone I was told I probably wouldn’t have a decision until June/July, because they are way behind. It took about 9 weeks total.

Art8

Art8
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Art8 Thu 22 Feb 2018, 21:37

They have all my info now, it was sent in by the reassessment lady that dealt with my case. She told me they are fast with tinnitus reassessment. They updated my vac account to step 3 about 10 days ago, which was a couple days after the lady told me she had sent it in. I’ll keep you posted for sure. Thanks again

Art

Art8
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bosn181 Wed 21 Feb 2018, 22:36

for me and a few others yes, we went to the doc got the prescription walked it down to vac instead of mailing it all in seeing we live so close and the four of us that did all got it in a very timely manner and one of the guys sent his by mail and took a little longer. not sure how long it will take for you seeing how backed up they say they are good luck keep us up to date

bosn181
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Art8 Wed 21 Feb 2018, 15:20

bosn181, was it less than 2 months from when they prescribed u the mask, or when u submitted your reassessment? Thanks

Art

Art8
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Art8 Wed 07 Feb 2018, 14:22

Bosn181, i hope your right on the reassessment only takes a month or 2, I was talking to them today and they said it could take 5-6 months because there so behind.

Art8
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bosn181 Wed 31 Jan 2018, 11:14

i was awarded max for tinnitus was turned down for hearing loss. going through appeals and they found my release test for hearing loss and it showed hearing loss so back on the wait list to get it sorted out. was told by appeals that there was over 5000 hearing loss and knee applications and that they had a lot of intern people and that those people are not always as up to date as they need to be when completing a vets file. they just hope you give up and go away keep fighting and don't be afraid to appeal.

bosn181
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BinRat Tue 30 Jan 2018, 20:34

Yup, cause I got tinnitus as well without hearing loss, thou they denied my claim 1st off by saying cause I had no hearing loss I didn't have
tinnitus, then my Audiologist wrote an extremely awesome rebuttal stating that yes you can have tinnitus without having hearing loss..

Any I got mine approved but I did have to do a appeal to get it.

BinRat
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Tue 30 Jan 2018, 13:01

See, that is what I hate about VAC. There is no consistency . One person could get approved, while someone else, with identical symptoms and situation gets denied, simply because the adjudicator was having a bad day when their file crossed their desk.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 30 Jan 2018, 12:23

bigrex wrote:Hearing loss and tinnitus are separate claims, even if tinnitus is normally considered a consequential claim of hearing loss. So you can gets 11% for tinnitus, and an additional LSA for hearing loss. Honestly I was surprised that you said that you said that you had an award for tinnitus, without an approved hearing loss claim, because VAC denied my tinnitus claims, because they said that you can't have tinnitus, without hearing loss, and even though I do have hearing loss, it wasn't noticed during my release medical.
Well i was just approved for Tinnitus. I never was assessed for hearing loss.Only my wife thinks i have hearing issues!

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Tue 30 Jan 2018, 11:44

Hearing loss and tinnitus are separate claims, even if tinnitus is normally considered a consequential claim of hearing loss. So you can gets 11% for tinnitus, and an additional LSA for hearing loss. Honestly I was surprised that you said that you said that you had an award for tinnitus, without an approved hearing loss claim, because VAC denied my tinnitus claims, because they said that you can't have tinnitus, without hearing loss, and even though I do have hearing loss, it wasn't noticed during my release medical.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 30 Jan 2018, 10:34

Question if you at 11% for tinnitus. No claim for hearing loss can you get additional LSA for hearing loss?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next