Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi Guy's I am back after a STRESS/de confusion break, now I have a few questions.

+2
sabrelove
pteadams2002
6 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Hi Guy's I am back after a STRESS/de confusion break,  now I have a few questions. - Page 2 Empty Re: Hi Guy's I am back after a STRESS/de confusion break, now I have a few questions.

Post by Guest Sat 19 Jan 2013, 08:24

well propat mud never tasted better but it seems I am collecting interest on interest, so when I do the COLA I would use the actual COLA figure for that year ie, 1.9% for 2002, 2% for 2003 and so on, and do I use gross yearly net yearly

Back to top Go down

Hi Guy's I am back after a STRESS/de confusion break,  now I have a few questions. - Page 2 Empty Re: Hi Guy's I am back after a STRESS/de confusion break, now I have a few questions.

Post by Guest Sat 19 Jan 2013, 07:56

lmao sure here is an exaple.

2001 you have $100 and 5% inerest thats $105

2002 you get another $100 so you add that to your $105 thats $205 and the 5% for that year is calculated on the $205 to give you $215.25

2003 you get another $100 +215.25=$315.25 calculate your 5%=$331.00

2004 is 331.00+100=441.00+5%=$463.05 and so on.

hope this helps buds

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Jan 2013, 07:36

Ok even my German Shepherd is laughing at me

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Jan 2013, 07:35

hey propat can you give me a simple guide into the compound interest calculations as I seem to be confusing it with simple interest which I do understand. This is what i know about compound interest, =?
did you get that lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Jan 2013, 07:31

yup read and react think about it later lol.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Jan 2013, 07:29

exactly right propat so damn true we are far less complicated than people know, lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Jan 2013, 07:20

lmao sooo true robbie my brother was one of the unluckiest ore luckiest guys on our first tour.u know when things got noisy he was right in the middle of it and next contract he left.now he deals with all this crap and since he is big into the union thing he has to deal with that crap to.he told me ya if i stayed maybe i wouldnt have made it but if i did life would be a frack of a lot less complicated just show up thats it someone will tell ya what to do.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Jan 2013, 07:05

Yes and thanks to this whole SISIP situation I honestly have learned tons I may not like all the info as i do have to absorb it slowly, (grunt mentality) but lard thundern it is a scary place them civilians live in lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Jan 2013, 07:02

yes buds get this done soonest your monthly income may not go up right away but you will be verry happy you did it when you hit 65/67.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Jan 2013, 06:56

Actually what SISIP told me was I should apply since I was reinstated LTD but what they did not say was that if I failed to apply at all that they will cut off my LTD without prejudice because I did not comply to the terms and conditions within the policy. I was glad I contacted the CPPD Benefit office and the guy was very helpful. He told me that due to not being employed and earning a taxable income for the last 10 years that once I recieved a taxable allowance then i would be expected to contribute so now i get the ball rolling

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Jan 2013, 06:50

brother not a problem i will help in any way i can.i just would like to make it verry clear to everyone that if you are not on cppd and not paying into cpp when you hit your cut off age for sisip and go to apply for cpp you may get nothing becouse you havent payed in to it for to long of a time.i really hope you understand how much that would suck.my calcs for cpp were at the highest rate when i went on cppd so they will be frozen at that level till i come off witch in our cases is the absalute biggest advantage to this program.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Jan 2013, 06:19

I love you propat you got a heart of gold brother always assisting others is a rare trait these days, maybe you and i can link up and just sit down (ie through the PM button) and shoot the shite, as seriously I just need answers and seems like way tooooooooooooooooo many people are off topic and that is ok but I want help and I want to help all matters SISIP and Veteran, bravo brother

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Jan 2013, 04:48

now that that is over im gonna repost my message to robbie as i extreamly important.

robbie their is no cons to being on cppd as your monthly income will not change if you have no kids.yup you will get less military pention and sisip ltd but cppd will make that up dollar for dollar.

the pros

1.if you have kids your monthy income does go up arround 200 per child.

2.NOW THIS IS A BIG ONE AND I CANT STRESS THIS ENOUGH
YOUR CPP LEVEL WILL BE FROZEN SO WHEN YOU CHANGE FROM CPPD TO CPP YOU WILL RECIVE THAT LEVEL OF CPP.
IF YOU GO A CRAPLOAD OF YEARS NOT ON CPPD AND NOT PAYING INTO CPP YOU MAY END UP WITH A HUGHE DEDUCTION ON YOUR CPP WHEN YOU REACH THE AGE TO GET IT.

TO ALL;IF YOU CAN NO LONGER WORK APPLY FOR CPPD YESTERDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by beleaf67 Fri 18 Jan 2013, 20:01

Thanks so much

beleaf67
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2012-11-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next