Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Note From McInnes Cooper January 10, 2013

+3
froggie2u36
K9
MaggieinNB
7 posters

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

A Note From McInnes Cooper January 10, 2013 - Page 2 Empty Re: A Note From McInnes Cooper January 10, 2013

Post by Guest Thu 10 Jan 2013, 14:34

I for one Know that they are being recorded or listened to she was very uneasy while I was talking to her she tried to be nice but you could tell there was some thing off. just my impresion could be meds

Back to top Go down

A Note From McInnes Cooper January 10, 2013 - Page 2 Empty Re: A Note From McInnes Cooper January 10, 2013

Post by peep Thu 10 Jan 2013, 14:32

Will the rest of us be informed by the Law Firm if they are to be started LTD?
And in what class they are placed in?

These are answers we can not obtain from SISIP.

Last edited by peep on Thu 10 Jan 2013, 14:34; edited 1 time in total
peep
peep
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 843
Registration date : 2012-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Jan 2013, 14:31

Stop calling Sisip folks, you won't get anywhere as I am sure the higher ups have made it quite clear to the other staff that no information will be given out. If you owned a business and had employees and were under the gun of the Federal courts, would you allow your personnel to talk to the members of the class. I'm just saying save your energy. Start looking at tax sheltering and ways to save on tax's and stuff. Just saying. And congratulations on your winnings, whatever they may be after you figure it out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Jan 2013, 14:30

ok, good answer short and sweet. 14 years+

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Jan 2013, 14:28

F foundry, every $1.00 offset from your SISIP LTD by your Pension Act payment is being refunded with interest.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Jan 2013, 14:27

Yah take mine out of nav share to LOL

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Jan 2013, 14:27

6608:

I am sorry you think the 7.5% is spin, but here is my reasoning:

1. Contract provides for 30% on all amounts recovered;

2. We recovered $887M;

3. We believe 7.5% to be appropriate rather than 30%;

4. We can be paid 7.5% on the refund and 7.5% on current and future cheques; or we can seek a one time payment of 15% on the refund. Memebrs prefer one time.

5. Our HST/GST/PST represents 2% and disbursments .5% (expressed as a percentage so members share pro rata). So either 17.5% on refund or 8.75% on refund and 8.75% going forward.

5. 93% of members have received the majority of their money refund will be larger than cost going forward.

6. For this reason the manner in which we seek to be paid in once on the refund.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Jan 2013, 14:26

Peter how do we confirm if SISIP has or is giving us retro back to our release date? as of today SISIP will give no information due to Proposed order not being signed untill 14 -15 Feb, I have given them every thing they asked for and I have all of there letters from day one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Jan 2013, 14:24

Ya, Peter , just take the legal fees out , one shot ok, if the interest example you gave is correct than the deal is good, that's hat needed explaining, So go tell judge Barnes I accept it, thank you

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Jan 2013, 14:21

Supreme..I love the fact you are so honest and making the best of your life...That is healing!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Jan 2013, 14:17

Accept it or wait possibly years, and Peter is right regarding punitive damages, pain and suffering is not a easy task to win. The United States love and adopt the Punitive Damages. Canada does not. But anyway, I'm sure things will workout in the end for all.

Supreme out

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Jan 2013, 14:14

Tracker, according to SISIP 93% of the class have already received the majority of their money, so the fairest way, in our view, is to apply it to the refund.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Jan 2013, 14:11

Supremedebater wrote:Answer to your questions

1. All class members would still be getting clawed back...much more in the future then what the firm would be deducting.
2. I learned a long time ago, whatever you feel with regards to retribution, throw your feelings out the window when it comes to law. Because legislation, case law and jurisprudence contain much more power then ones emotions. How can one assumptions about ring cut off at 55, these are issues you or others would have to deal with on an individual basis. The law is what it is, you nor I are able to change it. So if I lost my job at 55 do I ask the company to pay me till I'm 65 because I worked so hard for them in the past? Nothing is given in this world, you have to fight for it.

Answer to P.S I am getting nothing. I am not part of the clawback. When I released out of the service my file never left the base, I should have been a 3b but I was shuffled out the door really fast, I should have gotten sisip but I didn't. I was angered to find out but got proactive for the future in my life. I wish I was part. Who knows maybe I will engage in a lengthy battle with Sisip. But right now I need to go forward not backwards and build up anger with regards to being wronged and hurt and pissed off at life. Instead my gratification is helping others. Nothing is given in life, but it sure as hell can be taken away.

Supreme out

Well said Supreme, a voice of reason is what is needed at this juncture. Sparrow

Back to top Go down

Post by 6608 Thu 10 Jan 2013, 14:10

well if peter and maggie are right with the interest i think this is a good deal.
and i don't have a problem with the legal costs 65 mil i just think they could have given dennis more out of that.......................

and this 7.5% total (not untrue) apposed to 17.7% actual costs to each member just looks bad............again i have no issues with the 17% just the spin.

they should have just said 17.7% in fees, are not the majority of class members only 24 months?
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 337
Registration date : 2012-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by MaggieinNB Thu 10 Jan 2013, 14:04

sorry, distracted playing with the grandbaby Very Happy

yes Tracker.. you example was compounded interest... Navrat you got it ... that is simple interest...

MaggieinNB
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2012-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next